'Ponderous Superficialities' An Amusing Critic's Perspective

Re: 'Ponderous Superficialities' An Amusing Critic's Perspec

I have tried very hard as of late to stay away from the spoiler thread, after such a huge letdown with the S5 finale and all... :rolleyes: And though I still love this show, I do have to agree with the criticism above. The show is FAR from reality based right now, much further than in S1-3. I'm with Footyliz and others...I tune in for my one hour of escape from RL...and for that purpose alone it is worth watching for me. :D

That, and (I do have to admit) LMAO when I read the critical reviews like the ones above... :lol: So True. :)

Just thought I would share last week's pearl of wisdom from the Radio Times magazine:
This is such a painfully silly show, I'm hard pushed to see how anyone is expected to take it seriously. This episode's (Death Eminent) laugh-out-loud moment is a portentous final shot of Horatio posed in front of a stained-glass window and the American flag. Nice one for the family Christmas card. But there is much else to giggle at along the way.
Such an accurate analysis. Sadly, there wasn't a review this week, but I'll post them when they appear. Afterall, the reviews do come under the 'Today's Choice' section, and I guess Miami doesn't always justify that position in the eye of the reviewer. I think they just enjoy poking fun at it!

Hmm... I don't remember that scene. I must have blocked it out...

Thanks for sharing, Luce :)

You're welcome, and I know what you mean DragonflyDreamer. I'm not sure if you want reminding, but here it is! ;)

tn_deatheminent.jpg

I love the use of the word 'portentous'. So apt. The RT reviews are inspired. I hope they write more, even if Miami isn't worthy of being a 'Choice' programme. Thanks for the updates! :D

This Radio Times magazine reviews are great, keep post them Lucy. :) I`m wonder is out there still guys who take this tv show seriously. Not only we make joke of Miami this days. And what about the last Emily Procter interview in which she compares Miami to Scooby Doo. She's Velma, Horatio's Fred and Alexx is Daphne. Awwww :lol:

Pusher said:
I`m wonder is out there still guys who take this tv show seriously.

God I hope not :lol:
I laughed out loud when I saw that pic, Lucy. Such a prime example of how superficial this show has become. *Sigh* If ever we shall see a day when Miami is pulled back to Planet Earth, I do believe pigs shall fly and it shall snow in Phoenix.

Back