Photography Competition: You and your camera - WINNERS UP!

BlueCurl

Pathologist
---- CURRENT THEME ----
Theme: you and your camera!
Extra: First of all, I dare all moderators and up! Don't be afraid to be on the photo. It is just this once. Some rules: You have to be on the photograph with your photocamera. This means indeed that you have to make a photograph of yourself. The use of any reflecting surface would be recommended, your stretched hand, a tripod with the time delay function and so on is allowed! It is not allowed that somebody else pushes the botton even when you told that person how to hold the camera with you and your camera in sight! This is a competition that isn't anonymous and I will enter as well and yes I will be honest with voting and counting! It is just this once that it will be a non-anonymous competition! Just so we can see the faces behind the photographers entering each time. Please don't be shy!
Deadline for submitting a photograph for this theme:
- 31 july 2007 at 6pm GMT (this board's time)
Late entries won't be accepted!

---- NEXT THEME ----
Theme: CSI
Extra: none
Deadline for submitting a photograph for this theme:
- Somewhere around 10th of August
You can already send in your entry!

---- UPCOMING THEMES ----
No guarantees and in random order:
- Amusement/Theme Park (extra: will probably occur around september)
- Serie shoot (extra: will be explained later)
- Abandoned (extra: none)
- Harbours (extra: none
- Garbage (extra: none)
- Your idea here? PM me!

---- RULES ----
Please read them very carefully before taking your photograph and submitting it for entry.

1. It’s entirely up to you how you interpret the theme, although I would advise you not to enter something too abstract that may be considered as having little or no relation to the theme. However the person(s) who make this competition can always dissaprove a submitted photograph when it is not related to the theme or holds dissaproved content.

2. You are only allowed to submit ONE photograph for each theme. However when you think you made a better one after already submitting one and the deadline has not passed you can submit one again. The one submitted before will be deleted. This means that both themes that are mentioned at the beginning can be submited from the moment the theme has been given an (approx.) deadline. Don't forget to mention which theme which photo is for!

3. The photograph you submit must be your own work, i.e. it has to have been taken by you. Don’t submit something your friend or family took, or something you found on the internet. It is a very sad and unfair thing to do.

4. The photograph must NOT be manipulated in any way using Photoshop or any other such program. This competition is about how good a photograph you can take, not about what you can do with an image using Photoshop, etc. That is what the Fan Art forum is for.

5. Entries must be no larger than 600x480 pixels. If they are, I will ask you to re-size it.

If people consistently do not follow these rules, or I see signs of any unfairness, I will not hesitate to stop these competitions. The rules are to make things fair, so please do follow them so everyone can enjoy the competitions. Sometimes some of the rules will be bend a bit when mentioned with the description of the theme!

---- UPLOAD YOUR PHOTO ----
Once you have taken your photograph, you should upload it to your own webspace, such as a Photobucket account, and PM me the link.

---- WINNERS ----
Winners (1st, 2nd and 3rd) may each receive a banner, available from me upon request via PM.

---- THE END ----
Any questions, please either post them here, or PM me.
Thanks and enjoy making your photograph!

Re: Photography Competition: You and your camera

I have awesome ideas for these next challenges!!! I love the themes!! You are doing a great job BlueCurl!

Thanks for hosting these BlueCurl, I'm totally in for this theme. *runs off to go work on her idea*

Oh... I'm awful at taking pictures of myself... believe me, it's something I've tried many times. That being said... I'm in!

neato! i may have to try this out tomorrow when my family is gone. then they wont wonder why im posing around the house taking pictures of myself! :lol: plus i intend to dress up :D

eta: hold on, reading over again im confused. maybe im just not creative is all... :lol: but it seems all the ways you suggested taking the picture (apart from the reflective surface) would not result in the camera being in the shot as well. am i correct in thinking the actual camera taking the picture is the one to be in the photo?

I do not like taking photos of myself so I will pass on this one. :)

I already have an image for this one. Yup, I can't wait.

Bluecurl, you're doing a great job with this competition. Thanks for doing it.

@ the one that voted that not everything is clear. PM me or let me know here what is unclear!

But I'm glad people are liking the competition. I like running it and I am trying very hard to make up themes that are somewhat different :lol: and make all of you work a little for it!

Once again: If you guys have nice ideas for the competition I'm open for that! Just let my know your suggestions here or by PM

I'm gonna be on a holiday from 20 to approx. 29th of August. Long week in the UK :rolleyes:
But I'll figure out a way to keep you guys busy with your camera... Don't worry! I think I already have a good solution for then! But I won't be answering any of your PM then! Unless the campsites have wireless internet connections. But I really doubt that by a 100%! (Gotta take my laptop with me to empty my memory cards from my camera :lol:)

my mom left today with the camera in her purse, so tomorrow ill have to go with plan b :lol:

but i was able to get my csi shot in today! :D ill send them both to you when i do this competition shot tomorrow.

i like how youre doing the photo competitions BlueCurl! i especially like that they are a little different and make us think ;)

Folks!?! Remember that your camera has to be on the photograph as well.. See initial post for further info! For the entries without camera's on it... You can send it in again with one that has a camera!

Don't worry, bluecurl, everything is very well explained. I just checked when closes the competition and I think I may be able to summit my photo on time, only I´ll have to do it with the digital one.

I think I'm in! :)

Question...My whole face has to appear in the photo?

Not entirely but I won't accept photos with to less of a face on it. So keep it real and you'll be fine!!

ETA: about three days left and I've only got 3 entries so far!
ETA2: Well actually 4. I forgot to count my own photo :rolleyes:

Back