Rachael Ray's Show on CSI:NY Set

I've never seen Rachael Ray, so I'm curious, especially given the deep hatred she's inspired in midnight! :lol:

Well, I can't really believe that I watched that whole hour-long show for less than five minutes on the NY set. :lol:

But what was there was great. :p Rachael is a bit annoying at times, but you gotta love that she says what's on her mind and she's just so open and everything--it was great to see her talking to Gary, who looked a little bit like 'WTF?' :lol: And Melina just looked like 'OMG, this woman is crazy.' :p

But I thought that the blurb on her site meant that she'd actually be playing a dead body on the show, not that she was just going to be in the drawer on the set. :rolleyes: It's better this way though. :lol:

(Oh, and random bitchy moment here: My name is Rachel, and I have to ask--am I the only one who is really annoyed by that extra a in the first name? :lol: It bugged me about several girls I went to school with too. If Michael is pronounced My-kul, then shouldn't Rachael be pronounced Ray-kul? :p)

Be honest now, is this a necessary thing for me to have to suffer through this afternoon? Ok, what I really mean to say is, is there anything Carmine I need to see? :lol: *is terrible*

Nope, no Carmine or Eddie or Hill or Anna--it's just a bit of Melina and Gary. Seriously, I taped all of about 4 1/2 minutes, and about a minute of that was the beginning when the show first came on and they said what was going to be on there.

It's fun to see, and I wish I could tell you exactly how far into the show it came on so that you could just tune in at about that time. :lol:

But look at it this way: you'll at least get to see her making Rice Crispy Treats that look like sushi. :p :lol:

What was there was cute, it was fun to watch and I loved Gary's expression about her saying he was "creepy" that made me laugh. Ummm, I had the timer set to tape from 9-10am, and I ended up waking up early and watching it as well, and I think I walked out into the living room and stopped my tape at abour 9:45, so I would say the segment where shes on set is about half hour thirty five minutes into the show... :) It was cute, kinda fun... but I cant believe that it was like all of 3 minutes of her on set... kinda made me mad. but oh well...

MBGrissom said:
She really called Gary/Mac "creepy"?!! :lol:
Yup she did he just laughed. I woke up like 5 minutes before the show started i felt like goign back to sleep cause man can that woman talk! :lol:

:lol: Yeah, she said something about him having a creepy, intense look or something that was right for that type of show and he was like 'WTF?' :lol:

And of course, I love when they were discussing using forensics to keep an eye on the teenage daughter(s?). :lol:

:lol: This thread is awesome, especially with what Carol said. The show is on in 30 minutes but apparently since the NY clip is so short I'm gonna tivo it so I can fast forward through everything else. I don't think I could handle hearing Rachael Ray talking for an hour or however long her show is :lol:. Plus, now I really wanna see Melina's reaction too haha.

Jeez, I just watched the show, mostly on fast forward. I was exhausted just watching her hands fly all over the place while she's talking.

Ok, I've never formed an opinion about her one way or the other before today, but I have to say... I don't think she's a very good interviewer. When she was talking to Melina and Gary, she was looking directly into the camera. And then Melina and Gary were left looking down at the ground, at the side of her head, etc. It really irritated me and seemed kind of rude. When you're talking to someone, LOOK them in the freakin face at least.

Dynamo1 said:
Maybe she learned that from David Caruso, if she watches that show too.
roflmao.gif
ROFLMAO. Maybe she did :lol:

I got home from work just in time to see it. I wish it'd been longer but it was all right overall.

I didn't notice the eye contact thing...could rewatch the tape though.

I don't know why, maybe the autism spectrum thing I have, but eye contact has always been SO hard for me, and I feel bad afterward. However, TV hosts don't have excuses. I agree she should at least have been looking at them. Besides, who wouldn't wanna gaze at Gary and get all dreamy-eyed and sigh and drool....hehehehe :)

Poor Gary looked so awkward with Rachael said that he looked or sounded creepy :lol:. The best was Melina's reaction when Rachael made her stick her in that thing(I forgot it's name) morgue. She was like, "This girl is nuts" while making this priceless face & then she told her, "No talking!". It was pretty funny when Rachael complimented Melina on being so trim & all Melina could say was, "You're sweet." Melina looked very uncomfortable in the morgue. Oh god :lol:.

Back