Photoshop Elements Help Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Dragonfly, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

This is a thread for anyone who uses Photoshop Elements. There are separate threads for Photoshop and Photoshop CS.

In here, you can discuss the program, how-to's, ask questions, etc.

All of the normal board and forum rules apply in here. If you're not sure what they are, check out the Fan Art Forum Guide.

Enjoy!

2. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Oooooo.....excellent idea! Thanks! I use Photoshop Elements 6....I even have a "for Dummies" book, but it still baffles me sometimes. :lol:

3. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

I'm just NOT going to say anything about that..:guffaw:

I'm considering getting a version of Photoshop and Elements seem to be a good starting point. Recommended?

4. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

I personally love my photoshop elements 5.0....but I am actually considering getting CS4 if I can find it at a decent price.

5. Stee

Stee Lab Technician

Photoshop Elements is pretty good, I used the 6.0 version until I got the CS2 version. It knows some neat and useful tricks other versions don't. The only thing I missed was the Pen Tool, but I'm obsessed with it and use it a lot, so it's different. But I'd definitely recommend you to get it:)

6. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

[​IMG]

I like it....at least what I can understand of it so far. :lol: I'm not sure what it's missing compared to actual Photoshop tho.

7. CSI_Kat

Too name a few - selective coloring, color balance, curves, layer mask etc

8. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

I have a question:

My dad has some Adobe Photoshop Elements CD's lying around that I came around today, my question is would it be worth installing it just as a back up incase my something happens to my PS CS3? And how do elements compare with photoshop in terms of what you can do with the program. Also does anyone have links to some tutorials specifically for elements?
    Thanks in advanced!

9. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

i think you should. i have mine as a back up. it does alot of things but not nearly as much in terms of coloring. like there's no selective coloring or curvesbut it still has some of the other elemets(levels, photofilter). and also i like it in a pinch because you can use psd's with it. including ones with selective coloring and so forth, you just can't change the settings.

10. CSI_Kat

Sophia - nothing wrong with Elements....that is all I use! I can't afford the full versions of photoshop!