Ryan/Jon # 18: Why can't we cap our dreams?

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by starzsgirl, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

I am really hopeful that the ending with Ryan meant that he's going to be involved in something big next season. This season he barely did anything case wise. I mean for how many eps he wasn't even a csi, bleh. Then even when he got reinstated he seemed to be just a dust monkey not doing much on the cases but standing around watching others work. I hope this brings him out in front with something huge to deal with.

I don't think Ryan was in on H getting shot as a bad guy. I believe it was staged and he was in on it with H. BUt I wouldn't put it past TPTB to take him out as a bad guy. They did it with Cooper and even Alex leaving wasn't so wonderful. She left for her family because her son was falling into a bad situation. Plus she didn't exactly follow the rules of work....

Thanks to everyone that answered my q's. It wasn't meant to depress anyone, it was just a q's on everyone's thoughts. I don't know if Togo is renewing his contract or has already done so. I know he is busy with other projects right now so who knows what they will lead to.

Oh yeah KT, I love Dexter. He's my fav serial killer :devil: The show is awesome, who'd think you would like a serial killer and be rooting for him!

2. greatfan

greatfan Captain

What kinds of projects is Jonathan working on?

3. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

^Please don't tell me Jon's leaving the show!!?!

4. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I certainly hope he isn't leaving--though I have a sneaking suspicion he'll be around for a while. We don't need to lose any more characters, please, thanks, cherries on top. :)

I'm also curious to know what projects Jon's working on lately.

Agreed. I'm not sure why he's been put on the sidelines lately and hopefully next season he'll be in the forefront. I'm not thinking he has anything sinister to do with what happened in the finale but that would be a nice twist and some great development for Ryan, albeit making him the bad guy yet again. Maybe he'll have a chance to shine and be the good guy for once, saving the day?

5. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

^Lovely David Cook icon speed_cochrane.

I just feel uneasy cos there was this other rumour on the thread that someone else was leaving and I certainly hope it's not Ryan. Please!!!!

That would be awesome to see. I hope it happens.

6. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

I really doubt Jon is leaving the show. Especially with a storyline like this, he has to be around atleast another season (if the plot turns out to be what we want!)
    Maybe that was back when Alexx was leaving? Or its just a rumor that someone makes up. Cant always believe 'em!

Geni- (something weird happened when I tried to quote you)
    I see what your saying, more screentime/bigger storylines while being a bad guy is better then little screentime/little storylines while being normal :lol: I disagree though. I would rather have Jon have little screentime if it meant he was still a good guy. Im just really over TPTB making him a screw up/now potentially bad guy.

7. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

He's doing something w/ justin long and another old pal from college. I don't think they are huge things that will take up his time to where he'll have to quit csim, but he is doing other things and has connections!

8. LostInEvidence

LostInEvidence Hit and Run

It's possible that the reason Jon wasn't really in this season was BECAUSE he was so busy. Maybe he finished what he needed to do and the writers decided to welcome him back with a banging storyline. :p

Those rumors about someone else leaving were a VERY long time ago. The two people leaving were Khandi Alexander and Brendon Fehr (I could NEVER spell his name, even when he was on Roswell). So, as far as I know and have heard, Jon is sticking around 'till the end. :)

--Ally

9. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

^Well that's a relief.

10. Finch

Maybe the writers can find a happy medium between the two. Big storylines, good guy character. :D Surely it shouldn't be a far reach but nowadays with the writers...

It's just such a shame to underutilize a character that has so much potential and has been evolving (I assume) since season three. He must be having thoughts on how the team regards him after the debacle last season/this season. He's hardly flatter than a pancake--I want to see him, not just his form standing there each week, if that makes sense.

^^ Thanks re my avatar, Hrockz. :)

11. LostInEvidence

Agreed. Especially because Ryan is probably the most mysterious character on the show now. We know so little about him (maybe the writers want it that way?) it would be nice to see him get some storyline's in Season 7. Whenever I think of a good arc for Ryan, the first thing that comes to mind is H's line in "Death Eminent" (Season 5) after Horatio convinces the officer to drop the complaint: "Mr. Wolfe, I may not be able to help you next time." I can't help but think that was foreshadowing something..

I think it would be very interesting to see how the team accepts Ryan after everything that happened. I mean, they never focused on his return and how people felt about it, so that would be something I'd like to see!

I'm sure we'll see alot more of Ryan in this coming year. If they can focus on him next season as much as they did on Calleigh and Eric this season, then I think he'll have it made. (In terms of seeing him alot more, I mean.) :p

--Ally

12. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Yes I totally agree. When we were introduced to Ryan in 'Under The Influence' he seemed to have so much potential and was so driven. He may have started off on the wrong foot by seeming to claim that the evidence was found by him (I can't rememebr the epy, the one where Eric found the gun but Ryan brought it to H) but it could be attributed to his need for success. If he made mistakes it was because he tried so hard to be the best, but now he's just making mistakes ie gambling.

IMO It was a foreshadowing, and I thought it already happened, when Ryan got fired cos of gambling.

I thought he had OCD, tptb never expanded on that. I'd love to see what his house looks like. :lol:

13. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Whenever I think of a good arc for Ryan, the first thing that comes to mind is H's line in "Death Eminent" (Season 5) after Horatio convinces the officer to drop the complaint: "Mr. Wolfe, I may not be able to help you next time." I can't help but think that was foreshadowing something..

I see this as a forewarning of Wolfe being fired for gambling also.What might be a forewaring of the finale is Wolfe telling H he won't forget he went to bat for him.It may be a big reason for H possibly turning to Wolfe.I also think that H see's a lot of potential in Wolfe.

PS- for some reason I can't always get the quote thing down.

14. LostInEvidence

Haha, that's exactly what I was thinking. There had to be a huge reason why H turned to Ryan in the first place, any my guess is that's why. :p

And for the "quote thing", just click "Quote" in the bottom of the comment that you want to repeat. It''ll give you the code and everything. Then you can alter it to what you want to specifically copy. :)

--Ally

15. Finch

^ A lot of people have been having problems with the quoting system. Although it's the same as UBB so it confuzzles me. :lol:

I believe that episode was 'Sex and Taxes'? Could be wrong but that was the first one that came to mind.

He does seem to have the need for success but also the need to please his superiors and ultimately prove that he can be at the same level. I definitely think he's capable of solving the entire case on his own and maybe he feels this way now.

What I want continuity on is when Horatio said that 'it's in his blood'. What the ef did that mean? It's been brought up here before but next season (and y'know, any season before) would be a great place to bring it up again.

ETA: weird...this post was supposed to be further down but ended up all the way further up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.