places you want to see

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Nick3167, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Nick3167

Nick3167 Rookie

This thread is for those who want to see someplace (i.e. Europe, Africa, somewhere in America they have never been) and talk about what it is about this place that interests them.

I for example want to see the south (i.e. Arkansas, Texas, Alabama...)

If you want info on what to see please ask I have been to several places in Europe ask anything and if I can answer I will

2. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

ooh good idea. i've seen pretty much most of the places i want to see - although for some reason the more i see, the more i decide i want to see...

i've seen quite a bit of america (at least compared to most brits!): new england, florida (although not the bit most people see, no horatio where i went ;) ), las vegas (which was like being on another planet but a lot of fun, and i saw the canyon & dam there too), alabama, mississippi, louisiana, georgia, but i've never done the west coast and would love to, and there's a lot of the midwest i'd really like to see, including chicago.

the big things in the mid-east i wanted to see were egypt (most of it! i had a bit of an obsession) and petra in jordan, as well as jerusalem - i've seen all those now but would be quite happy to go again :)

as for europe, i've seen the usual bits, italy, france, germany, austria, (but oddly enough never spain or portugal, unless you count a week in the canaries when i was 4!), greece, turkey, bulgaria, poland, etc, but i'd like to see more of eastern europe (mainly because i LOVE the food), the balkans etc.

i've crossed russia (from belarus to vladivostok) by train but there is a lot more of russia i'd love to see, it's not somewhere you can do justice to in one trip really.

i did russia by train, and had a blast, it was an amazing way to see a place, so my next big trip idea is to take a similar train ride across the US. the way i see it, i've done one half of the cold war, i may as well do the other.

i've seen malaysia, and sri lanka but i'm not generally interested in india or the far east, primarily because the humidity really doesn't agree with me, it triggers my bipolar and makes me very depressed, very fast. there's a lot i'd love to see in india, thailand, vietnam, etc but i just think i'd be suicidal within weeks and not appreciate it. i'd rather see those things on tv and remain sane.

i'd like to see more of australia too - sydney is one of the coolest places i've ever been, i really loved it, and the tarmac at melbourne airport was really exciting too... but it's a huge place so i'd love to see more.

see, everywhere i go, i feel glad i've seen it and then think "but i haven't seen enough!"

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  3. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Oh, me and my best friend were actually talking about this yesterday. :D

I'd like to see:
    New York (Going in January, can't wait!).
    Paris (Been, but only seen the airport and Disneyland).
    Berlin (Been to Germany, but only the western side).
    Vienna.
    Las Vegas.
    New Orleans.
    Mount Rushmore.
    California.
    The Hoover Damn and Grand Canyon.
    Vietnam.

Those are the ones I can think of, off the top of my head, if I think of any other, I'll come back and edit this. :D

4. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Oooh, cool thread. :D

I'd definitely like to see New York. I'm still trying to talk my parents into taking one last vacation with me before their retirement. :p

Of course I'm not the biggest fan of planes and it's about a 6-12hour flight depending on whether it's direct or we stop (most likely Chicago or Toronto). Not to mention the hotels where I want to stay are waaaaay past my price range. :lol: But we'll see how it goes.

I'd also like to visit the southern states.

5. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

haha, yeah, it's not exactly representative ;)

6. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I spent the summer in Alaska when I was in high school (*coughcough*1985*coughcough*) and I'd love to go back.

7. smacked4ever

smacked4ever Prime Suspect

i would like to go to datona and bristol moror speedways being that i am a fan of nascar racing and would really like to see those two tracks up close. i would also like to go to japan since i lived there many years ago and would like to see it again now that i can remember it more.

8. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I want to see New York City! I am really impressed by the view of NYC featured on CSI: NY that's why I like to go there. Everytime the show comes to NY, I get excited and love the episodes filmed there. I want to have some pictures with Empire State Building, Central Park, Times Square, Brooklyn Bridge, and all around the city.

9. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

* I would like to return to Vancouver, as I thought it was a lovely city. I would also like to see more of Canada in general.

