Ryan/Jon #30: 'Intensity is Sexy'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by addictedtoSpeed, May 10, 2011.

?

What should the thread title be?

Poll closed May 15, 2011.
  1. Ryan Wolfe,Man of Mystery

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  2. Remedy for Togo Fever

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Hero of Our Hearts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Intensity is Sexy

15 vote(s)
    55.6%
  5. The Miami Way

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. A Smile Brighter Than Diamonds

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  7. Takes a Lickin’ and Keeps on Tickin’

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiamiStyle

MiamiStyle Hit and Run

That's the only commentary he does? Really? :( *Sighs* Oh well. Now I have something else to send feedback for...

Yeah, I agree the tattoo doesn't really match Ryan's character. But regrettably I'll bet the writers/directors think the same thing, which I'm sure is responsible for our lack of shirtless Ryan on the show. :shifty:

(And sheesh. Why can't I have cool dreams like the rest of you? :drool:)

2. greatfan

greatfan Captain

There is makeup that can cover tattoos.I'm more inclined to think they just don't want to do it. I've always maintained there was a little bias going on when it came to the characters. I know there are some that say the writers can't be biased,but they have proven to me that that's not true.
    I'm still sending in feedback at least on a weekly basis,sometimes more often.

3. MiamiStyle

MiamiStyle Hit and Run

I have to agree with the bias part.
    I like to think I'm generally pretty good at keeping things in perspective. But no matter how hard I try to shake it, I always get the feeling that either the writers have something serious against Ryan, or that they just haven't taken the time to figure out what they want to do with his character. (And thus tend to treat him more like a backup plan or whipping-boy rather than the well loved main character that he is.)

4. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Same here, I really do think it's a little of both,the writers having something against him and they can't seem to figure out what they want.Instead of building on the character that was first introduced,the writers keep changing him a bit .We all remember he was smart,dedicated,eager to work and please and not afraid to stand his ground when he started. He seemed a little geeky,and of course he was also OCD,all great for good storylines and a good character.The writers started out so well with Ryan,but I could see a change by the end of his very first season. I have my own ideas why this was done,and yes he does seem to be treated like a whipping boy.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  5. MiamiStyle

MiamiStyle Hit and Run

I almost have to wonder if it has anything to do with how Jon was hired. I honestly don't know if they've done this with any of the other actors, but I know that at least when they hired Jonathan, they wrote Ryan's character specifically for him instead of giving him a character they'd already written for the show.
    Don't get me wrong, I think the whole thing is awesome. But it makes me wonder if that's one of the reasons he hasn't really 'settled' into the show yet. Because Ryan wasn't written 'for the show' so to speak. (Does that make sense?)

6. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I do understand what you are saying,but I still feel there is enough foundation for the writers to do more justice to the character than they have,there is enough there to build on.Perhaps the writers really need to sit down and brainstorm. They really need to come up with what they want of the character Ryan using what they have so far.Right now it almost feels like unfinished business.The show is going into it's 10 season,even if Ryan's character wasn't written originally for the show,the writers should have been able to build on what they had,they really should have been able to come up with something.It's not as if they haven't had the time to do so.In my opinion,it's just bad and lazy writing.

7. MiamiStyle

MiamiStyle Hit and Run

Absolutely. I'm not trying to make excuses for them, just trying to find a logical explanation to why things might have gotten to where they are now.
    No matter what the root of the problem is, the writers have no excuse for what they put Ryan through. They have an awesome character to work with, an amazing actor to play the part and every opportunity to bring out his full potential.
    *Sighs* I don't know. I've been re-watching the series and just find the whole thing extremely frustrating. It seems every time Ryan starts to settle in with the rest of the team they have to go and up-root him again for absolutely no reason at all. It's like they have writers-block and can't get past the fact that he's the replacement. I am soo sick of watching a character with so much potential run around in circles while everyone else gets the attention.

Maybe I'm just trying to find a logical explanation where there isn't one.

8. greatfan

greatfan Captain

That is the most frustrating part,there is no logical explanation at all.

9. MiamiStyle

MiamiStyle Hit and Run

I think Ryan needs some shiny new script writers. :shifty:

10. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Some new writers would be nice,if not ,at least some writers that would remember what his charcter was like when he started.

11. MiamiStyle

MiamiStyle Hit and Run

Yeah. They didn't do too bad with Ryan's character this last season though. Hopefully they'll keep it up in season ten but give him a little more screen-time. (By 'little', I really mean lots.)

12. greatfan

greatfan Captain

This last season wasn't bad character wise despite him not really having his own story ,he did have some good scenes though. We want the same things next season,including a little more(I mean lots too)screentime.
    I was going to go to bed at a decent time because I work tomorrow A.M.,but I had to watcg Miami for Ryan even though I've seen the episode before.

13. MiamiStyle

MiamiStyle Hit and Run

Sounds like something to send in feedback for!

Ahh shucks. Bed... I forgot about that. Have fun with the episode greatfan! (Which one is it btw?)

14. greatfan

greatfan Captain

It's the "Happy Birthday" episode.

15. MiamiStyle

MiamiStyle Hit and Run

Ahhh... wish I could remember more of that episode.

(Okays. I'm really going to bed this time. See ya tomorrow!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.