***PLEASE READ AND RESPOND***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Wyoming, Oct 31, 2008.

1. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I read it and understood. I was just wondering why it's a big deal if people talk about an episode in the season spoiler thread that has a thread of it's own already. I just don't really get that. :confused:

But yea, I understand. Thanks for keeping our forum peaceful.

2. future_cop

future_cop Lab Technician

Read and understood

3. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

So, no more "One Blind Vice" entries, even if it is from an acceptable source (EW) and if the suspected answer could impact what we'll be seeing on screen in the future? Is the main reason for this that UGO doesn't want to be sued by anyone? Thanks for your explanations and posts, Mods.

4. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

Read and understood :)

5. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

Aye aye, captains. Read and understood. ;)

6. Callacrap

Callacrap Rookie

Read and understood :)

7. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

The Spoiler Lab was designed for the discussion of all spoilers relating to the current season. However, people tend to get excited about episodes airing before/during/after Monday so we would see a thousand "I'M SO EXCITED FOR MONDAY!" "Countdown to Monday, 2 days!" "12 minutes until the new episode!" and various reviews during and after the new episode aired.

So this more often than not can (and has) overtake the Spoiler Lab and those who wanted to discuss future episodes not airing that week would have a hard time following the rest of the spoilers.

The episode threads were created to cut down on the clutter and organize the forum a little better for everyone. So those who wish to discuss the newest episode airing Monday would be referred to a whole separate thread to talk about it as much as they want, while those who wish to discuss the rest of the season during that time have the Spoiler Lab.

The reason it's a 'big deal' is because lately, some are constantly posting their thoughts about the newest episode willy nilly in both threads before, during and after the new episode and that means we're getting the same discussion going on in two places which #1, can be confusing for not only regular members but new members/guests and #2, it's pretty much circumventing what we were trying to accomplish by creating the episode threads in the first place.

At the start of every single Spoiler Lab to date (that I can remember), there's always been the rule that states "if there is already an episode thread open, please post spoilers relating to that episode in that thread." and has been said many times after that in the thread so I'm not sure why it's so hard for some to follow lately. Some may notice this rule is the same in the LV forum as well.

If you're wondering "Why can't we speculate on Monday's episode in the Spoiler Lab before it airs since it's technically a spoiler?" Well, we usually put up the episode threads the weekend before the new episode to give everyone ample time to get excited about it and still allow for a separate place for as much discussion about it as possible without running the chance of overtaking the Spoiler Lab at any time before it airs. Again, it's just an organization tactic each week to make things easier on everyone and it's worked really well for the past few years.

I know this has been a bit long-winded but hopefully it explains a little better why it's so important that we want to keep episode thread discussion in its proper thread and out of the Spoiler Lab.

Some of the actors and those involved with the show and network are aware of CSIFiles/TalkCSI and do visit the site. CSIFiles has a policy to maintain the personal/professional privacy of the actors, actresses and those invovlved with the CSI franchise even if it may impact the outcome of the show. The general rule is if the actors/actresses or TPTB confirm/deny anything, then it's fair game to be discussed because they've publically acknowledged or spoken about the issue. If not, then we leave it alone point blank.

Here's what our Administrator TBonz said a while ago regarding some speculation/a rumour about a particular actress on CSI:

All three original posts can be found here, here and here.

So no matter if the information comes from someone's head/spoiler site/gossip site/reputable source, if it's a rumour that has not been confirmed or denied by either Real Life party involved, we don't discuss it here. Characters are fine as they aren't real, actors are off limits. And like TBonz said, to prevent any potential problems with actors/networks/other, it's better safe than sorry. Hopefully this explains it sufficiently. :)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2008
  8. luf100

luf100 Coroner

:lol: No, thanks for explaining. I understand better now.

9. inge

inge CSI Level Two

read and understood

10. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

Read and understood.

11. DuCaineluvr93

DuCaineluvr93 Witness

read and understood

12. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Read and Understood :)