Private Practice

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by SunsetBoulevard, May 21, 2007.

1. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

I don't want any of them to leave the show either, but if I had to pick one, I would go with Charlotte. Yeah, she has the other job, but what if she can't take the pressure of being replaced? Ohhh, I hate theories so much :D Naomi is weird, but after Sam confessed that he's still in love with her, she mustn't leeeeave! Remember the hot scene on the table in the practice? I want more scenes like that! The fact that we need to wait until September is frustrating.

For some reason, when the whole pregnancy stuff began with Violet, I just didn't see the whole story end like Violet holding and raising a baby in the future seasons. Somehow I still don't see any babies in their lives. Maybe because nobody has a baby on GA either (except for Bailey, but that's just totally adorable). But I don't see a PP character with a baby. Maybe it's just me, though, and this doesn't mean that I want the baby to die, hell no, I want both the Violet and the baby to be okay.

2. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Oh damn!!! How can I forget that hot scene on the table? :devil:.
    I love Sam, he's such a sweet guy and I just adored him when he told Naomi he is still in love with her. I don't know...she's weird (there's no way to deny it LOL), but she more than once made it clear she didn't want to get back to him. I don't want her to hurt his feelings another time.

As for Charlotte, well I don't know...they're slowly developing her character and I do wish we could see a little bit more of her.
    Guess we'll have to wait for Shonda's fantasy :lol:

I so know what you mean and I've never expected to see someone among the team...pregnanat. The only person I can picture with a baby is Addison **starts giggling at the image** , though she has her own problems...still miracles can happen :)
    Anyway they'd better not kill neither the baby nor Violet!

3. SunsetBoulevard

*pats dusty thread*

Season 3 premiere TONIGHT!!!! Are we excited??? I am super excited. I rewatched the promo today and I got all teary!

4. SunsetBoulevard

Guuuuuys, please don't say you didn't watch the premiere!
    It was so good I watched it twice on Friday!

Copying and pasting my review from LJ:

Addison:
    I loved how neurotic and emotional she was through the entire episode. She's generally not that emotional. But this is understandable because it was all about Violet and the baby.

Pete:
    I loved the fact that we found out so many things about his past. His confession to Violet about the fact that he hated his wife was sooo heart-breaking! So wrong, but such a beautiful thing to admit. I'm liking Pete. Kudos to him for not giving up hoping Violet will be okay.

Violet:
    Why didn't I like her till the season finale? I don't understand. She's so awesome! I'm definitely a fan. I knew she was gonna survive from the spoilers, but I was holding my breath the entire time until she woke up. Go Violet, love you!

Violet/Pete:
    So I kind of figured out this ship. There are so many anti-shippers, but I kinda know why. This ship is not OBVIOUS, like Cath/Warrick (to me) on CSI. This is something you need to get used to. They don't seem obviously meant to be, but if you imagine them together (like they wanted to be together on the season finale), it does work. Well, to me, it works, and I needed this much time to say that.

Overall:
    This was such an intense and emotional episode. I loved the fact that they ALL cried in some way. All the doctors on Private Practice seem to care about their patients a little too much, but they never show it as obviously as they did in this episode. I loved when they all cried when Violet woke up and Pete gave her the baby.

The promo for this week looks really interesting! Violet :(

5. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Great!!! I haven't been able to watch the whole episode (yep I managed to watch some parts of it LOL) and what I was able to get was there...with some audio troubles. Great, just great! :brickwall: . Sorry, but I feel like a total fool as I'm not able to write down a proper comment.

Though, I have some questions, but I'm going to ask just one:
    ok I saw a funeral at the beginning of the episode and, at first, I thought it was Violet's funeral, but luckily she survived the attack. I may have got it wrong, but I thought Addison told Naomi that the baby didn't survive, later. What did I miss? The whole episode? :lol:

Anyway, it's good to know that both Violet and the baby survived and I think that the whole flashback idea was a good concept. Guess some shows have given that a thought as CSI:Miami did exactly the same thing LOL

As for the characters I can't say too much, unfortunately, all I know is that I'm loving Charlote more and more. And yep also Violet was very good :thumbsup:

Thanks for posting that promo...hmm things are getting really really interesing :shifty:

6. SunsetBoulevard

All Addison said was "I tried my best." Or something like that. Well, that's kinda what surgeons say when their patient dies, but I think she meant it like, the surgery was successful, but the baby is still in a bad condition. It was really confusing when Addison said that, I also thought that the baby died!

