Sara/Greg #13: Sandle - The Ship of Hope

A quick one, two Sandle banners I made for the catergory thread, thanks to everyone there for their constructive criticism:
SandleBanner2-1.jpg

SandleBanner.jpg

Let me know what you think :)

Hi guys! I haven't been into the Sandle thread in the longest time. Of course back then I used to be messermonroe, King Liff :) Anyone remember me or have I been dethroned. Looks like kissmesweet has been missing too. :(

Anyway, I watched Fannysmackin' a few nights ago and that served to rekindle my (somewhat dimming) passion for Sandle :) I was so happy to see Sara so darn annoyed that no one was tending to Greg until they said he's been stabilized. And then she held his hand and I was thinking..."screw Grissom, Sara's eloping with Greg" :lol:

You know Sara might be coming back sometime later right? She's coming back married to Greg I tell you. :lol:

Oh wow, not only do we have a "new" member (hey Liff! :)) We got ourselves this new board which is... I don't know. I've been putting off coming here because of the changes but I can't do it any longer.

Hey! We got new smilies! :bolian: :alienblush: :vulcan: :borg: Cool! I LOVE new smilies, even if I'll probably never use 'em! :drool:

A new icon challenge? Woo! Thanks for telling us Shazza! I will definitely enter and show off my sandle love. :D Oh, and I like your banners Shazza. Can't wait to see what you can do when you get Gimp.

wow I've been absent sooooo long! Just remembered that I haven't been here since I-dunno-when, so I decided to have a look around - and I was so confused! New layout, looks great!

Hes, those icons are absolutely AMAZING!! So are yours Shaz.

No matter how long I've been away, I want to share something with you: a Sandle Quote!!

Love lives on hope, and dies when hope is dead; It is a flame which sinks for lack of fuel.

- Pierre Corneille

Thought that fits the thread! Sandle forever!!!

Wonderful quote and thanks for the compliments hun! I was in the icon zone. :cool:

You know, I just realized my name isn't on that list. Probably because I made it and sort of added it in my mind. :lol: Well I'm adding myself now:

YouandMe1105
SaraStar - Eva
Dutchie - Nikki
kissmesweet - Delia aka Del
sandersidle - Katie
GregsLabRat - Carrie
luvincsi - Paula aka Pau
SandleDL - Katja aka Kat
greg_sara_love - Naz
araSgerG - Emi aka EmLee
Hestia
Sabser - Jessica aka Jessi
Nami - Lisa
jue - Sue
sandle_rocks - Amy
PintSizeGenius - Soph
CathStokes - Lynn
catey1234
ericloca - Danielle aka Dani
Blue Starlight (formerly LoveCSI) - Bonnie
Skell
Salean - Sal
Shazza - Sophia
Gaelen - Liff

Alright, I think that covers it. Salean, I really like your scenario! Only problem: more details please! I love overactive imaginations, especially sandley ones!
8b91h5i.jpg

Last edited:
Anyways Skell, Hestia, Salean, Kat - there's a new icon challenge up and the theme is ships again!! It's be great to have some Sandle Icons in there along with all the other ships **hint,hint,hint*** :D ....

Oh okay thanks for tellin me! Might be in for it!

What if Sara returns? I think she might want to talk to Greg in private - and don't you have dirty thoughts here!! I guess she would want to explain why she left, and of course Greg would understand. He would be there for her like he always was, telling her that he doesn't blame her, but he might as well let it slip that he missed her a lot. That's it in the first place. Not much, but it's the small steps that make you move on, right?

^The small steps are always the sweet ones IMO. The little looks, the strong support, and Greg will be all of that. The shoulder to cry on, the hands to hold, the lips to kiss....the :censored:

:lol: I couldn't help myself. Sorry.

Oh, and umm...not to be picky but could someone tweak the name list a bit? My name's spelled wrong :eek:

I've made some icons for the contest, but unless this whole PM thing is sorted out I'm not going to be able to enter. :rolleyes:

Kat, I think Sara would definitely want to talk to Greg in private... especially if we take into account the 'argument' that was cut from 'Goodbye and Goodluck'... if they didn't make up before she left...? Anyway. Yes it's the small steps that make the road to recovery.

