Riley/Lauren Lee Smith

I really don't understand why people didn't like Riley when she first hopped aboard.
I mean, I know the team was dealing with a lot of loss (some or most of which, fans felt as well)
But, do you think Riley honestly wanted to come into a team that was so -at the time- bruised?
Well, I'm just glad that people are starting to come around. I foresee many more enjoyable moments with Ms. Adams.
I personally have liked her from the first second. She was something fresh that I think the show needed.
You dig what I'm trying to say?
:) :D

I agree 100%. I think part of the reason people didn't like her at first was because she was another person who could potentially take up screentime from other fan favorites. I could be wrong, but I think she was also a reminder of the permanence of other cast changes. I would guess that a lot of people didn't like her because she is basically Sara's permanent replacement. From what I've heard, it sounds like a lot of people are warming to her because she's gotten relatively limited screentime (I'd guess slightly less screentime than Nick and Greg) so viewers have gotten the chance to gradually get to know and like her. On this board (and probably elsewhere), I get the feeling that a lot of people like her just because there's such a noticable difference between the screentime and general attention paid her versus that paid Ray.

I'm with you guys:) I really like Riley and didn't take me a long time to like her. For me she's a way much better addiction than Ray, she came to the team in more natural way. Riley wanted to be in the team but still being the same person - I hope you know what I mean. She didn't change herself when she came to be a part of LV CSIs. I hope it makes any sense, lol.

three photos from her wedding!!!

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Aww, she looked lovely! Thank you for these pics:D

Happyharper13
, thanks for the Lauren update:D

Does anyone know what the tattoo on her back says? Looks like a word, but I've never seen a bigger picture of it, so unfortunately I can't read it.

I think she was the perfect choice for the show, I love her. Here in Germany we just got to see the first few episodes with her and I think she is gorgeous. I dare say, I like her best of all the female characters on the show!

I think she was the perfect choice for the show, I love her. Here in Germany we just got to see the first few episodes with her and I think she is gorgeous. I dare say, I like her best of all the female characters on the show!

Oh, cool! That's quite a statement! I didn't quite realize the gap in showing between countries, but I'm glad you guys are getting to see her now. Which episode just showed there?

Don't know if this really constitues as a spoiler anymore since its on the side of the page, but just putting it in spoiler bar just in case.

I am so upset with tptb's decision to scrap the Riley character. She was never the problem. The problem was that they do not know how to write for all of their characters. They should have addressed that issue before bringing in someone new.

I will miss Riley. She had potential to be a great character (if the writers hadn't abandonded her). I will miss most her interactions with Greg.

Any actor/actress that leaves is not considered a spoiler, how they go out, basically anything pertaining to the storyline, arc's, etc would be a spoiler. ;)

Wow, I sort of liked her! Man, that seems a little premature. Hmmm. I hope the real reason they did this wasn't so that they could afford to bring Jorja back for a few episodes- that seems like a bad call, in my opinion. I mean, I like Sara and all but come on- Jorja obviously left for a reason.

Anyway, I will miss her.

AHHHH!!! Say it isn't so. I love Lauren Lee Smith. I love her character Riley. UGH!!! Miami has already lost me as a fan, NY is walking a thin line between keeping and losing me as a fan. Now this. Vegas CSI is now on that same thin line with NY. At the rate these CSI shows are going, I'm not gonna be fan of any of them by the end of the 2009-2010 tv season in May 2010. ARGH!!!
Now excuse me while I go cuss and kick stuff.
Oh...one more thing before "I go cuss and kick stuff." I love your signature BabaOReilly.

Last edited:
I'm so sad to Lauren go. She rocked.

But I'm 100 per cent sure, she will land on her feet. She's a very talented, young actress.

I thought she did a nice job in her role and I wish her all the best!

It's not her fault, IMHO, that the writers hadn't sufficiently established her character for her. However, in *their* defense, I think they were thrown too many changes to deal with simultaneously.

She was a shortlived but fascinating character i think. I don't know very well Lauren Lee Smith but i like Riley alot. She had a good potential to develop and i was ready to know more about her in the new season. I hope Lauren Lee finds her way and becomes more more successful in her career.

Well I for one am glad she's gone. Nothing against Lauren but I never liked Riley's character. Her attitude IMO just didn't mesh well with the rest of the team.

Um... what attitude? The writers didn't develop her enough to give her any kind of attitude. :lol:

She fit in perfectly in my opinion. She had so much chemistry with Greg and it pisses me off that they got rid of her. Personally, I'd even go as far as to say that Riley was my favorite female CSI (on any of the CSI shows).

I agree 100%. Riley was probably tied with Catherine for top female CSI in my book. Honestly, I think I like her more than Cath, even though she only had a season. She had spunk and girl power and a wicked sense of humor, and it was so refreshing to see a female CSI that didn't need a man in her life. Riley exuded girl power and, in general, a lot of personality for the few scenes she was given.

Back