* United States have some cities that I would like to visit, mainly some of the big and wellknown ones. Like Los Angeles, New York, Washington, Boston, Seattle, Chicago and Las Vegas. But they have more than only cities. I mean, Grand Canyon would be awesome, just like Mount Rushmore. From what I have seen of Alaska so far, it would be somewhere I wanna go too. Would probably be great to go camping in Alaska.

It would also be nice to travel around in following countries:
    * New Zeeland
    * Australia
    * Japan
    * India
    * South Africa

10. *Stardust*

*Stardust* Prime Suspect

I've been a lot of places already but I'd like to see sooo much more like all the States in the US I haven't visited yet (I've been to Washington State - my favourite -, California, New York, Virginia, Pennsylvania, North and South Carolina and Florida), especially the New England States, the Southern States... and Alaska!! The same applies for all the Canadian provinces I haven't been to. Canada's my favourite country in the whole world but I've only been to Ontario (I lived in Toronto for two months ten years ago) and BC so far. Been to Canada four times and I want to go back this summer.

other places I really really want to visit:
    Australia
    New Zealand
    South America
    Finland
    Norway again and again (been there 8 times)
    Sweden again
    France again
    South Africa
    Scotland (have been to England 6 times but I always only went to London and once to Oxford)
    Northern Ireland (only been to the South so far)
    Thailand
    Vietnam
    Japan
    pretty much everything! ;)

As for American cities and things:
    NYC as often I as I can (been there twice! going back this May! :D)
    Chicagoooo!!
    Washington DC again (loved it when I first visited)
    Los Angeles
    Las Vegas
    Grand Canyon
    Mount Rushmore
    San Francisco again
    San Diego
    Seattle again for sure! (been there twice)
    Nashville
    New Orleans
    Miami again
    Boston

Adorable_crazy
    Seriously? I work in Vienna ;)

11. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

If you haven't been to The Rockies (on the Alberta side), you should definitely visit them. :D I'm going there in a couple weeks to get away from the city -like every spring/summer- and take photos.

I've been to BC, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario and Quebec but I'd really love to see The Maritimes. Oh and The Territories, as well as Alaska are on my list too.

Lucky! Hope you both enjoy yourselves there. :)

12. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i love all you guys that wanna go to NYC. i live like 20 minutes outside the city and i can see the sky line from my college campus. NYC is an incredible place i never get sick of going.

this thread is awesome!! there are so many places in Europe i would love to visit:
    - England/London (i'll be there is the summer!! i'm doing a study abroad program there through Kingston University)
    - Paris (will also be there in the summer!)
    - Normandy
    - Nice
    - Italy/Vatican City= as an art history major and lover of Renaissance art this country is like my holy grail. i would love to become a scholar in the art of the Vatican
    - Ireland
    -Austria
    -California

13. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I live in California, I was born in Los Angeles, and it's gorgeous for sure, but the traffic will kill you, and there's earthquakes on a daily basis, scary. One of the big faults the San Andreas is here. so:(

I also lived in Las Vegas, and the town is so full of glitter and glitz, & constant excitment, you change into a different person, so I moved back to CA.

I've been to New York and love it, no place like it anywhere! a nice place and wonderful people:bolian:

Also been to Canada and it's breathtaking~

In the U.S. I've always pined to see New Orleans, and Savannah GA.

Across the pond, England..France.. Holland..[my heritage] and Sweden also my grandpa was born there, and Ireland~

Others probably Hawaii and some cities in South America~

14. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

I've been lucky enough to have been to most of the US, but I still have 6 more states to visit..South Carolina, North Dakota, Idaho, Oregon, Alaska, and Hawaii.

Once that's done, I'd like to visit all the Canadian provinces. So far, I only have British Columbia. :)

Overseas, I've been to England and Wales. I'd love to go back and see more of them, but I'd like to see Scotland and Ireland too.

Also, someday, I'd like to make it to Australia and New Zealand.

Oh heck, just everywhere..I love to travel! :lol:

15. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i love vienna, i've been twice, but not for a long time, it's a really beautiful city.

nice! i live very close to kingston (although i'm technically in london and kt technically isn't), and a good friend of mine lives there (and went to the uni there), so if you need any hints on the place, let me know!