Peyton vs. Lindsay -- Who Do You Like More?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, Jan 5, 2007.

1. allieluv_csi

allieluv_csi Lab Technician

i voted for lindsay..im a D/L shipper and i cant ship them with out the both of them:confusing:. I absolutly love Anna and i think she pulls lindsay off in every episode she does, so what if she adds some drama..there are lots of shows that add drama..other forensic based shows. I voted for peyton to leave..its not that i dont like her..because i do..but i never really hit it off with her..it just felt like she was honing in on the territory..but thats my opinion.

2. devildoll

devildoll Hit and Run

IMHO that because you choose Peyton, like Top41 said, a recurring guest star, with only 5 appearances so far, as the comparison, isn't it normal that Lindsay should be more popular, given she's been a regular cast for 1.5 years already. It will be more interesting if Peyton is the popular one. :)

3. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

But from many posts/reviews/entries I have read on many sites, I have seen that besides from DannyLindsay!action, they dislike her, because of her whining and her unusuefulness. When Peyton came along, the same thing happened. It was split 50/50 for her. So that's where It came across to me that these characters were related in a way.

4. Muzzy_Olorea

Muzzy_Olorea Lab Technician

I love Lindsay so obviously I wouldn't have said I wanted her to leave first but even IF I didn't like her then I wouldn't have said she should leave because taking out such a main character, having built up her story and then have her leave would be a pretty good way to ruin the show no matter what you think of the character themselves.

5. aftertherain

aftertherain Victim

I like Lindsay better. I feel like Peyton's sole purpose on the show is Mac's love interest. If it was beyond that, well, it would depend.

6. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

Lindsay. I love her. :)

Peyton? Not so much. I may be a little biased as a SMacked shipper though.

7. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Not necessarily. Plenty of good and not-so-good characters have left shows and the shows have survived. Unless the character is the lead (ie, Buffy in Buffy the Vampire Slayer), the show can usually survive the loss of a regular character.

And by your logic, Aiden's leaving would have already ruined CSI: NY. ;)

8. Muzzy_Olorea

Muzzy_Olorea Lab Technician

Hehe. I knew that someone would mention Aiden so I guess I should rephrase my point to 'If main characters in the show keep on leaving .....'

Also, I'm a bit rusty as to Season one but was Aiden's character built up as much as Lindsay's in terms of backstory, 'dark secret', relationships etc.?

9. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

ER would beg to differ with you. ;) As would Law & Order.

No, but I would say they got about equal development in their first seasons, and Aiden's character was nowhere near as controversial among the fans.

10. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

I can't stand Peyton. Oh, God, so pathetic. Why is she always crying? Every time something happens it's like, here come the waterworks!

And I kinda lost a little bit of respect for her when she went back to Mac. "Hi, um, I still love my wife, and I'm a workaholic, and I know we've been together FOR A YEAR, but yeah, every time we have sex I'm thinking of another woman, and every time the lab needs me, you know I'm gonna be here. But if you don't mind being third on the list of things that are important to me, you know, can you take me back? Oh, bear in mind that Stella will occasionally be more important to me than you. And I mean occasionally like, always. So basically you're like, number four. Still, number four isn't so bad, right? You still get a ribbon for participation. Yeah, come on, let's give it another go. It's been a year. Wait, what's your name again? No, no, I got it, I got it."

And she actually took him back! Jesus Christ. Whatever. I'll take the ball buster over Sally Sensitive any day.

11. devildoll

devildoll Hit and Run

From what I can remember, in all her scenes (15 scenes in 5 episodes, if i counted correctly), she actually cried ONCE. :confused:

And it is glad to know people's opinion, but I thought at least it should base on fact.

12. privatename

privatename Rookie

For me this was easy. While I am not exactly crazy about Lindsey and think she is the weakest member of the main cast, I CAN NOT STAND Peyton.I cringe everytime she is on the screen. She bugs me, I don't feel any chemistry between her and Mac (which is bad since her whole reason for being is to be Mac's love interest) and I think she is very plastic looking and think her acting is a bit wooden somehow.

13. Islandgirl

Islandgirl Police Officer

I like Lindsay. Her "country girl" attitude makes a nice contrast to the urbane sophistication of the rest of the cast.