Ryan/Jon # 18: Why can't we cap our dreams?

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by starzsgirl, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Thanks

I think I just need some practice. I seem to have problems when I just want part of the quote.

2. LostInEvidence

LostInEvidence Hit and Run

Yes! Did Ryan actually HAVE a relative that was a CSI or something of the sort? (That in itself is a shock because who knew he actually had family..) I have always wondered about it since that episode. Maybe Horatio worked with someone who was related to Ryan, or maybe Horatio is.. (Whoa.) :p

--Ally

3. inge

inge CSI Level Two

yep, it was Sex and Taxes.
    This was the first episode where Ryan did something stupid. meh. :rolleyes:

I so agree with you. The guys here made fun that Horatio didn't work in the lab very often. Now it's Ryan who barely wears a labcoat. :rolleyes:
    He only went from one to another and his character was only used to keep the viewers informed about the developments.
    Like everyone here said, his character has so much potential.

I also think that the conversation between Horatio and Ryan in 'Sunblock' was a foreshadow.
    I don't think that Ryan is the bad guy. Once and for all the learned his lesson this season.

The 'in his blood' repeat surprised me. I thought the writers forgot about it.
    The theory with a relative who is/was a cop or a CSI would be very interesting.

:lol: I have to admit, I like the fanfics with this storyline. :p

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Does anyone have any screencaps of him from Special Unit 2?

Also, about the quote thing: If you can't get it to work by clicking the quote button (which I never do cause I don't always want to quote the whole comment), you could always just highlight, copy and paste the part you want to quote (paste it in the post window I mean) and then at the front of the comment (before the first letter of the first word) put a bracket like this [ and then type QUOTE and then this bracket ] and at the end of the part you want to quote put the [ bracket again and then a slash like this / and then type QUOTE again and then this bracket ]. I hope that helps. It's kind of the longer way to do it, but its the way I've always done it. It's just easier for me cause that way I don't have to erase the part of the comment that I don't want to quote. :lol:

5. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

I am pretty sure Twztid4Togo has a lot of them!

I have just a few

6. greatfan

greatfan Captain

That work's for me,thanks

7. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

:lol: Please don't give tptb anymore ideas! Before we know it H will be related to the whole team, either by blood or law! Ryan doesn't have any sisters does he? :p

I always thought the phrase H used about "in his blood" was to tell that Ryan was made to be a CSI, that it's in his blood, he can't run from it. Not that he had a relative who ws a poilce officer and it ran in the family.

8. GregNickRyanFan

Thanks for the caps, CSI_Kat. I love them... especially the last one since it also has Michael Landes in it. :)

You're welcome, greatfan. Glad I could help. :)

He mentioned a niece one time, but we don't know if its from a brother or sister. :lol:

I thought that Frank (I think it was Frank) mentioned Ryan's dad or someone in his family being a cop when he first introduced H to Ryan and said he'd be a good addition to the team after Speed's death (in Ry's first ep), but I could be mistaken.

9. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I know someone already gave some screenshots to you, but this is for everyone else too (probably already been posted somewhere, meh): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzYhfcqyTaY

Crappy quality, but at least it's there. He's so funny, I wish Ryan was more like that! :lol:

10. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

Did I hear someone mention SU2? *insert crying here* I wish they were still making that show! Jon was so adorkable.

Oh wow. I never looked at it that way. Thats definitely another meaning to consider. I like that better because I've already imagined Ryan being sort of like an outcast when he was younger and just loved all the techy/crime/dna stuff, so he mostly just kept to himself and became a cop when he got older..then obviously, a CSI.

11. katelynn

katelynn Lab Technician

I totally agree.
    Theres not much more I can add or bring up...

12. GregNickRyanFan

Okay, I feel kind of stupid now. :lol: I was trying to remember his character's name on SU2 and then I watch those clips and it's Jonathan. I should have remembered that it was the same as his real name. :lol: I loved seeing those clips again (even though I think I have all or most of the SU2 eps on tape somewhere). Jonathan and Michael were hilarious. I loved Michael's line about not being able to think straight cause the DJ just played Vanilla Ice. :lol: I wish they'd put this show out on DVD. I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Thanks for the link to that vid. I found another vid through it that cracked me up... one of the Miami cast doing Horatio impersonations. Jonathan's was hysterical. Horatio Caine with allergies. :guffaw: Rex was funny cause he almost poked himself with the sunglasses. :lol:

13. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

I caught myself doing that for second too. I was like "What WAS his character's name!?" Its just been so long since I've seen SU2 :( I really wish they would put it on DVD too.

So, I was watching the Miami marathon for a little bit yesterday and I realized...I really love Ryan's look in Season 5! I think its his best from all the seasons. He had some t-shirt/long sleeved things and some dress shirts but they were usually opened a few buttons. Hehe :eek: Also, I liked his hair a lot in season 5 too. It was a happy medium between looking cute/innocent and looking too formal/sometimes really funky.

This outfit is love
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 28, 2008
  14. GregNickRyanFan

Oooh, that red looks hot on him. :drool:

15. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Actually I like season 6 Ryan best. Especially the hair.

I don't know if you guys read the s7 spoiler thread?

So alot of people going dark. Ryan maybe too. I really hate if that happened. Corey Miller said he may be playing both sides to get ahead?

What do you guys think?
    I'll be totally upset if Ryan betrayed the team or something. It's out of character and he has no need or reason to. We know he's ambitious and I'm afriad he might justify his actions by thinking it'll give hima career boost, although I don't see how. I got upset when I read that spoiler.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.