I know Hes I was over the moon at all the cool new smilies we can use... but I will seriously never use half of them :D

Sometimes I turn my imaginary scenarios into fanfics Liff, but I have sooo many varying scenarios that I can't write them all up to the standard I would like. Also, I'm generally quite fussy about the stuff I write being 'in-canon' and that story would be thrown out of canon once the episode had aired. (I'm such an oddball, I really am. :D Tis all good.) But I like to live them in my head while I can. :D

Salean, I suggest posting in the Icon challenge thread and asking if the organiser has an email address or something to you can still enter :) I'm sure they'll find a way for you to get 'em in if you've done 'em....Mine are in btw :D..pumped to see what you guys come up with...

^^Loving the ideas and thoughs on Sandle so far...and Liff - I'll make no comment on you scenarios..*runs away*

Last edited:
Salean, I know how it feels when you write and you're always wondering if this would actually ever happen. It's even worse when something airs negates everything you've written, but that's not the point. The point is that you live through what's in your head and let others share that little dream with you (I love that!). Before I started writing fanfiction, I had scenarios from every single ship I had before I sucked it up and wrote it down (ok so I was under a friendly thread but you get the point). You owe it to Sandle!!

:p I sound so forceful, ignore me. I'm in a mood.

Shazza, don't mind me, I can never stray away from dirty little thoughts. It's just me. :lol: I'm known as the king of the gutter for a reason. haha. Besides, Sandle used to me so full of spice and mexican hats and all that jazz. Where's all that gone?

^^haha, when I sent that post, I'd just woke up so my mind was a bit froggy and I wasn't expecting to wake to that :lol: but no worries I'll get use to it lol...

Okay so I was watching another sandlely eppy so I want to add another:

Sandle Pic(s) of the Moment
(Organ Grinder)

normal_21120285229.jpg

normal_21120281429.jpg

Sara: "I could really, really just kiss you right now."

This was indeed the first episode in which I really saw the chemistry between Sara and Greg...they were just so close in those pics...this was definately a very sandlely episode...can't imagine what must have happened between these two post organ grinder....

Oh, I have written some Sandle fanfics Liff. If you want to take a look at them you can find them here: http://www.fanfiction.net/~salean . I just don't write every scenario down. As well as issues of canon there are also issues of time... and the fact that I'm a horrible updater (as the readers of my current ongoing fic will testify), and the fact that I'm trying to keep my original writing up so that when (hopefully) I get into the English and Creative Writing course at the university I'm hoping to go to, I have some things to show them that aren't fanfic.

And you didn't sound too forceful, don't worry. :)

I did ask on the thread, Shazza, and have now sent mine in via email. So that's all good. :) Can't wait to see all the others. Hope Sandle has a good turnout.

The Sandley moment of almost-kissingness... *sigh* If you hadn't turned away, Greg...

I don't read fanfics anymore. I only write them. I have no clue why. It just doesn't happen. Don't mean to be rude or anything Salean, I love to read little dialogues and scenes but I've somewhat lost the need to read ff. No time for it I guess. Writing takes up enough of my time as it is. :eek:

We should start some kind of episode guide that basically summaries each and every Sandle moment that's been recorded. That way it's easy to find said moments! Since I haven't watched many of them, I'm just suggesting. Someone else is going to have to do it. *bad shipper* Yes I know :( Sad.

Great SPOTMs Shaz! I love watching those caps pass by every now and again. I've never seen the actual episode but they look so darn cute together. They could so have been give a little peck there. It would have been absolutely fitting. :) *Just a little closer* I wish I could have just giving Greggo a lil' nudge - it would probably change to a full-blown make out scene anyway. :eek:

Thrashing like eels come to mind. ;)

We should start some kind of episode guide that basically summaries each and every Sandle moment that's been recorded. That way it's easy to find said moments! Since I haven't watched many of them, I'm just suggesting. Someone else is going to have to do it. *bad shipper* Yes I know :( Sad.

^^thats sounds like an awesome idea!! :D We actually did that for another ship I ship lol and It was really cool and really helpful....any volunteers *looks at others and raises hand*..I'd be haapy to do it but I'll need help we could split it into season or half seasons and have each person do one....hows about it...great idea Liff!

