Rock/Alternative music

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by lilbug, May 20, 2005.

1. SandleDL

SandleDL CSI Level One

Oh Bullet for my Valentine are awesome! Love their music, one of my fave songs is "Curses", I even made a CSI vid with that song.
    What about My Chemical Romance?
    My problem is that, when I'm in the disco (I always go to the same, they play punk rock/ alternative/ metal etc. there on Fridays) I hear songs but I don't know the name, I hate that.

2. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I'm a big fan of a band called Cowboy Mouth. Here is a link to thewebsite. They are a mix of punk, cajun, rock, and pop and are awesome to listen to but are much more fun live. There is a song where the crowd throws red spoons at the band and there was one wher we threw tootsie rolls but that guys is no longer in the band. Check them out and if they are live around your area, you won't regret going to see the show!

3. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

*bumps* So, since I have no life I was just searching stuff and I found this thread. I think I could live here. :p *jumps on couch*

Aw I love Death Cab! :D I swear I could fall asleep to them. They calm me down... Is that weird?

Anyone here like Dashboard Confessional or Paramore? Paramore is actually awesome. Hayley's voice is so freaking gorgeous. She's AMAZING acoustic, too. :eek:

I watched MSI, Taking Back Sunday, MCR and Linkin Park live on myspace at Projekt Revolution lastnight. Well not really MSI but yeah. I loved TBS! They were great. :)

4. SandleDL

SandleDL CSI Level One

I definitely like Dashboard Confessional! I can't listen to them all day but some of their songs are just awesome! My favorite songs are "Hands Down" and "Rapid Hope Loss".
    Did you like the newest Linkin Park album? I must say that I was a bit disappointed - I really love "Leave out all the rest" and "What I've done", but the rest isn't as great as I had expected. I liked their last albums much better (all but this one on which the re-mixed their songs, I forgot the name).

5. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

I love Hands Down, For You To Notice, Vindicated and Stolen the best from Dashboard.

I love The Spill Canvas too. I only have a few of their songs but I really like them so far. :)

I didn't think LP was as great as I expected. I do like What I've Done and a few others, though. But I was slightly dissapointed.

6. ericloca

ericloca Lab Technician

I just saw this thread about my fav type of music ! *slaps herself* . My fav rock band is Kamelot . I love all their songs , especially The haunting , The March of Mephisto , The Mourning after and Forever . Wonderful music , even though they are not all that famous . Anyone heard of them ?

7. SpeedleCSIMiami

SpeedleCSIMiami CSI Level One

I am right now addicted to the band Blaqk Audio.
    Their myspace link is: Blaqk Audio myspace
    They are considered club/electronica and they just released there first CD on August 14th. I have yet to remove it from my CD player. There are only 2 band members in this band and they are Davey Havok and Jade Puget from AFI.

Go Check them out! They are fabulous!

8. that_girl1

that_girl1 Coroner

I love Paramore and their lead singer is awesome and she's only sixteen!! But TBS is really awesome and I dunno if anyone has heard Cute is What We Aim For and also Three Days Grace is a great band too. And Panic! At the Disco is great too. There's more bands but that's all for now.

9. _Hush_

_Hush_ Winchester Inc.

Has anyone ever heard of Deus? I'm a huge fan, especially of their new album Pocket Revolution. I've seen them performing live about 4 times now, and everytime I got this huge kick out of it.
    Other favourite bands: Ghinzu, Muse, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Editors, Evil Superstars,...

10. ericloca

ericloca Lab Technician

Yeah , Hush , I listened a couple of song from Deus . My fav is Instant street , even if it's pretty old . Is wonderful .

11. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Lostprophets Win Kerrang! Award

Lostprophets were named the Best British Band of the year at the Kerrang! awards, held in London last night.

The Welsh rockers, who are currently in the States working on their fourth album, won the award for the second year running.

The band beat fellow Welshmen Funeral For A Friend who failed to walk away with any awards despite being up for Best British Band and Best Single.

http://ultimate-guitar.com

12. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

I love Cute Is What We Aim For, P!atd and Three Days Grace (woot Canadians). :D

I'm a sucker for Fueled By Ramen bands. :rolleyes:

Aw, I'm happy for Lostprophets! I love them. :D

13. that_girl1

that_girl1 Coroner

Ah! I know FBR bands are like so addicting. I listen to most of them.

14. GunsNRoses259

GunsNRoses259 CSI Level One

I love Atreyu and Three Days Grace, and I love classic rock , which is too many bands to list.

15. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Anyone know Marianas Trench? They're not that big and they're Canadian so I don't know if many people know them. They rock, though.

The Spill Canvas are awesome, too.