• Ryan/Jon #19: All in the accent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ryan/Jon #19: Waiting for the comeback of the Purple tee

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was watching Chain Reaction last night, and I want to know, since when did Ryan become the av guy?! Its the epi the week after he got reinstated and all of a sudden he is a wizz on the new computer system? At least I got to see him in a lab coat again, I dont think I could have taken many more weeks of him being off the team!
It was a bit disappointing that his gambling and rehiring weren't discussed by the team, even in passing- do you think it will ever be mentioned again?

It was a bit disappointing that his gambling and rehiring weren't discussed by the team, even in passing- do you think it will ever be mentioned again?

You would think it would be mentioned.People need some type of help to stop gambling.Therapy or counseling should have at least been bought up. If it's ever needed for a story line it will probably be mentioned then.

Last edited:

You would think it would be mentioned.People need some type of help to stop gambling,therapy or counseling. If it's ever needed for a story line it will probably be up then.

I wouldn't count on that. Consistency is not exactly the writers' strongest suit on this show. There are a couple of story lines that never got picked up again. (just reminds me, what happened to that "unexplained" money Ryan had on his account that Stetler asked him about at the end of season 5?!? Never was explained on the show:confused:)
But you're both so right, one would expect other team members to discuss this.

I have been through some of the later eps of season 6 now, is it just me, or does Ryan/Jonathan seem less enthusiastic?!? Not only is he sooooooo serious all the time, he seems kind of "going through the motions" only...know what I mean? I soooo miss the Ryan from earlier seasons, his passion and committment to his work, his inter-acting with the rest of the team ....Maybe I'm just getting paranoid (I hope)...Hopefully this does not mean that Jon's getting fed up with the show and thinking of leaving :( ..scary thought!!! (but as I've not found any such rumor on the internet so far, I don't really think that's the case)

It's really, really about high time they give him something more to do. Keep our boy happy and us lots of nice Ryan moments to drool over ;)

Last edited:
Too true, they never follow anything through. Which is a shame, you think if they were going to bring up the whole gambling story they would do something interesting with it.
I second the motion to give us lots of Ryan moments, it would keep us all happy!

You would think it would be mentioned.People need some type of help to stop gambling,therapy or counseling. If it's ever needed for a story line it will probably be up then.

I wouldn't count on that. Consistency is not exactly the writers' strongest suit on this show. There are a couple of story lines that never got picked up again. (just reminds me, what happened to that "unexplained" money Ryan had on his account that Stetler asked him about at the end of season 5?!? Never was explained on the show:confused:)
But you're both so right, one would expect other team members to discuss this.

I have been through some of the later eps of season 6 now, is it just me, or does Ryan/Jonathan seem less enthusiastic?!? Not only is he sooooooo serious all the time, he seems kind of "going through the motions" only...know what I mean? I soooo miss the Ryan from earlier seasons, his passion and committment to his work, his inter-acting with the rest of the team ....Maybe I'm just getting paranoid (I hope)...Hopefully this does not mean that Jon's getting fed up with the show and thinking of leaving :( ..scary thought!!! (but as I've not found any such rumor on the internet so far, I don't really think that's the case)

It's really, really about high time they give him something more to do. Keep our boy happy and us lots of nice Ryan moments to drool over ;)

I really don't think he's less enthusiastic about the show... The character has become darker this season, one of the reasons being the firing. (hopefully they'll come up with better reasons! Angst! haha!)

He's always been kinda detached from the team. :(

But I highly doubt he's leaving the show. If you want to see some major enthusiasm, look at the first minute of the season 7 premiere. All I have to say is WOW!

Edit: BWAHA! I think this topic has more threads than any other!!! :) Awesome!
So why have we barely seen Togo this season if everyone obviously likes him? :(

TAKE A HINT TPTB!!!!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the caps CSI Kat, I love that white jacket.
I havent watched the s7 promo yet, Im not allowed to watch video stuff at work (although technically Im not allowed on the internet now!) Its annoying that I wont see the new series for another year, you lot will have to tell me all about it. I'll give you lots of cookies :)

I really don't think he's less enthusiastic about the show... The character has become darker this season, one of the reasons being the firing. (hopefully they'll come up with better reasons! Angst! haha!)

Edit: BWAHA! I think this topic has more threads than any other!!! :) Awesome!
So why have we barely seen Togo this season if everyone obviously likes him? :(

TAKE A HINT TPTB!!!!!

