Ryan/Jonathan #13: 'The Ryan Wolfe Effect'

Status
Not open for further replies.
*testifies* HEHE :devil:

Well that's really what I like about Ryan: he's human! He's no super H that gets shot at but never gets hurt, gets yelled at but never yells back, etc. (not insulting Horatio here...but it's true :p) He gets hurt, he shows emotion, he screws up (maybe a little TOO much, TPTB :rolleyes:) and he...well...he seems so real. That, plus I love him because *runs to shippers central, voice fades out*

Ok...and he's HOTT :lol:

speed_cochrane said:

He's not afraid to speak his mind, no matter how new he is, or who he's talking to. I find that very appealing that he has such a firey spirit. -- Even if he might get in trouble, he seems fearless about it.

I might not have liked Ryan in the beginning (And some people here can probably testify to that :p) but he's grown on me, and I appreciate him even moreso now.
I have to agree on all points. I watched the first season or so, and quit. Then I started back, and poor Speed died. Needless to say, I didn't take well to Ryan. He seemed...stuck up to me. Now, he's relaxed into his position. He still makes mistakes, but that makes him real (I think someone already said that XD) The poor thing sure didn't quit when everyone acted like they hated him. Him acting so protective of Eric shows that at least Ryan has gotten over the past.

The first thing that made me like Ryan was his attitude, also. He wasn't afraid to show up the older CSIs if they missed something. I'm glad that he gets some recognition on the show, not just from us ;)

Now, if only H would quit calling him Mr. Wolfe.....

I like Ryan, that is a fact...Now why?!
I guess one of the big reasons is that because he was the only character I saw from its begining in the series, as I did not start watching CSI:Miami from the first season, so it just seemed that I knew everything there was to know about him...Plus, I love his way of acting in all situations, like someone has already said, he seems a normal person trying to do his best on the job, and on his life, and surviving to everyday situations and problems...Besides, he is the youngest, so he was supposed to be the "kid", but he was mature and I love to see his evolution...I also like that OCD detail!..And, a very important point, he is cute and handsome...
Now, to this I should add that Jonathan Togo shows in every single scene that he is such a great actor, and I think he was really well choosed to play Ryan...I also must admit that maybe if it was another actor to play him, I would not love Ryan this much...
Now, do I really need to say anything else?! :p

Aw Geni you know I love you now and I know how you felt back then. * gives big hug* I knew sooner or later Togo/ Ryan would get to you.

I totally understand how someone that was a fan of Speed would hate Ryan at first. I can say that if Ryan/Togo left the show I wouldn't watch it anymore, or like I do now on a regular basis. I admit I only started watching it when I saw him on it and I really only watch it for him. If he was killed off I'd be devastated and done.

As for the q's about why I like Ryan I'll say the first thing that got me liking him was his hottness..totally hott, but he was also cute and adorkable. He's one hot dork. But right away I saw how caring he was getting emotionally involved with the victims and how hard he worked at solving the crimes. He did what ever it took to get the bad guy even if it meant stepping on some toes and being rude to the people. I liked him making some of the mistakes he made because you could see he was really upset with himself for making them. I'm upset they still have him making so many stupid little mistakes and some really big whopper dumbass mistake...Luminal on the blood, that one just pissed me off. But I love Ryan's emotions. When he gets upset you can see it in his face and hear it in his voice. I just think Togo is an amazing actor and perfect for playing Ryan. He's made Ryan a very interesting character with many different sides to him. He's shown he's a funny guy with a strange sense of humor and very caring for everyone around him.

Twiztid4Togo said:
Aw Geni you know I love you now. * gives big hug* I knew sooner or later Togo/ Ryan would get to you.

I totally understand how someone that was a fan of Speed would hate Ryan at first. I can say that if Ryan/Togo left the show I wouldn't watch it anymore, or like I do now on a regular basis. I admit I only started watching it when I saw him on it and I really only watch it for him. If he was killed off I'd be devastated and done.

As for the q's about why I like Ryan I'll say the first thing that got me liking him was his hottness..totally hott, but he was also cute and adorkable. He's one hot dork. But right away I saw how caring he was getting emotionally involved with the victims and how hard he worked at solving the crimes. He did what ever it took to get the bad guy even if it meant stepping on some toes and being rude to the people. I liked him making some of the mistakes he made because you could see he was really upset with himself for making them. I'm upset they still have him making so many stupid little mistakes and some really big whopper dumbass mistake...Luminal on the blood, that one just pissed me off. But I love Ryan's emotions. When he gets upset you can see it in his face and hear it in his voice. I just think Togo is an amazing actor and perfect for playing Ryan. He's made Ryan a very interesting character with many different sides to him. He's shown he's a funny guy with a strange sense of humor and very caring for everyone around him.

Well this pretty much sums it all up right there! lol. I also basiacally just watch CSI:Miami because of Ryan/Jonathan! The funny thing is I had like watched the episodes with him about like 10 times a while back and I didn't even notice him untill one day I was just randomly like is this guy cute or not? :lol: So I looked him up on the internet and couldn't wait to watch an episode with him in it that day! :lol: and since then I have been in love with Jonathan Togo!!! lol and Ryan Wolfe :D

That's quite the success story iluv_ryan, lol. It's kind of funny how people find out a character and suddenly find themselves checked into TalkCSI muttering "My name is [insert name here] and I am a Togoholic" :lol:

Twiztid4Togo said
Aw Geni you know I love you now and I know how you felt back then. * gives big hug* I knew sooner or later Togo/ Ryan would get to you.

