Question for all Middle/High School students

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by CoachMom, Jan 26, 2009.

1. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

I have a question for all those in either Middle School or High School. What do your teachers do with No Name papers? For example if you turn in your work without your name on it do they throw it away, post it, take points off, what do they do?

I'm trying to figure this out to decide what to do with this chronic problem. A co-worker just puts them in a crate and expects the kids to find and claim them. Another takes off 20 points then posts them on the board for a day or two.
    What do your teachers do?

Thanks

2. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

When I was in highschool, the teachers used to usually mark the assignment anyway and wait until that class came back the next day/week. Then they would hand everything back except the No Name papers and then say "If you didn't get yours back, it's because you didn't put your name on the assignment so come up here and claim it."

It seemed to work pretty well, though my school had pretty small class sizes (19-25 students on average per class) and it wasn't really a recurring problem.

3. Marns

Marns CSI Level Two

Yeah, that's what mine did too. ;)

4. luf100

luf100 Coroner

My teachers usually mark it and then when they hand them back out get whoever doesn't have one to come and claim it, then they put their mark in. But other teachers don't mark it, expect you to claim it, and if you don't, zero for you.

5. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

My teachers did basically the same thing.
    Once all the papers were given back out, if you didn't get one back then you knew that your name wasn't on it so you had to go and claim it. It was then graded and given back.
    But I had a few teachers who would just automatically throw away the papers that didn't have names on them.

6. luf100

luf100 Coroner

That's mean though. It's a simple mistake, forgetting your name. If I was a teacher I definitely wouldn't go that route. The kids'll end up not liking you much. :p

7. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

I guess they figure that if you're not going to take the time to make sure your name is on the paper than why should they take the time to grade it. :rolleyes:
    I always write my name first thing so that I don't have to worry about it.

8. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

It's a huge problem here. My 7th hour had 10 papers without names on them just last week. It's a pain. But my class sizes are huge (26-30) and if I had that in every class my board would be covered with papers. :)

Just yesterday I had 8 papers from 3 different class on the board.
    It's frustrating!

9. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Ooh if your classes are so big, maybe you should put them in a file folder or something somewhere in the room, and if someone doesn't get their paper back, they have to go see if it's in there. If no one comes to you with the proper paper, they get zero. :confused:

10. merlin222

merlin222 Victim

Most of my teachers mark it anyway.

11. Izod1360

Izod1360 Hit and Run

My teachers would usually ask whose hand writing it was because there was no name on it. And then they would pass it around to see whose it was. They never took of any points though. They could care less though. And anyways they usually recognized the handwriting and would put the students name on the paper.

12. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

This is what teachers do at my school. Of course the odd teacher is really strict and will say if you don't put your name on your paper you won't get a mark, but for the most part they do what speed_cochrane said.

13. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I'm in eleventh grade (my Junior year in High school), and when there's a no name paper, some teacher will throw them out in the circle filing cabinet (known as the trash can :lol: )or ask once to see who the paper belongs to and if no one answers then throws it out.

14. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I've been out of school for awhile, but what most of my teachers would do was keep the papers that had names on them and then call the students up one by one to see if they could claim their papers.

15. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

Most of the teachers I've had will ask if anyone recognizes it, but I've had teachers who actually knew who wrote it from their handwriting.