Saddam Hussein Sentenced to Death by Hanging

Let's please try and keep discussion friendly in here, okay? If you have an opinion to add, please expand on it and explain your reasoning.

Shane, can you give examples of what horrible things he did to the U.S that you were thinking of when you wrote your post above? From what I know, apart from Saddam's non-compliance with the U.N resolutions and failure to disarm in terms of WMD, a lot of his crimes are against his own people, and war crimes in Iran and Kuwait (I think those are most major ones).

wibble said:
Let's please try and keep discussion friendly in here, okay? If you have an opinion to add, please expand on it and explain your reasoning.

Shane, can you give examples of what horrible things he did to the U.S that you were thinking of when you wrote your post above? From what I know, apart from Saddam's non-compliance with the U.N resolutions and failure to disarm in terms of WMD, a lot of his crimes are against his own people, and war crimes in Iran and Kuwait (I think those are most major ones).

Ms. Wibble you are going to make me think, aren't you? :p

Well, let's see.

He helped affiliate with terror attacks planned on the US. He was a known conspirator for 9/11 (Osama binLaden was the top guy last i heard but I also heard news reports that Saddam was also involved).

But yes, I also heard he was in a few other coutries attacks, so maybe I was a little wrong there. :p *runs*

^ Yup. Gotta keep you on your toes :p ;)

I think you're right about the Iraq link with al-Qaeda - apparently this came from Czech authorities. One of the 9/11 terrorists met an Iraqi Intelligence Officer in Prague just before the attacks.

Then there is the Iraqi Intelligence Service assasination attempt on George W.H Bush in 1993 through a car bomb. Interesting that the Kuwaiti authorities foiled this terrorist plot, although the attempt was also on the life of the Emir of Kuwait as well as the U.S president.

So a couple of things against America there, although I'm not sure if there are any more.

I'll have to do further research to find out what other countries Saddam has committed crimes against (if any).

Yeah well US attacked Iraq TWICE. After they gave lots and lots of weapons to them in the war against Iran.

There was no proof about WMD in Iraq, even US claimed so so they'd attack to Iraq.

And what comes to Hussein/Al-Qaeda... who can tell it's been Hussein? They could have been some underground terrorists who have been in contact with al-Qaeda.

It's more Bush's sayings that Hussein was involved. He just dragged Hussein and 9/11 together so he'd get another "reason" to attack to IRaq.

BUt aren't we going bit off topic here?

Calihan said:
What heirs does Saddam have left, hi sons were killed back in '02 or '03

Actually his wife and daughters, are in Pakistan or Syria.. and they all have kids, so he does have heirs.. but on another note. rgardless, of what happend I forced myself to watch a bio. of him on the HISTORY channel :( and they interviewd one of his many mistresses,in his gold-studded palace (one of many) and she stated that when they were together he loved to smoke cigars, drink whiskey, and watch the videos of his victims being gassed and tortured, and LAUGHED, while viewing them.. the interviewer goes "laughed " and she goes "yes".. how grisly is that?? nice guy,, NOT!!! he was demented and a monster...and the old saying "what goes around, comes around" :eek:

I´m not English. What does this saying mean please?

S. Hussein is a dictator who is to be punished for his brutal reign. Please don´t get me wrong, I´d never defend Hussein.

All I wanted to say is we can´t execute all terrorists, because they´re not only as much, they even become more. :eek:

I am glad that he is finally gone but i think it is very disturbing that he was hung. But the world will be a better place without him.

Detective_Burn said:
I´m not English. What does this saying mean please?

Which phraae, "What goes around comes around". That means that the person will get what they deserveeventully.

@Calihan.
Thanks for that explaination. No matter if he deserves it or not, I´d like to see what effects his death will have.

WillowsWannaBe said:
I just seen the uncut video. I can't believe people were LAUGHING while he was hanging...

Willows I saw a bio of him,(History channel) and while drinking whiskey and smoking cigars, in his gold studded palace, with his mistress, he was watching a video of the people he had gassed and tortured, and 'LAUGHING' :devil: what goes around, comes around,, he was a demented mad-man :mad:

LOL, you said the same thing about 4 posts up. :p ;)

I want to see the video, just because everyone is saying so many things about it. I want to judge it on my own.

Ive seen the video and I feel no sympathy for the man, I dont even care that he was laughed at at his death, it just makes them as low as Hussein but he does DESERVE it. I mean, the hanging itself wont erase the thousand of murders he has done but it's a start.

vegaslights said:
I want to see the video, just because everyone is saying so many things about it. I want to judge it on my own.
You'll find it on YouTube. It's not as horrible as I was expecting. I only hate the reaction of the people around.

Hmm..The uncut video was not horrible...However,those at the execution were not acting as those who had to a hanging..Instead,they were acting like those who had gone for a party..
I do understand that some would have taken the occasion a joyous one but these people failed to see the seriousness of the situation...The man was/is well-connected around the region...
You slay one terrorist,another will take his place...

Back