"Say Uncle" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Destiny

Still Sanity Challenged!
Premium Member
Air Date: Thursday, November 13, 2008
Time Slot: 9:00 PM-10:00 PM EST on CBS
Episode Title: (#906) "Say Uncle"

INVESTIGATING A SHOOTING IN THE STREETS OF KOREATOWN PROVES DIFFICULT FOR THE CSI TEAM WHEN NONE OF THE WITNESSES WILL DISCUSS THE CRIME. - a shooting at a Koreatown neighborhood party, in which the mother and uncle of a small boy, Park Bang, are murdered, none of the witnesses will speak to the CSI team investigating the case.

SERIES REGULARS:
Gil Grissom: William Petersen
Catherine Willows: Marg Helgenberger
Nick Stokes: George Eads
Captain Jim Brass: Paul Guilfoyle
Greg Sanders: Eric Szmanda
Dr. Robbins: Robert David Hall
David Phillips: David Berman
Hodges: Wallace Langham
Wendy Simms: Liz Vassey
Riley Adams: Lauren Lee Smith

RECURRING CAST:
Archie Johnson: Archie Kao

GUEST CAST:
Det. Chris Cavaliere: Jose Zuniga
Henry Andrews: Jon Wellner
Korean Teenager: Olivia Sui
Park Bang.: Gavin Toy
Korean Father: Brian Fong
Jang: Sung Kang
Kora Sil: Jin Yang
Sung Bang: Kevin Moon
Plastic Surgeon: Robert Dahey
Bob Lenz: Patrick Labyorteaux
Bae Chin: Lauren Tom
Jin Ming/Mr. Pan: Lanny Joon
Mrs. Lee June: Kyoko Lu
Officer Mitchell: Larry Mitchell
E.R. Doctor: Anthony DeSantis
Dr. Eisling: Peter MacKenzie
Office Kwan: James Kyson Lee
Officer Akers: Larry Sullivan

WRITTEN BY: Dustin Lee Abraham
DIRECTED BY: Richard J. Lewis

THANKS TO:
The Futon Critic
TV.com

Here is the extended promo for the episode from CBS. (sorry I don't have a youtube link)

clicky me

Greg fans will enjoy this, he is in the promo several times. (for a change)

I wonder who gets shot.

It's probably going to be an officer at the scene or something, because I doubt they would shoot Nick, and they won't shoot Riley because she's new, and Greg sounds like the one who reports the "officer down," so it's just an officer, then. They're just building up tension. Promos are known for being misleading.

I wonder who gets shot.

It's probably going to be an officer at the scene or something, because I doubt they would shoot Nick, and they won't shoot Riley because she's new, and Greg sounds like the one who reports the "officer down," so it's just an officer, then. They're just building up tension. Promos are known for being misleading.

True. I didn't think the voice was Greg's though. We'll see.

It was Greg's voice. The other spoiler thread said that the scene with Riley and Nick is separate from the case Greg and Grissom are on so if that is true then neither Nick or Riley get shot but its an officer that gets shot.There is no way they'd put another CSI's life in danger like that, not after killing Warrick. IMHO

Last edited:
I still think it would be more dramatically interesting if it's Grissom who gets shot, but not fatally, just winged or flesh wound or something. And he is supposed to be working the case with Greg... and there sounded like more concern in Greg's voice than he would have for a random officer. It sounded to me like it was someone he's closer to. I could just be reading more into it, but... I mean, Cath, Greg, Nick, Warrick and Sara have all being injured (and Warrick killed) on the job. the worst that Grissom's gotten is a few scratches from that nutjob who kidnapped Nick blowing up that place they were in and a gun pointed in his face. He's never really been physically injured like his teammates have. None of the bosses on any of the CSI shows have.

I still think it would be more dramatically interesting if it's Grissom who gets shot, but not fatally, just winged or flesh wound or something. And he is supposed to be working the case with Greg... and there sounded like more concern in Greg's voice than he would have for a random officer. It sounded to me like it was someone he's closer to. I could just be reading more into it, but... I mean, Cath, Greg, Nick, Warrick and Sara have all being injured (and Warrick killed) on the job. the worst that Grissom's gotten is a few scratches from that nutjob who kidnapped Nick blowing up that place they were in and a gun pointed in his face. He's never really been physically injured like his teammates have. None of the bosses on any of the CSI shows have.

Interesting possibility! I've been wondering what was up with this epi ... there seem to be far fewer spoilers for it than there have been for others (am I imagining that?) and just one storyline.

Grissom got knocked around pretty good at the end of The Strip Strangler, if I remember correctly. He was on the ground, about to get pounded with a shovel, but Cath came down the stairs and blew the guy away. I love the end scene of that, where Grissom apologizes for putting her in the situation (he didn't have his gun, of course) and she has this great line about how not looking back and not regretting is how she lives her life.

Cath is cool. And I'm off topic now. Sorry.

Ali

I think Grissom has never gotten injured because he has super powers and the team is just not aware of them. He's Super G!!!:lol:

And he is supposed to be working the case with Greg... and there sounded like more concern in Greg's voice than he would have for a random officer. It sounded to me like it was someone he's closer to.

I think Greg would be concerned for anyone who got shot, even if it is not another CSI. They work with officers every time they are on a scene, so he knows them too, we just do not see their interaction.

And he is supposed to be working the case with Greg... and there sounded like more concern in Greg's voice than he would have for a random officer. It sounded to me like it was someone he's closer to.

I think Greg would be concerned for anyone who got shot, even if it is not another CSI. They work with officers every time they are on a scene, so he knows them too, we just do not see their interaction.

Very true, remember fannysmackin? Greg was concerned for the life of a total stranger. So yeah its not a stretch to think he'd be concerned for an officer who's been shot as well. You can tell by his voice that he is very anxious.

Very true, remember fannysmackin? Greg was concerned for the life of a total stranger. So yeah its not a stretch to think he'd be concerned for an officer who's been shot as well. You can tell by his voice that he is very anxious.

He sounds pretty freaked out. Calm freaked out though.

Well, I know he'd be concerned for anyone cause he's a compassionate person, but I dunno it just seemed to me that there was some extra concern in his voice. I dunno. I could be imagining it. But, I still think it'd be dramatically more interesting if it's Grissom who gets shot (though of course not badly wounded).

What about Cathrine? She hasn't been physicaly hurt yet, though she has been beat up emotionaly.

Does anyone have a youtube of the promo? cbs hates me.

Back