***PLEASE READ AND RESPOND***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Wyoming, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Wyoming

Wyoming Head of the Graveyard Shift

I left for school this morning with a firm belief that everything in the Miami forum was running smoothly.

Then I get home late tonight to find that everything went haywire, because no one thought that what my co-mod speed_cochrane had to say was anything to listen to, especially when it came to trying to get threads back on track.

This has happened in both the Spoiler Thread, and the Emily Thread. Now most of you have been good posters, and don't think your efforts to help have gone unnoticed, because they haven't. But there are a select few who like to ignore what we have to say and keep doing whatever you want.

This will no longer be tolerated. When a mod tells you to do something, wether its myself or speed_cochrane, we need you to listen. Not only is it your responsibility as a poster here at TalkCSI to do so, but it is incredibly rude, and INCREDIBLY insulting to both of us when we try to get these threads back on track, so that the people who want to talk about spoilers can go to a thread where they won't be bombarded with "SQUEE so and so did this and now they're going to get together because that just SO has to happen!" And the same for the Emily thread. Posters want to talk about Emily, not David. That kind of thing.

Also, this wasn't something that just got us irritated all of a sudden. This has been graduating over a long period of time, and after talking with my co-mod, we both feel that it needs to be addressed. If there is still a constant problem we will have absoultely no problem with shutting down threads for 24 hours, or however much time we feel needed with absolutely no warnings. And after that, if trends continue, there will be official warnings handed out. We don't want to do this, we pride the fact that the Miami thread generally has no big issues, but if we have to we will.

Please read carefully and respond so we know you read it. Thank you for your time.

2. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I read it and got it.

3. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

Read and understood.

4. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

I've read it, and I understand it.

5. ruby&theheadmen

ruby&theheadmen Lab Technician

I guess since I'm still new to the group, I don't understand exactly what has been going on in the problematic threads- I don't participate in a lot of threads, just mainly the one where I post to Fan Fiction . From what I'm understanding here is that you as Mods will write to us (I suppose it will be in private messaging? e-mail?) if you have any problem with us. If that is the case, I understand and I'm grateful that at least we will be given a chance to correct ourselves.

Please write to me if I need to be educated on anything specific that you emphasized here, so that I can come into full understanding of what is expected of me as a participant. Thank you

Very Respectfully,
    Ruby&theheadmen

6. Wolfsong

Wolfsong Witness

Read and Understood.

7. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

8. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Thanks to those who have responded so far. :)

If there are issues with a group or specific posters, we try to be transparent in our efforts to moderate/maintain a peaceful atmosphere. Ie: Most things will be dealt with publically on the board. But there are rare occasions - at least in this forum - where we do take an issue to private message.

Please know however that we're not usually quick to warn in this forum and we try to be fair to everyone as not only is that expected of us as moderators but we recognize that we're all human, thus not infallible. Our only expectations are that all posters and their opinions are to be respected as well as the rules set forth by the moderators and administrators of this site and about 90% of the time, that's the case. There's rarely a problem in this forum and that's because of great posters.

However, lately some seem to either miss what we say (which I would normally understand if the same rules hadn't been repeatedly stated by both mods and frustrated posters; The episode threads versus the Spoiler Lab immediately comes to mind) or just not care which is a problem when we're trying to maintain a smoothly run forum. I don't feel the rules here are too complicated nor do I feel that we've been extremely hard on anyone up to this point so I would hope that this thread encourages a little more cooperation out of everyone to keep this forum a pleasant place to spend time.

9. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Read & understood.

Just to let you know, I just wanted to clarify my opinion about the shipping stuff for the last time;)

10. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

Read and Understood. It's not happened again!

11. churchmouse

churchmouse Witness

okay, got it.

12. Della

Della Police Officer

Not that I participate in the discussion threads anymore, but I've read and understood this one

:)

13. arcadian7

arcadian7 Witness

read and understood - I appreciate the efforts to maintain peace but do understand that sometimes things are said that might very well have a bearing on the future of the show. I don't care for the discussions of the actors' private lives, but sometimes things come up (perhaps the reality/falsehood of behaviors on set) and I know my own curiosity peeks just because I wonder if said things might impact the quality or future of the show... If I am in error in any respect, please accept my apologies as a newbie just making my first 50 posts...

14. mjszud

mjszud Captain

read & understood :angel:

15. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

Got it. The squee made me smile. :)