Points of View

Aww. It's so sweet that he wanted her to be the first to know (aside from Ryan that is).

And I didn't like the male ME either which is why Ryan saying that was funny. :lol: the new ME seems cocky (and not in a good way) and arrogant and very, very annoying. I too hope he is not Alexx's permanent replacement. Maybe he'll get sick of being compared to Alexx and he'll leave like Greg's first lab tech replacement did in LV when Greg went to work in the field.

Horatio

I don’t know what wakes me but I vaguely become aware of the sounds that are around me. I hear the sound of beeping and nothing else. The first sensation I feel is a dull ache in my chest. It isn’t unbearably painful, just discomfort. Pain and discomfort, surely there aren't these sensations anymore if I’m dead? I try to open my eyes, my eyelids feel like they weigh a ton. I’m greeted by an impossibly white light. Maybe I am dead. I try to focus my eyes, I see a ceiling? I think I see a form hovering above me, I can’t make out who it is. An angel maybe? After all I have done, I’ve probably ended up in hell. I think I hear someone calling my name. A strange calm washes over me. It’s inexplicable. I want to see more, but the drowsiness overtakes me and I close my eyes and welcome the darkness once more.

I’m not sure how long I’ve slept. I wake again. It must have been a long time but it feels like a second to me. My discomforts are more pronounced now. I try to swallow but instead I gag. It feels like something is in my throat. I force my eyes open. Everything looks just as blurry. My chest hurts a little more now. I turn my head. I see someone, a face I don’t recognize.

"Are you in pain?”

I must be in the hospital. The person a nurse. I nod slightly. It’s not unbearable, I try to speak.

“You’ve got tube down your throat to help you breathe. Don’t try to speak. I’ll give you something for the pain.”

I try to tell her I don’t want to be drugged up and knocked out again but it’s too late, I feel the lull of sleepiness that I’m unable to fight, and my eyes close again.

The third time I wake. Again I’m not sure how long I’ve been asleep. This time I become more aware of my surroundings. I turn my head to look around. I am in the hospital. I’m not dead, a strange relief fills me. Ryan was successful, I hope our plan was. I see another nurse approach me.

“Lieutenant. You’ve been in a coma for a long time.”

I don’t know exactly how long.

“I think we’re ready to let you breathe on your own now.”

I nod. I was on the ventilator, I remember the other nurse telling me. I feel her disconnect the tube down my throat. I feel like I am about to suffocate. I take a breath but no air comes in. She pulls the tube out of my throat. It hurts for only a moment, then I gag and cough. My chest is raked with pain, but I can breathe again.

"I’m giving you something to help you sleep again.”

“No,” I move my lips but no sound comes out. I’ve had enough of this sleeping. I want to know what happened. Again the drug kicks in before I can protest.

When I open my eyes again I feel less disorientated. I look around. No nurse to drug me. I hope I can stay awake for more than a couple of minutes now. I take a deep breath, my chest hurts as it expands. I must have had surgery to remove the bullet. I move my toes, then fingers. I feel something at my fingertips….. hair?

I lift my head, the movement brings more pain, but the sight brings warmth and relief. Yelina. I immediately feel guilty for putting her through all this. She must be so angry with me. If she’s here that means things went according to plan. I am content to just stroke her hair.

She stirs and lifts her head. She blinks as she notices I’m awake. She smiles.

“I’m sorry- “ my voice is hoarse but I’m glad to hear words coming out.

She moves quickly to place a finger on my lips to silence me. She shakes her head.

“You’re alive, that’s all that matters.”

She hugs me gently. I smell her perfume, it’s intoxicating. I feel her tears fall on my face. Tears of relief and joy. She holds me for the longest time. She sits upright again, holding my hand in hers.

"Ron Saris is in jail. Kyle is safe.” Yelina tells me.

"I should thank Ryan.” I manage.

"You should.”

I feel remorse for all I’ve put her through. “I’m sorry for all this. You read my letter?”

"Yes.” Her eyes water. “I was angry at first, but I’m not anymore. All I wanted was for you to be ok.”

"How long was I out?”

“Almost two weeks.”

It’s a long time. I guess being in a coma has it's advantages. I didn't have to face Yelina's wrath. There was time for her anger to subside. Still I want her to know I didn't want to do the same to her as my brother did.

"I'm sorry, I was angry about Ray making you grieve over his death and I did the same."

"I even attended your funeral.” She adds but she isn’t angry, I see a hint of mischief in her eyes.

"I apologise."

She shakes her head. "You're a well-loved man. It was a nice funeral."

We share a laugh, it hurts to laugh but I don’t mind.

"You’ve been her all this time?”

"Only the past couple of days. They didn’t let me stay long, only after they took you off the ventilator, I was allowed to stay.” She explains.

"I didn’t mean to out you through all this.”

"You don’t have to keep saying that. You did what you have to.”

I squeeze her hand. I feel her other hand on my face. She strokes my cheek gently.

"You’ve lost so much weight.....”

I sense the genuine concern in her voice. She really cares about me.

“Yelina…. “ I grow serious. “I ummm….. there’re things I wanted to tell you..... I should’ve told you a long time ago.”

She nods her agreement and lowers her head in a smile.

"Yelina… I love you.”

“I know.” She looks up at me, still smiling. “I should have told you a long time ago too….”

She utters those three words my heart had been longing to hear since the day we met. “I love you too.”

She leans towards me and we kiss. We won’t be apart ever again.

---------------------- THE END -------------------------

I hope you all enjoyed reading this. I have more stories coming up. Keep a look out! :)

Usually I'm not that fond of an happy ending.. unless it involves H/Y of course then I can't get enough of it!

Love it!

Back