*huggles* I love you too. :D And yes, *sigh* he got to me. Must have been his infectious smile, and his firey personality. :devil:

Also, I think it's interesting how many mistakes he's made, and yet it hasn't fazed him from believing he's a good and competant CSI. I've never seen him question his abilities as a Crime Scene Investigator. :eek: If I was him, I would have run out of there screaming and crying by now. :p

As long as you're posting in a reasonable length of time, then things should be fine. ;) --- If you find yourself posting every couple of minutes, remember to slow down. Things don't have to run like wild fire in here, there's plenty of time to get your thoughts out.

Also, please remember to add some more content to your posts. One word responses could be seen as a means to boost your post count, and I'm sure you don't want your numbers sliced down for spamming. ;) (Though I understand at times it might be unintentional)

I agree with you Geni about him doubting his ability as a csi, especially after the time he froze when he should have shot that guy. Oh and the fact that he completely blamed his own self for being Nailed..I love saying that. He doesn't seem like he's lost faith in himself at all even though he does seem like he takes his mistakes hard. I think we would run out of fingers and toes counting up all the mistakes he's made over the years. You would think that would kind of get to him...

Hey I was wondering which episode was about something with Ryan and luminal on blood? what's that all about? Appearantly another one of Ryan's mistakes but which episode? Also Twiztid4Togo I luv your banner and icon!!!

OMG. How can I miss two pages in just a day? I've resad as much as I can but I've pretty much scan read it as there is so much. I have though loved the last few more substancial posts.

So what drew me to Ryan? The answer is I don't know. I remember him very little from Season three although I have re-visited each episode. What I do remember is a newbie trying way too hard to fit in and impress. His attitude left much to be desired but he must have grown on me.

Not too long into season four I really started to notice him. It was the looks either but the way the character was player. The interaction with Erica was great. A guy that wanted to say no but couldn't resist the pretty face and also maybe the chance to get himself noticed. That said I did begin to noticed the beefed up Ryan and the emotion he put into each and every case.

iluv_ryan I'm sure the episode you are talking about is season five but as I've not seen them yet I could be wrong.

I've never seen Ryan as a replacement for Speed (although I didn't see Speed much). It was more like the team was working really hard and needed some new blood.

iluv_ryan said:
Hey I was wondering which episode was about something with Ryan and luminal on blood? what's that all about? Appearantly another one of Ryan's mistakes but which episode?
I remember that episode. You guys should know this by now, Im horrible at episode names. :lol: I dont remember that episode's name but I do remember something like he accidently screwed up evidence but I dont think anything too
bad happened.
As for the rest of his mistakes, they are getting fewer as the episodes roll by.
And to reply to something Mod-Speed said..
Ryan really has made his own character, he isnt Speed's replacement anymore, I never looked at him as Speed's replacement but I know many people have. (I know Im just repeating you :lol:). In the beginning there was a lot of tension between the team IMO because they all missed Speed and they disliked Ryan for taking his place but now he is definatly their friends, they are a strong team and I know, I know, They will probably never fully get over Speed.
It was also cute when Natalia came and he had to help her. He was definatly a real CSI then, it was a little funny actually.

Okay I know I jumped around a lot. And it probably doesnt make sense, but try to read it as best as you can. :lol:

EDIT: Sorry I didnt mean to totally change the subject, I didnt see Ryansnuttytart post. :)

Re. iluv_ryan 's question - wasn't it the episode where Doyle, the cameraman, was following him around? I can't remember what it was called. Ryan was spraying luminol on a shirt, I think, and the blood didn't show up enough on the camera, so Doyle asked him to do it more, and the luminol ruined the DNA. :rolleyes: What was that episode called? It's S5 and all I've seen are odd clips, being an unfortunate Brit. :( I do know that they got the guy anyway, but the DNA was useless.

I might not have liked Ryan in the beginning (And some people here can probably testify to that ) but he's grown on me, and I appreciate him even moreso now.
Geni , you're a born-again Togoholic! :D Good for you! It just goes to show how intriguing his character is. And how good JT is at playing that character. Does his hotness have anything to do with your change of heart at all? :devil:

So I was wondering the other day what we would all do if Jonathan Togo were to come on this forum and start talking with us :eek:. lol. I think we would all faint and then he would be like **Uh, where'd everyone go?** LOL!!! :lol: :D :lol:

AliGtr said:
Re. iluv_ryan 's question - wasn't it the episode where Doyle, the cameraman, was following him around? I can't remember what it was called. Ryan was spraying luminol on a shirt, I think, and the blood didn't show up enough on the camera, so Doyle asked him to do it more, and the luminol ruined the DNA.
Oh yeah..That was the episode, thanks so much. Everyone was so mad and annoyed at him because they didnt want that Doyle guy in the lab in the first place. That was a horrible episode because poor Ryan got in trouble just for trying to help a guy for a report or something. Ryan was kind of air headed for that moment , he totally forgot about his CSI duties and just wanted to please the camera. Ryans got to learn!! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back