Prayer for Madeleine

I have to say that the fact they've found Madeleine's blood in the car rented by the McCanns 25 days AFTER her disappearance is very strange, to say the least...

I certainly hope that something will resolve soon, because things are looking pretty bad for the little girl now.

Lucy said:
Amid much speculation, this story has really developed a potentially shocking twist over the last 24 hours.

Well, what is there to say? Is it better that her parents might have accidentally killed her or that she might have been kidnapped by a complete psycho that might have done God-knows-what to her? :(

I read a small notice in a newspapper back in 7-14 August (I know, I was on Gotland when I read it) that they might have found traces of blood in their room at the hotel. I remember getting so angry and ranting about it to my friends mother. At that point, Madeleine's parents became very suspicious to me, not taking in that they left their children at the hotel while they went to a resturant. (Without a babysitter or someone to stay with them? Honestly, how many parents would do such a thing?:mad:)

But I guess it was just my hormones at the time. I really didn't think they had done it. Of course, the thought often crossed my mind, but it was nothing I dwelled on.

But now. Oh God. I do not want to make a statement about this, until it is confirmed or anything, but...the evidence against them? Some of them are pretty solid I think. I defiently think that something is not right with their version and statement about the whole thing.

And if any of them or both had anything about the whole buisness to do. I mean, anything. I would be so mad, and so sad, not only for poor Madeleine, but for her little sisblings as well. Not to mention all the people around the world who has shown their support.

The meeting with the Pope, David Beckham's video, JK Rowling begging bookshops to put up posters and distribute flyers...the list is endless. I remember standing in the queue for Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows, and talking to a girl about this, since there were no posters or flyers to be seen, and she said that the whole thing felt a little strange. "Almost a little bit...fake." She could develope her answer more before the queue started moving again and we lost each other.

I've been reading in Gerry McCann's blogg, and I have to admit that I am not sure about all this. He just seem too...unaffected and unemotional. Or maybe he is still in shock, what do I know?

I can't really say that I hope the parents didn't do it or that they did. On one hand, it would be an extreme relief to know that I might just have been an accident and that she actually is dead. On the other hand, it would be awful to know that she was killed by her own parents. But if they didn't have anytjing to do with her disappearance, nobody know what happened (and still might happen) with Maddie.

Sorry for the long rant and I am sorry if I hurt someones feelings, but I really needed to get this of my chest.

ETA: According to Pinto de Abreu, Madeleine's father, Gerry McCann has also been declared as a formal suspect. Waiting for further update n this news.

ElinWaffle said:
The meeting with the Pope, David Beckham's video, JK Rowling begging bookshops to put up posters and distribute flyers...the list is endless. I remember standing in the queue for Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows, and talking to a girl about this, since there were no posters or flyers to be seen, and she said that the whole thing felt a little strange. "Almost a little bit...fake." She could develope her answer more before the queue started moving again and we lost each other.

Yeah, that is what brings just another level of weirdness to me...I mean, how can any person who is guilty of this crime allow things to go this far? I mean, the Pope?!? If everything was a lie, then I can't find any excuses for them. Killing someone by accident is just that - an accident, a tragedy, but everything that happened afterwards is very well thought. I certainly hope evidence will clear them, or something new will be discovered, because now, everything is really sick...

Back