Photoshop Elements Help Thread

Dragonfly

~Queen of Sarcasm~
This is a thread for anyone who uses Photoshop Elements. There are separate threads for Photoshop and Photoshop CS.

In here, you can discuss the program, how-to's, ask questions, etc.

All of the normal board and forum rules apply in here. If you're not sure what they are, check out the Fan Art Forum Guide.

Enjoy!

Oooooo.....excellent idea! Thanks! I use Photoshop Elements 6....I even have a "for Dummies" book, but it still baffles me sometimes. :lol:

Oooooo.....excellent idea! Thanks! I use Photoshop Elements 6....I even have a "for Dummies" book, but it still baffles me sometimes. :lol:

I'm just NOT going to say anything about that..:guffaw:

I'm considering getting a version of Photoshop and Elements seem to be a good starting point. Recommended?

I personally love my photoshop elements 5.0....but I am actually considering getting CS4 if I can find it at a decent price.

Photoshop Elements is pretty good, I used the 6.0 version until I got the CS2 version. It knows some neat and useful tricks other versions don't. The only thing I missed was the Pen Tool, but I'm obsessed with it and use it a lot, so it's different. But I'd definitely recommend you to get it:)

I'm just NOT going to say anything about that..:guffaw:

pft.gif

I'm considering getting a version of Photoshop and Elements seem to be a good starting point. Recommended?

I like it....at least what I can understand of it so far. :lol: I'm not sure what it's missing compared to actual Photoshop tho.

Too name a few - selective coloring, color balance, curves, layer mask etc

I have a question:

My dad has some Adobe Photoshop Elements CD's lying around that I came around today, my question is would it be worth installing it just as a back up incase my something happens to my PS CS3? And how do elements compare with photoshop in terms of what you can do with the program. Also does anyone have links to some tutorials specifically for elements?
Thanks in advanced!

i think you should. i have mine as a back up. it does alot of things but not nearly as much in terms of coloring. like there's no selective coloring or curvesbut it still has some of the other elemets(levels, photofilter). and also i like it in a pinch because you can use psd's with it. including ones with selective coloring and so forth, you just can't change the settings.

Sophia - nothing wrong with Elements....that is all I use! I can't afford the full versions of photoshop!

Back