Great SPOTMs Shaz! I love watching those caps pass by every now and again. I've never seen the actual episode but they look so darn cute together. They could so have been give a little peck there. It would have been absolutely fitting. :) *Just a little closer* I wish I could have just giving Greggo a lil' nudge - it would probably change to a full-blown make out scene anyway. :eek:

Thrashing like eels come to mind. ;)

The first time I watch that eppy (even before I use to ship sandle) I seriously though they were gonna make out but sadly greg turned away...(what a way to kill a mood greg :rolleyes:)

Greg needs a spanking session. "How to take the opportunities given to you and NOT shy away!!"

I wonder what it would be like now if the main ship was Sandle instead of GSR because of that scene (which ep/season is from btw?). I'm sure they'd be so blissfully happy it hurts all to watch. :)

I'm glad you liked the episode guide idea Shaz, I'd love to help but I'm afraid I'm no good at remembering CSI scenes since I haven't seen the majority of them. :eek:

No problem, Liff, I let fanfiction take up far too much of my life... wish I had your restraint...

Anyway, I really shouldn't be posting because I have French c/w due in for this week, and no time to do it... but I noticed the discussion about an episode guide type thing. Well, this is not that, exactly, but on this other forum I was a member of (the Sandle ship thread has officially died there :rolleyes:) we created a 'Sandle Moments' list. I think there are a couple of scenes missing, but in general it's pretty in-depth.

1x08 - SARA: "He's toying with
1x15 - GREG: "You want a valium for her?" SARA: "I heard that."
1x20 - Greg needs to see Grissom and waves to Sara.
1x22 - SARA: "You're nuts. You know that."
2x04 - GREG: "A real man wouldn't mind."
2x10 - GREG: "Just because you got passed over, don't take it out on me."
2x11 - GREG: (to Catherine.) "Do you think Sara would ever go out with me?"
2x11 - GREG: "So I was thinking. Maybe we could take our break at the same time. Later this shift. Together."
2x11 - GREG: "Sara and I were just going out for dinner."
2x11 - SARA: "I could really, really just kiss you right now."
2x13 - GREG: "When you say 'jump', I say 'how high?'"
2x16 - GREG: "Sex is physical. Is that sport?" SARA: "Not to me."
2x18 - SARA: "You're really good at what you do."
2x18 - Sara defends Greg.
2x21 - GRISSOM: "You already shared this information with Sara?"
2x21 - GRISSOM: "You and Greg are out ahead of me."
3x01 - GREG: "What's he got that I don't got?"
3x01 - GREG: "You'll get your answer when I get mine."
3x03 - GREG: "Well, it's raw... and it's definitely skin."
3x05 - GREG: "Swami is here to reveal all your DNA secrets."
3x17 - GREG: "I have some information that could bring us even closer."
4x05 - GREG: *gestures to Sara to call him.*
4x10 - Greg's perfect teeth.
4x15 - GREG: "You're my witness."
4x20 - The after-marathon hug.
4x21 - Greg carries Sara's field kit in addition to his own.
5x02 - SARA: "I heard you finally lost your virginity."
5x04 - SARA: "Greg, you still have the solo to complete, and, technically, you're still a trainee, but you're doing a great job." GREG: "Thanks."
5x05 - MIA: "Sara said you didn't lose your virginity until you were 22."
5x11 - GREG: "Are you checking up on me?"
5x11 - SARA: "Feel like celebrating after shift? I'm buying."
5x11 - Sara is the first one Greg hugs when he passes his proficiency test.
5x13 - SARA: "Mr. Straightedge."
5x13 - Greg asks Catherine how they can help Sara.
5x14 - GREG: "I'm a good listener."
5x16 - GREG: "This is just like a dream I had once."
5x19 - SARA: "Really? Gosh, I saw everything."
5x21 - Greg pretends to smother Sara with a pillow.
5x23 - Trophy condoms. xD
5x23 - The Infamous Explodapotty.
6x01 - SARA: "Technically, that makes you a cannibal."
6x01 - GREG: "And the student becomes the master."
6x05 - Gold Stars.
6x13 - Greg's sandwich.
6x22 - SARA: "Greg, don't you have a birthday coming up?"
7x04 - GREG: "I know that Sidle scent."
7x04 - SARA: "I came here for you, Greg."
7x06 - SARA: "I'm the one who turned the music on."
7x06 - GREG: "Lucky for us."
7x07 - Sara looks worried about Greg after he leaves for the night.
7x13 - Sara and Greg process the car together.
7x13 - Greg holds the door open for Sara.
7x16 - GREG: "Hey Sara, heard we got another miniature."
7x18 - Greg gives Sara a look as he walks past.
7x18 - SARA: "He kicked the crap out of her..."
7x19 - SARA: "You observed the interview? If the undersherrif had seen you, he would've gone ballistic." GREG: "Well I'm still off the case."
7x24 - GREG: "The doll's still alive. That means Sara's still alive."
7x24 - Greg's look as Grissom reveals to the team about GSR.
8x01 - Greg sees the car first.
8x01 - Greg in the helicopter looking for Sara.
8x02 - GREG: "Did he say anything about what's happening with Sara?"
8x02 - NICK: "Did Sara ever say anything to you about her and Grissom?" GREG: "Not in so many words."
8x03 - SARA: "You missing me yet?" GREG: "More and more everyday."
8x04 - Greg comes in to see Sara...
8x04 - GREG: "I'm off the clock... you need a hand?"
8x04 - GREG: "This is great stuff for my book." SARA: "Your what?" GREG: "Oh, just a little piece on Vegas history... stories that didn't make the papers."
8x04 - Sara watches Greg leave with Lily. (she is so wishing she could have dinner with Greggo)
8x05 - SARA: "I think I am sick of having my face shoved in death everyday."
8x07 - GREG: "I think I might be able to help you out there."
8x08 - GREG: "Yeah, whatever."

