"Pick and Roll" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I think Frybynight is too new to have the PM function, but you are always welcome to post whatever you like in an episode thread. It has a spoiler warning on it, so anyone who reads it, especially on show night, should know what they are getting into. :)

2. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

What a boring episode...

Good points:

- Lots of good forensics.
    - Brass was on top-form throughout the entire evening.
    - Henry got some decent time and I liked Hodges' own little investigation into the basketball.

Then there's where my praise for the episode runs thin. The case was pretty dull and unmemorable. Was there really any need for the second dead body half way through? I thought that was ridiculous. Admittedly, I didn't guess who the killer was but I'll put that down to me completely forgetting he existed.

I'm going to jump on the "there was too much of DB's family" bandwagon because I really think it ruined the episode, not only by its over-excess but also due to the fact that it kept cropping up every five minutes which disrupted the flow of the episode. DB himself has been written very inconsistently so far this season, going down the "Karma to Burn" route instead of maintaining his supervisory role in episodes 3 - 5.

I did like the "buddy" like relationship between DB and Charlie but I have no interest in his girlfriend problems nor do I particularly want to see him any time soon. Little dosages is fine but when you consider he got more screentime than Nick, Sara, Greg, Morgan and Finn COMBINED, I can't help but not care for his character.

I've been enjoying Season 13 so far but I'm hoping the writers stray away a bit from the personal storylines. There are many other ways to develop a character than having the case be overly personal to them. No more like this one please.

Rating: 6.7/10

3. Smokey

It wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. I liked the spread of screen time, but I suspect they've invested a lot in the set of DB's house because we've certainly seen a lot of it. I don't think we need to be invited into his living room again any time soon.

I really enjoyed Hodges in this one. I like him. And I liked his scenes with Sara and Morgan. :)

It was okay, but c'mon...enough of trouble and danger following DB's family since they moved to Vegas.

4. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I saw this episode and I liked it. Grant it, I don't watch this show very often.

I have to admit, I felt bad for Charlie but I guess Vanessa never told him.

Finn actually didn't annoy me this time around but she wasn't in this one very much.

Is this the first time we have heard DB have a son before this episode?

As usual, a conflict of interest gets ignored. :shifty:

5. Smokey

He's been in two or three episodes before this, and as with Russell's wife and other family has been mentioned way too much. (in my opinion, of course. ;) )

6. byline

byline CSI Level One

I thought it was an OK episode. I guess I'm getting really tired of these cases when it's so obvious that a CSI should recuse him-/herself. It used to happen only occasionally, but now it seems to be happening every other episode. I wish the writers and/or the powers that be would give the audience some credit for intelligence. It's really starting to grate on my nerves, and I feel it detracts from what could have been a good case. Just have DB recuse himself from this one and have a B case for him to work on. But sadly, this seems to be a pattern that, once started, they won't let go of.

P.S. Yeah, I kept half-expecting Lady Heather to show up. And one of the few bright spots was that Brass was back to his old self. And Finn was doing a whole lot less smirking this time around, so I found myself warming up to her. (Has anyone seen Hamlet 2? Hubby and I watched it a couple of weekends ago, and I think it's turned me into an Elisabeth Shue fan. She's hilarious!)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012