"Pick and Roll" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Series: 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation'
    Episode Title: 'Pick and Roll'
    Episode Number: 1306
    Synopsis: "Things get personal when D.B. Russell is drawn into the investigation of the death of his son's basketball coach."
    Original Airdate
    : November 07, 2012

Written By: Rick Eid
    Directed By: Alec Smight

Guest Stars:

• Brandon W. Jones as Charlie Russell
    • Peri Gilpin as Barbara Russell
    • Robert Mammana as Coach Tom Burns
    • Theodore Borders as TJ Fair
    • Michael Gross as President Rob Austin
    • Bryan Callen as Jack Oxford
    • Kevin Mondane Jr as Assistant Coach
    • Italia Ricci as Vanessa Drake
    • Alexie Gilmore as Linda Burns
    • Elaine Tan as Miss Lotus

2. Joycie84

Joycie84 CSI Level One

3. Ipstenu

Ipstenu Police Officer Premium Member

4. Frybynight

Frybynight Hit and Run

Lots of Russell family drama but nicely balanced with a forensics heavy episode.Was pleasantly surprised that I actually enjoyed it.A DB centric episode but nobody felt left out.A little Greg light but plenty of Hodges.Loved mention of one of our well known Canadian greats James Naismith the inventor of the game of basketball.

5. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

How do you see the eps early?

6. Frybynight

Frybynight Hit and Run

Like a west coast feed my cable package has an east coast feed from the Atlantic provinces and they are in another time zone.I really try to give my opinion without revealing too much and ruining it for other viewers.I hope I am succeeding.

7. MacsGirlMel

Would you be averse to telling more privately? Not tonight,too late,but for other eps?

Man this would have been a good ep for a Lady Heather cameo lol

Lol Nick and Russell at Mistress Z's

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  8. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Yeah seems to be a pattern this year :(

9. Frybynight

Frybynight Hit and Run

I don't believe I am giving any details that would ruin the enjoyment or surprise for anyone.There are spoilers out there that give more information than I do.I have been careful about what I write and feel that being told to do it privately is rather insulting.I watch a television broadcast that is early but so do many here and they don't refrain even those on the west coast have not seen it.I also only write where there is a spoiler banner.Sorry you feel the way you do but I feel I am following the rules.

10. MacsGirlMel

Ok is it next week already? I wanna see that!

I never said you were wrong...sorry if you thought I did. I just meant I could PM for details but I won't if you don't want it. That's why I inquired first.

11. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Yeah, tonight would have been perfect for a Heather visit or at least a mention

Real similarities to the Penn State scandal

Lots of Hodges

Little Greg again! :scream: Starting to really get ticked off over here

Okay, less personal stuff and more processing. We see the sex toys back at the lab but do we see them discovering them? No. Even the man cave? No. Do we see the CSIs processing Oxford's crime scene? No

12. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

Pretty good episode. Great use of forensics. The twists on who did it were interesting. Lady Heather could've made an appearance! Very funny with Nick and DB meeting Mistress Z. Right away I said awkward, than she did. I really enjoyed some Hodges action! Sara should've gotten the credit--how it wasn't a shoe. Really great team dynamic, getting to see a little of everyone. The only things I didn't like: Danson's/DB's glasses, the style Jorja's/Sara's hair has been, and how many personal/home scenes from the Russell's! I LOVE DB and his family, but my god we've seen enough to last us six years! How about personal stuff for the cast members who have been there since the beginning? All-in-all, great episode. Can't wait to see next weeks involving/mentioning Warrick...I won't even begin on the conflict of interest because I know, it's TV ;)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  13. Frybynight

Frybynight Hit and Run

Sorry I misunderstood what you were saying sure you can PM me but I warn you I am a complete novice with them but am willing to attempt something new.(I bet it's easier then I think)

14. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

After this one I hope we won't get to see any more "DB & family at home and/or at the office" at least for the next 10 episodes. We got such a scene almost every 5-10 minutes, it was worse than having Finn around. Maybe if the premiere hadn't been DB-centered it wouldn't be a big deal, but it felt like too much too soon... Okay episode otherwise, I liked how the ending was unpredictable for a change, as the suspects have been too easy to spot so far.

They seriously have to cut down on the Russells, please no more... :shifty:

15. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

SOlid episode but they need to cut down on the family time. It's nice to know DB has a life outside of work but that can be shown in bits and pieces. I still want to know how he didn't get pulled on this case as well.
    Nice twist on the killer for a change. Nice having to guess every once in a while.