You're right, it was just after I had watched Ambush last night and he seemed a bit "pre-occupied" in this ep, hence the "less enthusiastic" feeling I picked up from him. But maybe that's already the build up for his "under cover work" towards the end of season 6 (still thinking he's helping out H ;))!

And thanks for putting my mind at ease about this. I also doubt Jon will want to leave the show. So far he's always stated how happy he is to be on the show.

And I soooo agree with you, TPTB schould defenitely take notice how many fans Jon has and give Ryan some more screen time!!! Can't wait for season 7. The promo and clip from resurrection was totally awesome!!!!

You're right, it was just after I had watched Ambush last night and he seemed a bit "pre-occupied" in this ep, hence the "less enthusiastic" feeling I picked up from him. But maybe that's already the build up for his "under cover work" towards the end of season 6 (still thinking he's helping out H ;))!

Build up to undercover work- You're optimistic! I would like to think that's what has been going on, but with Miami :wtf:
It would make sense if they built a storyline around it, as though H and Ryan had been planning something all along. But I wont hold my breath!!

I was watching Chain Reaction last night, and I want to know, since when did Ryan become the av guy?! Its the epi the week after he got reinstated and all of a sudden he is a wizz on the new computer system? At least I got to see him in a lab coat again, I dont think I could have taken many more weeks of him being off the team!
Well trust me TPTB don't know the word conitnuity. They never used it w/ any character.
But yeah I totally agree w/ you.
He was fired because of gambling (it's a bad illness..'cause yeah it's an illness) & he was never treated for it. I mean no therapist was used for him & no one helped him.
Also the fact he's always isolated by the team. I mean it's pretty impossible to deny this fact. He's always excluded by his co-workers especially Calleigh & Eric. Yeah it was pretty understandable when he arrived in the team but now things are slightly different.
Although Eric hates Ryan, I think it's pretty disgusting the fact he still hates him & considers him as the first suspect for H's death. I mean they're collegues & they know eachothers
Ryan was alwyas isolated & nobody helped him especially during his gambling period...I mean in "Burned" when Natalia asked where Ryan was Calleigh was like "whatever", Eirc maybe doesn't know he was fired:lol:, Natalia well she helped him but they never talked about the gambling stuff, although I think it would have been interesting to face this topic.

As for "Ambush" Ryan was just concerned about Calleigh which was good but still they didn't developed it very well especially at the end of the episodes.

Maybe this new kind of development (the darker side of him) will be good for his character but I still think this will isolate him from the team more than ever.

Anyway here's a pic to brighten the day
Smile

Build up to undercover work- You're optimistic! I would like to think that's what has been going on, but with Miami :wtf:
It would make sense if they built a storyline around it, as though H and Ryan had been planning something all along. But I wont hold my breath!!

LOL....trying to be optimistic here :) But I know what you mean. Meanwhile I'm desperate enough, I take ANY character development as long as I get to see Ryan at all (even if they turn him into a bad boy....which in the long run, I still hope they WON'T!!!!)...speaking of Ryan deprevation...he really wasn't much in season 6, so hopefully he will get more/better story lines in season 7. He's by far the most interesting character on the show. (AND the hottest guy on CSI :drool:)

Maybe this new kind of development (the darker side of him) will be good for his character but I still think this will isolate him from the team more than ever.

Anyway here's a pic to brighten the day
Smile

Thanks for the pic!!! :drool: He's gorgeous in this one. I love his smile! That did indeed brighten my day (and I really should not take a peak at Ryan shots during work :lol:).

I agree with you regarding his further isolation from the team. Which is a shame really. I would hate though if it turned out that Eric and Ryan end up hating each other:(. We'll see.

Thanks for the picture Florry!
I agree, with something like gambling there needs to be some discussion, shouldnt Horatio as his supervisor have talked through his problems, or advised him to go to a help group or something? Its a shame because they could have done so much more with the story, and given Ryan more screentime in the process!
He does seem isolated from the team, and I dont think the upcoming story will help any. Hopefully there will be a story next season that clears most of the tension, and Ryan can be a hero for a change. I think he has lost the respect of his colleagues, if he had it to start with, and that needs addressing.
Lausi_GM, I am going to try and be optimistic for the next season, but it is hard :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back