Ryan/Jonathan #13: 'The Ryan Wolfe Effect'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Marns, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryansnuttytart

ryansnuttytart Rookie

Re: Ryan/Jonathan #13

I don't think I could even begin to ween myself off JT at the mo and especially now my season 3 box set has arrived. I get to watch all the bits i missed first time round. I didn't really noticed him then as I was only just getting into CSI Miami.
    So I'm off to watch the gorg sexy man himself.

2. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

They're offline since a few days now. I checked the url everyday now since saturday I think and it's always offline. :(
    But the gallery does work. So we can still drool over Jon pics. And of course there's athlov's page. I rarely use any other galleries. :lol:
    Link to athlov's page.
    Just a reminder! :)

3. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

I think we really need a name. It looks so plain just being Ryan/Jonathan. :( We should make a poll. :D Anyone have any good suggestions?

:lol: I want to be the writer.. Cause then I would always have him shirtless in slow motion.. Things like that. :devil:

4. dna_girl

dna_girl Witness

There is a poll sandersidle, it's on the first page of the thread (well, it was there when I voted for the thread title yesterday). :)

It seems fairly common to some of us that our obsession with Ryan Wolfe started with 'Nailed' - I know mine did. I did watch the odd episode of Miami and never really noticed him (What was I thinking?????!!!! :eek:)
    Now, of course, I am obsessed as the rest. :D

5. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Yep, the poll is located here. :) I believe it runs for a few more hours today, and then we'll see the results.

I have to admit, I loved 'Nailed'. I thought Jon did a fantastic job acting in that episode. He really showed he was up to par with everyone else on the show (not that we had a doubt about that. ;)) and it was really great to see a character episode about Ryan that didn't involve 'Ryan screwing up' or 'Ryan being the newbie'. :D

6. Shadowfax

Shadowfax CSI Level One

I second your thoughts about a Ryan-centered episode, speed_cochrane! And I can't wait to see what the poll results are going to be. :D

I've always liked Ryan from the beginning. 'Nailed' was just icing on the cake. He really was fabulous in that episode. I imagine it'd be hard to pull off acting like you're hurt without going over the top, but he did a superb job handling it. *gushes* :eek: :D

7. R_wolfe_is_OMG

R_wolfe_is_OMG Witness

Jeez, I leave for school this morning, and I come back to twenty million new things, but I LOVE READING THEM, and I agree with everyone who says, once your hooked on Jon, thats it. Woo. And I'm single, so I can talk and obsess all I want, although my parents look at me like I'm nutso. My dogs too...hmm..that's telling me something..oh well... :D

8. ebonymist

ebonymist Police Officer

^I know how you feel. My parents/siblings/pets are the same way. :lol:

Actually, I was hooked on Jon way before I ever saw Nailed - to be fair, though, I saw most of S4 out of order. The first episode that I saw with him in it was Deviant, then Rampage and OOOO, because I wasn't a big Miami fan at the time. I started really watching and getting hooked on him back in October, after I saw Curse of the Coffin, lol. Then I went back and watched S3 & 4. :)

Can't wait to see what the results of the poll are! :D

9. AliGtr

AliGtr CSI Level One

I'm married. My husband doesn't know about my obsession. Well, he thinks it's an obsession with CSI generally. He knows I talk on a message board, but no more. I don't rave about Jonathan to him because I don't think he'd be pleased. That fragile male ego... So I confine myself to raving about JT here, where everyone sympathises with me. And my weakness for shrinking t-shirts. :D

What was it about Ryan that first grabbed you? I really got into Miami in S3, then really got obsessed with Ryan's sweetness, his dark hair and his eyes, and his ambitiousness/awkwardness from about... Shootout onwards. He was so sweet in S3, even though his hair did get a little bit out of hand.

10. inge

inge CSI Level Two

I liked him from the first episode, but he became my fav character in 'Crime Wave'.
    I liked the way he cared for his uncle and the way he handled his case.
    I was a little bit disappointed at the end of Season 3. the character annoyed me a little bit.
    In Season 4 everything went better.
    'Nailed' was an excellent character episode. It was not too much and not too less. They didn't forget about the other characters and the ending is one of my fav scenes (as I mentioned in the fav moments thread).

11. AliGtr

AliGtr CSI Level One

I think that Ryan was trying too hard at the end of S3. His ambition wasn't balanced with the rest of him, so he upset people. It didn't turn me off him though. :D

12. ebonymist

ebonymist Police Officer

Oh, yeah the cockiness at the end of S3 annoyed me when I saw it, but I already knew he got better afterward, so I wasn't too worried about it. ;)

I don't even know what the first thing that really grabbed me about him was. I felt bad for him in OOOO when those special agents (or whatever they were) thought he stole that money, but he was just another character to me at that point. Probably the thing that grabbed me most was his facial expressions. Weird, I know, but the first ep I saw of S5 was Death Eminent, and close to the end when he's just figured out who the murderer is, he has this *look* that I can't even begin to describe, but I thought it was hilarious. Then I noticed that he has a lot of those expressions, and he's just a really expressive character in general, and I liked that, so I got hooked. (Not to mention, he's gorgeous, so that probably had something to do with it) :D

13. Shadowfax

Shadowfax CSI Level One

I liked Ryan from the start. Oh, wait... I already said that. :D

What about him grabbed me the most? I could say it was all of him generally -- the TOtally GOrgeous Package! But, if I had to choose, I'd say it was his eyes. :eek: Mmmm... *dreamy sigh* They're still the most gorgeous I've ever seen. :eek:

I was more upset with the writers making Ryan look like a jerk towards the end of S3. You're right in that his character wasn't balanced then. But still, I found myself forgiving him easily, rationalizing his actions. The fan girl in me refused to be upset, even if I didn't agree with some of the things he'd done. :p

Plus, how can you say no to that handsome face? Those gorgeously expressive eyes :eek:, that mesmerizing smile :D, those sexy, sexy arms... :devil: *shakes self out of daze* Huh? Where was I?

Oh, yeah... Seriously, you can't stay mad at the guy for long. I admit that I'm a pile of goo when it comes to Ryan/JT. I'd gladly go ga-ga for him any day! :p :lol:

14. R_wolfe_is_OMG

R_wolfe_is_OMG Witness

I liked him from the start, just how sweet he acted, and outgoing. And plus, he's just REALLY sexy, lol. How he looks at others and how thorough he is with his work. And he sacrificed his lunch...LOL *random*

15. LadyLinnaea

LadyLinnaea Dead on Arrival

OMG< I just saw that episode again yesterday! I forgot how funny he was from the very start. I think I fell in love with him by te time he was made a part of the opening credits. I did have to mourn Speedle, but Ryan helped me get over him with those smiles.......*melts*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.