Private Practice

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by SunsetBoulevard, May 21, 2007.

1. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Even though this show hasn't been aired yet, I thought it would be good to have a PP thread :)
    You may all know that Kate Walsh is leaving Grey's Anatomy and starting this new show, called "Private Practice".
    The new series will take place in Los Angeles, CA.
    The rest of the cast can be found here, on IMDb

I hope a LOT of you guys will watch the show! :)

2. Daisy

Daisy Pathologist

I will! I'm a big Paul Adelstein fan. I watched the pilot and I loved it. Cooper is so adorable. I though the story was better, lighter than Grey's (the Grey's line during the double episode was pretty boring IMO).

And I really like Kate Walsh and Amy Brenneman as well.

3. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

I'm sure it'll be a cool show and all that but right now I'm very disappointed about Kate Walsh leaving "Grey's Anatomy" and Paul Adelstein "Prison Break".
    I want Addison and Agent Kellerman back !!!

4. Missing

Missing Pathologist

But PB won't be on past this next season so if this show has good enough writing then he at least will be on tv.

I am happy to see Tim Daly back on a show, unfortunatly though it seems he is a show killer as his last few shows have gotten the axe.

I guess we will have to wait and see the outcome.

5. SunsetBoulevard

We neeeeeeed a good thread title.

How about Private Practice #1 - One fan-freakin'-tastic show?
    Or maybe something about the Elevator God? :D

6. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

I was upset that they shoved this down our throats but I have to say that I liked it and it looks like it has real possibilities. I love Kate Walsh/ addison and at first I was like "oh this is going to suck. A show about a female/ baby doctor, but I like the whole idea of this pratice clinic and the different doctors. I'll be watching for sure.

I like the idea about the Elevator God...maybe like "Is there an Elevator God" or "talking to the Elevator God" IDK..

7. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

The title is a tad cheesy.... I don't know, I was getting sick of GA and this isn't really making me feel any better.

8. RBC

RBC Coroner

What about Private Practice 'When your car gets stolen by sexyboobs316' :lol:

9. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

I have to agree - this had potential. All the characters seemed to interact well. That elevator scene in the beginning was very funny.

10. GrissomFREAK

GrissomFREAK CSI Level Two

I'll watch it ;)

Although the pilot wasn't THAT fantastic -nothing to write hoe about really, the show in itself does look promising. Too bad Addison is leaving GA, though :(

Taye Diggs is hot, that kiss was OMFG soooo hawt, and the elevator scenes were freakin' hilarious :lol:

Oh and when they watch Dell preparing to go surfing ...
    "Admit it, you feel better. And if not, there's another showing in an hour. And it's wet" :lol: :eek: :D

11. SunsetBoulevard

I'm actually sad and happy at the same time. I mean I watch Grey's Anatomy for Addison, but everybody is SO mean to her, while she's been trying to be nice. I'm glad Kate is starting a new show because this is a new opportunity.
    I'm glad Kate's life has been awesome lately :) Private Practice, engagement, everything.

12. SunsetBoulevard

Spoiler time, babeh! :D

15-year-old Lucy is in labor and her mother is not helping making her feel better as she keeps saying that it hurts to deliver! Thankfully, the nurse is very helpful. The cops are called to a supermarket when a woman, Jenny Banks, sits on the floor and keeps repeating the same sentence over and over again. One of her neighbor is also called in. The manager wants the crazy woman out now but the neighbor wants to take his time to calm her down. A woman named Leslie is at the hospital watching doctors try to resuscitate her soon-to-be fiancé. A father gets mad when he doesn't know the doctor who is about to remove his 17-year-old daughter's appendix. The father is also angry at his daughter for having eloped without telling him. A woman named Maria goes to a courthouse so that another woman her now dead husband wanted to marry doesn't get his money.