Anyway. On with the French coursework! Fun times...

Last edited:
^ Thanks for the list! It's been a while since I've been here, let alone seen that. :) Good luck with your homework?

How's everyone? I've missed this thread!

And I strongly believe that Greg and Sara have eloped now... happily during the WGA strike. :D Liff agrees with me! :D

OMG Del!!!! I miss you so much!!! Sorry I've been MIA for some time...its not my fault!! Its the computer's fault...hehe

hmm...what if Sara's back in the lab...I kinda want them to bump into each other...OOH!!! I think i may have a short dialogue for that...

Greg: *Walk briskly along the corridoor*
Sara: *Walk along the corridoor too, but at the opposite side*

The bump into each other

Greg: Opps!! Im sorry....hey lady, Im really sorry *Rub his forehead*
Sara: Ouch! Nevermind, Its okay...Oww *rub her forehead* Oh my...Greg?
Greg: Sara! *Hugs her* I miss you so much!!
Sara: Ya, me too *hug him back* Wow! nice haircut...
Greg: You like it?
Sara: No.
Greg: *Look down in disappointment*
Sara: *Lift his chin up* I love it
Greg: :) Well, Grissom is in the office...
Sara: Why must you bring up Grissom's name in our conversation now?
Greg: Well, let me see...You're his girlfriend, and you came back to see him..well yeah, thats my reason
Sara: You dont know yet?
Greg: What?
Sara: We broke up....
Greg: :wtf::wtf::wtf: Why isnt somebody told me that? Am I a ghost here??
Sara: :lol: Or maybe you're the first one to know...
Greg: So, you're alright?
Sara: Well, actually no...but when I look at your face, all my bad moods are gone..
Greg: Wow! What am I? A clown? A Comedian or something?
Sara: :lol: Neither, you're just a good friend who cares....thank you Greg
Greg: For what? I did nothing, well, except for making you happy;)
Sara: Yeah right..say, whould you go out on a dinner with me after you shift?
Greg: Im off the clock..
Sara: Lets go!
Greg: Wait...dont you want to meet the rest first?
Sara: Hmm... Forget the rest, lets go...*Pulls his arm*
Greg: Ouch! This is my million dollar arm here
Sara: Whatever Greg

Back