Ryan/Jon #26 - 'We Want More Ryan'!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by addictedtoSpeed, Jan 28, 2010.

?

What should the title be for the new thread?

Poll closed Feb 1, 2010.
  1. Togo Where No Thread Has Gone Before

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  2. TNT Togo

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. Wolfe's Gang

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  4. Fellowship of the Fishy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  6. We want more Ryan!

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Re: Ryan/Jon #26

I agree, Jon was absolutely adorable and hot in this episode! My heart breaks that we can't see him more. Does anyone know if this website is read by TBTB? Does not 26 threads count for anything? This is the highest amount of threads posted by any fans except George Eads. Jon is also the second male lead on the show. What does it take for this man to get noticed?

2. slower

slower Lab Technician

I have been asking the same question. Sometimes I think we need to start our own petition to get Jon more screentime. :) He has great comedic and dramatic talent, that is so underused and underated.

3. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I'd be all for that. I don't get it either. As I stated in the "In the Wind.." thread, tptb don't treat its long term actors very well.

4. Yoshi

Yoshi Basement Moderator Moderator

I've recently been going through seasons 3, 4 and 5 again - actually I'm nearly through 6 now as well :alienblush:, and I have to say Wolfe seemed to get a lot more screen time in the earlier years.

There seems to be little character development/story arc for quite a few people this season, apart from the obvious ones already mentioned, which is a shame as I've thought the season so far to be pretty good on the whole. We're just over half way through, and the screen time is pretty shabby for a main character.

5. Dranira

Dranira Victim

I have to agree with you, Yoshi. I watched the latest episode today and even though he did look absolutely gorgeous in the (very few) scenes he had I felt disappointed, even though the episode was very good overall.
    What's with the little screen time?? I don't get it. I'm all for a petition of some sort, I'll sign anything if it will give Jon/Ryan a little more screen time.
    I have to say though that I'm getting kind of tired of Jesse's character. I don't know, the guy just feels so... superfluous. Maybe I'm the only one who feels like this, but I really think we only need one superhuman on the show, and Horatio is the only man for that job. And he's good at it :D
    I wouldn't exactly be sorry if they scrapped Jesse's character, truth to be told I almost hope that they do, but I hope Walter gets to stick around :) And more Jon/Ryan please!!! ;)

6. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I've asked this before,but when will our thread get it's new title?

I think most of us were disappointed in the amt. of time Ryan appeared on screen,it's getting irritating.

7. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^ Well, the poll is closed now, so I thought we would have the title name in by now?
    It is 'we want more Ryan.' with the most votes, which is quite fitting considering the current discussion!

I havent watched the last epi yet, but in general season terms, I agree with you, Yoshi- Ryan's screentime has dwindled noticably since s3 and 4. And I cant understand why, because Jon is fantastic!

8. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

Dranira, you're not the only one who feels this way. I've been trying to find a word to describe how I've been feeling about Jesse's character, and you hit on the perfect one. :thumbsup: I'm neither for or against Eddie C. as an actor, and I was willing to give him and the Jesse character a chance at first. But it's already been over half a season since Eddie joined the CSIM cast, and I STILL don't care about Jesse. I don't like or dislike him, I just feel like he's not an integral part of the show at all.:shifty: In other words, "superfluous."

I do love me some Ryan, and I can't help but fantasize about Jesse/Eddie being gone so Mr. Wolfe and his wry humor can get some more screen time.

9. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Ok Wolfe Pack, I finally got to watch the new episode and it was good but like all of you I think there wasn't enough Ryan. It's ridiculous the amount of screentime Jesse gets when he's new and Ryan has been there for years! At least they stopped "dumbing him down" it seems. He did look hot! I'll try and get the caps up tonight, not that I expect many cause of the lack of screentime but you know I will still do them and I can :drool: over him while I do it!

10. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

Boy does that word fit. He is excessive and unnecessary and they are spending more time on him than necessary. I feel the same way you both do as well. He is just too much. And Ryan/Jon's screentime is suffering for it.

Me too. And yes I agree Dranira, keep Walter.

Thanks Kristine. You know how to make us feel better:thumbsup:

11. TanyaWolfe

TanyaWolfe Rookie

ALRIGHT!!! Ditto to everything that was said... WE NEED MORE RYAN!!!!! Jesse should move back to where he came from.

AND by the way, I started a group on Facebook called "We want Jesse Cardoza off Miami"... if you want to join!!! lol I really dislike him...

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I actually like Jesse he's my second favorite, next to Ryan of course. But I wish they'd focus more on developing a friendship between Ryan and Jesse and less on Jesse's past. :lol: I find Jesse's past storyline a little bit of a yawn fest to be honest. :lol: But I do like the character and the actor... I just hate that Ryan's screentime has suffered because of it.

13. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I dont dislike Jesse. And for the first few episodes he was in I really liked the character. But then he seems to have gotten too much screentime. Another problem, as someone wrote above is that he is superfluous. TPTB have made him too much like H, and he doesnt really seem part of the team. I liked his and Ryan's friendship at the beginning, but then they seemed to make Ryan dumb, so that they could have Jesse as the know-it-all, which annoyed me.
    But truthfully Ryan's lack of screentime was happening well before Jesse came. I had kinda hoped it would have improved this season, but with Jesse coming along that has been scuppered.

14. Dranira

Dranira Victim

It's not that I hate Jesse's character, I just think I would have liked him more if he had just been introduced as a... "normal" character - and if he wasn't the hero/know-it-all of the show. And as Solitaire wrote, I too did like his and Ryan's friendship at the beginning, but then it just went in the wrong direction I think. I don't know... I just want to see more, lots more, of Ryan. I actually though when Adam/Eric left that Jon/Ryan would get a lot more screen time, it was something I was looking forward to, but no. Ah well... I'll just keep watching and hope for more Ryan in the future :)

15. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

I like Jesse.... I always have, but I do NOT like him taking over. I actually think Walter is more interesting than Jesse. I love to watch Walter! Given the choice, I'd keep Walter over Jesse any day... but as I said in another post, I'd give up anyone to see more RYAN. This is just crazy! I was hoping since Adam left, Jon's would be the character they developed this season. O well. Maybe next (yeah right, *LAUGHS*:guffaw:) I just hope if Adam returns, they don't like.. axe Ryan all together, because that would SUCK. I don't know... I just wish instead of 'hero' Jesse', they'd let him be more of an equal to the team. And in turn, they'd show a nice friendship between he, Walter, and Ryan. But, here again, they dumbed Ryan down, JUST to make Jesse look good. Insane!!! :shifty::scream: So that being said, I do like Jesse but not as much as I could have and did in the first.....

Either way. I want more RYAN, period. :drool::drool::drool: It's a MUST and yes... it shall happen. I just KNOW it! :thumbsup: (*fingers crossed*)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.