Tom Stinson: He is about 40ish. He is arguing with his lawyer outside the courthouse, blaming him and saying that the lawyer advised him to go on the stand and tell the truth and everything would be fine - but they are not fine. Obviously this is a big case, since Tom says that he and his wife Melinda have been through the media and their names dragged through the mud. Tom is furious that he told the truth and may still go to jail. Tom also asks the lawyer how he can live with himself, since Tom basically bankrupted himself to pay the lawyer and yet things went badly. Later Tom and Melinda are outside the courhouse and the cops come to arrest him. Tom asks his wife to tell them that she knows he couldn’t have done this, but she questions him herself and believes that he’s guilty.Melinda: Tom’s wife. She is holding their infant son. The lawyer asks Melinda to go on the stand and back up Tom’s testimony but she refuses since she knows the prosecution is right. Later on Melinda is outside the courthouse holding the baby and the cops approach her. She knows that she has to give the baby up and is heartbroken, but instead of handing him to the male officer she hands him to the lady officer. She tells the lady officer how to get the baby to sleep (read the newspaper) and asks her to take care of him since she no longer can. The lady officer promises to take care of him. Greg and Beth O’Brien (young couple in their 20’s) - An adoption agent tells them that they must give up their foster daughter, Emily, since the court has ruled she must go back to her birth parents. Beth is horrified that she must give “her daughter” back to those people, and Greg is angry since they were told that they could adopt the little girl. The agent tells them that there’s nothing they can do. Stevie (15 year old boy) - Stevie is in his high school talking with his teacher, who is concerned about him. Stevie tells the teacher that he is fine, but his mother isn’t. The teacher asks if its since his father left, but Stevie says that she wasn’t fine before when he was home and the parents were fighting. Teacher tells him that if he needs anything just to ask. Gloria (80 year-old grandmother) - She is in a meeting regarding her granddaughter Julie. The principal is concerned that Julie has missed so much school but Gloria defensively tells the principal that Julie still gets good grades and that she takes good care of her family. Gloria leaves. Later there is another meeting with Julie in attendance. The principal is very concerned that Gloria had Julie’s mother, Maria, arrested. Gloria defends herself, saying that if she didn’t have Maria arrested she would have killed herself by taking drugs. Gloria also reminds the principal that she stepped in to take care of her granddaughter, more than anyone else including the principal did, and yet they call what she did “neglect”. The Principal tells Gloria that he/she has to call Children’s Services, and Gloria tells him/her that they may as well arrest her if she cannot take care of her family. Ginger ( 20ish cocktail waitress) - She approaches a man (his name is “Ben” in the sides) and starts talking to him. He is looking sadly at a picture but when asked he says its not his wife, and he’s not heartbroken but “soul-broken” - the platonic form of heart-broken (can I take bets that this is Cooper?). The exchange is quite funny, and Ginger asks him to dance. Ben tells her that he’s not into call -girls and Ginger is horrified. Later, Ginger leaves the bar to find Ben waiting for her, and she tells him that she was fired. Ben offers to buy her a drink, and Ginger tells him that she’s not a friend type, since she only spoke to him because her manager made her because he seems so lonely. Nurse: Tells a doctor that a patient was released, and the doctor does not seem happy. She pages a Dr. Wade. Delivery Guy - brings a box to a woman’s house only to be informed that the box is not for her but for her ex-husband. As the wife rants, comically, about her divorce the poor delivery guy says he really wants to leave (this also seems funny).

60-year-old Sylvie is condo hunting so she and her new boyfriend can move in together. However, when they make an offer, the boyfriend's behavior changes and Sylvie believes that he doesn't really love her and is with her only for her cooking! A soccer coach brings 10-year-old Michael to the clinic after he injured himself. As he talks with the kid, he notices that Michael as deeper problems. The kid believes he might be gay and fears his parents' reaction since his father keeps saying bad things about homosexuals. The coach convinces Michael to tell his parents how he feels. When he does so, his father tells him he is ashamed. Catherine, the mother of a teenage daughter who is seeing a therapist, has a talk with said therapist when her daughter refuses to get out of bed or eat. The therapist says that it could be teenage angst. When the daughter goes missing, Catherine is back at the therapist's office to get clues on her whereabouts. A teen boy goes missing not too long after 12-year-old Brian punched him for kissing his (Brian's) girlfriend. A woman named Rebecca, with her 4-year-old in tow, drops by a lawyer's office saying that cops are looking for them because they believe she knows where her husband Jason his hiding. 50-year-old Mrs Howard is tired and angry that her son Robbie keeps getting himself high and then, when he's at the bottom, he begs his parents to pay for rehab, and when he gets out, he gets drugged again, etc. 60-year-old Stan comes to the clinic because his hands keep shaking. After running some tests, the doctor finds what's wrong: Stan has a drinking problem.