And now I'm off to watch 3x02! I hope I'll be in an ecstasic mood when I come back to post my review! :D

ETA:
    Ecstasic mood? Well, not really, but the episode was awesome. Normally, I would say "I'm tired of Violet's problems, but now I'm not. I'm loving her this season. What she's going through is terrible. I hope she'll be okay and will be able to raise the baby. I actually cried when Addison cried. She always breaks my heart, but I love that. Addison is my goddess.
    There's something I don't like about this season. Addison is angry with Naomi. Violet is at home. So the characters don't have that "Let's go to the kitchen and discuss the schedule for today." I miss the connections, the good old ones, y'know.

promo for episode 3

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  7. _Hush_

_Hush_ Winchester Inc.

Was that Sam kissing Bailey? :eek:

I just caught up with season 2. Season 3 is for this week, but damn, I'm excited! :D

8. SunsetBoulevard

Yep, _Lucifer_, you saw that right. I can't believe that either! I actually don't know what's going on with her atm, as I stopped watching GA at the end of season 4. But that's shocking indeed. Can't wait for this week's episode!!!
    My Addison/Noah shipper self is actually stronger than ever, but I doubt he'll come back :(

Anyway, Happy 42nd Birthday to Kate Walsh!!!

9. SunsetBoulevard

Violet steals the show! I don't even understand why I didn't like her before. She's so cool! I feel sooo sorry for her, I hope she gets over her issues soon.
    Lucas, Pete and Violet needs to be a family (this is my point of view, I don't want to shove it down on anyone's throat). I turned away for the last few secs of the last episode and started crying.
    Aaaand I keep having Addison/Noah dreams :D
    This season has been AMAZING so far. Hope they keep it up!

10. csinynut

csinynut Hit and Run

I have to say that last week's episode was incredible. Especially because of Amy Brenneman's acting. The first scene where she goes to see her attcker in jail was jaw dropping.

She should get and deserves an Emmy, not only a nomination.

Also, Is it me or is Charlotte getting prettier by the episode ?

11. Karlia

Karlia Rookie

Loooooooooooooooved previous episode for so many reasons. Addison got a cat :D YAY! Sam did his dorky jokes, gotta love him. Charlotte is amazing. And they didn't touch Violet's baby issue, thank Goodness, cause that's getting boring already.
    Hope they bring back the goofiness they had in season 1. Everything's been so dramatic lately.

12. SunsetBoulevard

I like the Violet and the baby thing. Her stories were annoying in season 2, but I kinda like her now. The one thing I don't like is the idea of Addison dating that doctor. I don't see them as a couple (yet, or maybe they won't even be one). Anyway, Addison getting the cat and trying to get him out from under the bed with a vibrator was totally PRICELESS. Thank you Shonda :D

13. _Hush_

_Hush_ Winchester Inc.

I'm also still rooting for Addison and Noah. Not a fan of the new guy yet :p

I'm still not warming up to Violet though. Even though the story's interesting, it can't seem to keep up my attention. And Pete's kinda starting to bore me.

Sam on the other hand is genius:D His little people remarks were priceless. 'I gotta find Cooper, he'll laugh with me'.

And: more love for Coop and Charlotte. I love these two :adore:

14. Karlia

Karlia Rookie

Sam is such a dork...love how dorky he is :guffaw: And not to mention hot :devil::drool: always been a big fan of Taye Diggs and his lovely wife:thumbsup:

I am stuck in past still hope for Pete&Addison thing..which is unlikely to ever happen but girl can dream!

15. SunsetBoulevard

Then you must be happy now :D Your dream has come true (kinda).

I really, truly dislike the idea of Addison/Sam. Can't explain why, it's just a bad idea. I like them as friends, but to me, they are not meant to be.

I loved Kate's acting in the last episode. Everything was perfect. She's such a talented actress. I'm falling for her even more :D

Charlotte... I still can't stand her, I'm sorry. She does have good moments, but she's a cold, heartless, denying woman. In my reality, her personality does not exist. While I was watching the last episode, I was gonna say "oh, that was so nice from her to tell the patient about her past". And then she was really unfriendly to Violet, not to mention that she lied to her. Why couldn't she just admit that she was once married? There's nothing wrong about that. I really don't understand her. All I know is, with this personality, she doesn't belong to the practice.