Riley/Lauren Lee Smith

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by happyharper13, Oct 26, 2008.

1. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

I agree with what you're saying. I think, however, that part of the reason they're giving her less screentime is so that viewers don't start to adamantly dislike her. It definitely seems, based on S9 episode discussions, that people have been getting rather frustrating whenever she has a significant amount of screentime because her screentime is seen as taking away screentime from more established favorites (i.e. Nick, Greg and Cath). While I look forward to seeing more of Riley, I think that, given viewers' reactions so far, at least judging by reception on this site, TPTB are best off waiting for viewers to warm to her character before they give her additional screentime.

2. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I found a short little interview with LLS about her latest project, "Helen", that was shown at Sundance. (article from flavorwire)
    [​IMG]
    I thought this part of the Q&A was cute:

3. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Thank you kylyne for the Lauren update:) I just love this quote! I'm a redhead too so I'm not surprised that Lauren likes to have this color. Redheads rule;)

4. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Hi just came in to praise Lauren and say I like her character.

She's been a readhead in other shows. I wonder if she'll do it for CSI.

5. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Cute pic you posted, kaylyne. I don't know why, but somehow I keep forgetting that Lauren is on CSI. I actually wanted to watch it because of her, but I think I've only seen the first ep she was in and then I forgot about it again. lol.

About the haircolor: I prefer her with red, too. Blonde looks kind of bland on her.

6. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Just a quick question;)

I just watched first two eps from second season of "Stargate: Atlantis" and look at this pic. I think it was Lauren but she wasn't listed in the credits at the end. I'm quite sure she was in "The Siege: Part Three" and "The Intruder" but why she wasn't on the list? I checked IMDB and other sources. Nothing. So is it Lauren or other actress who looked exactly like her?:lol:

7. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Similar looking actress. That picture in question is that of Heather Doerksen If that helps at all.

8. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Thank you, Destiny:)

Later I checked credits too and yes, that's Heather. But seriously, while I was watching she looked exactly like Lauren. Well, dim light, quite dark, surely in normal light would be easier to see some differences.

9. happyharper13

Hey! It seems that this thread some more love. How do you guys think Riley's doing so far?

Here's a quote from a BuddyTV review of 'Mascara' (and apparently of CSI's S9 in general):

10. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Hey there, I haven't posted in here before but I just stumbled upon this news article on People magazine saying that Lauren Lee Smith just tied the knot. You can read the article here. :)

11. happyharper13

Whoa! That's so cool! Congrats to both of them!

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Congrats LLS! :D

13. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Congrats to Lauren:)

14. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Yeah, congrats to her. :D

15. happyharper13