Sasha, Becky, and Kim: Three young sisters who are playing Barbie together. They are having a good time and whispering to one another. The babysitter comes over and asks the girls where they put her purse. They do not answer. The babysitter sits down and threatens to take Barbie if they do not tell her. Sasha balks at this, saying Barbie belongs in her Dream House. They play with the babysitter a bit, and then Sasha finally admits to putting the purse in her dishwasher. Linda: An exhausted mother of two active twin girls - Julie and Wendy - age five. She is chatting with her friend Anne in her kitchen, which is in total disarray. Linda tells Anne how close the girls are, that they even want to be sick together. Linda then confides that she is completely overwhelmed, since she divorced her husband and left her job feeling that she could do better. Now, her ex is leaving California and her mother is getting on in years and she would have no one to help her. Anne is advising her to take a little time for herself when they hear a scream. Julie is unconscious. When they get her to the ER they tell her that Julie is fine. Jessie: I guess this episode is kids gone wild, because Jessie is another active child (8) who is running around, screams, and passes out. She is also given a clear bill of health at the ER. Karen: A 40ish mother to Jennifer who is furious that her 18 year old daughter is going to drop out of college to marry an attorney in his 40's. Karen confronts him at his law firm, Jennifer on his heels, and she refuses to let Jennifer marry him. He tells Karen that it is Jennifer's life and her decision. Later, at home, Karen tells Jennifer that she fears Jennifer will suffer the same fate she did - being abandoned by her husband. Ultimately Karen gives her blessing. Geoffrey: A newly engaged man in his 30's who doesn't have the money to buy his fiancee a ring. They go to a Financial Advisor to get a loan so he can buy her one. When Geoffrey returns, the Advisor tells him that he did not get approved for the loan. Touched by the couple feeling that they have enough with each other - to heck with the ring - the Financial Advisor reverses his decision and approves of the loan. Doug: A nervous man in his 40's. He is telling a coworker how unhappy he is in his job, and he is going to march right into the office and quit. He finally does, and his boss has a heart attack. Doug blames his quitting, while his coworker reminds him that his boss has a lot of bad habits that would have caused the heartattack. Turns out Doug has tried to quit before, but he always chickened out. Ultimately, Doug quits and his boss seems kind of proud of him. Cathleen: A woman in her mid-thirties who is getting fitted for her wedding gown. She panics when the gown is too tight, saying her fiancee will realize that she is lucky, not him, and that he will leave her. She tells the tailor she was too fussy when she was younger, since she was a better catch. Now, her fiance is a better catch and that fills her with insecurity.

Be patient just until September 26. That is when the miracle begins.

13. SunsetBoulevard

Promo videos!

************Spoilers**************
    Promo 1
    Promo 2
    Promo 3
    Sneak Peek

The sneak peek is truly HILARIOUS!
    "It's not like I look bad naked, I mean, a lot of guys have enjoyed me naked a lot. Well not a lot, I mean like 8... well, 11." OMG, that's so hilarious! :lol:

14. SunsetBoulevard

PM me if you'd like to see the pilot right now.

15. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

I really loved the backdoor pilot! :) I'm so excited to watch the upcoming episodes...Yes, that bit with Addison in the elevator was really a riot...Yes, Grey's is getting too heavy for my taste...hated the season ender by the way!...As for PP, I looooove Tim Daly! :lol: