Petersen: 'Time Is Coming To Do Something Else'

xfcanadian said
It's a shame Miami stole the ideas with the coast guard chases, the shark attacks and body dumps in the everglades. Vegas could have totally done something with that and they could have done Brazil as well! While they are at it, they could have a body dumped from a high rise and central park.

:lol: :lol:

vegaslights said
I think these four episodes were very strong, and Liev brought a very great presence to Keppler. I felt that if William were to have left, Schreiber would have been a great replacement.

I totally agree here. I thought he was a great character and I wouldn't mind if he'd replaced Grissom. Liev is such a versitile actor and I really enjoyed his performance--and the best part is, it still felt like CSI to me. He brought something completely different to the table. It's unfortunate that he chose to be killed off because it would have been great to see Billy switch off for a while and Liev fill in and vice versa. I don't think it was a waste of time for him to be on the show. But I also think Billy's having a bit of burnout so..

The job may be hard, but his life is a lot cushier than a lot of folks. I have oodles of respect for him but I'm sorry--if he wants to leave, just friggin' leave. I'm sure those 200 people he's obligated to will understand that he can't be there forever.

If Billy Petersen leaves bye-bye CSI
nogriss.png
he's the best TV star, and the best actor, to me there is, and gives this show the OOMPH, that makes it the success that it is, He's a seasoned actor and charismatic and charming, handsome, classy and a elegant man, and one of a kind, he's got an overwhelming powerful presence, that's un-matched! He, in this article sounds like he's in a dilemma. He would like to move on in life, but on the other side of the coin doesn't want to disapoint those who work for him, which makes him a very nice guy ;) The cast members all admire him and respect him and say nothing but commplimentary remarks about him ;)NO one can ever replace him in anyway shape or form!!!!

Some comments about him from Marg..Jorja..& George!

http://www.billypetersen.com/V4/billybio.html

704_000595gif.gif

If he wants to leave, I say let him. Every year he says he's leaving and then says on and gets more money. Seems all he wants is the pay raise....

xfcanadian covered everything that I wanted to say, it's like we share a brain. :)

You may think that his sensitivity towards the spinoff is exaggerated but I really understand his point of view. Of course, it's difficult to say that without hurting the fans. And I don't think it is out of jealousy because CSI has always doing well, and is still doing well after 8 years. I think he is sincere and that he is really hurt.

I understand you are tired of hearing him saying that he will leave. He seems very spontaneous, he tells what he feels at the moment he feels it (I'am not sure I'am clear :rolleyes:) maybe he talks too much, he should have kept it for him. Ok you are right, it's tiring and it's a flaw, but... just a small flaw :D

I applude Peterson for respecting the 200 people they employ, but is he saying the only way to keep CSI on the air is to keep HIM?

I enjoy the character very much, & I agree w/out him it would be different, but I think the show could go on.

At the time Keppler was on, I missed Grissom, but when I watch those old epis now, I really liked them & Keppler's character. He was a breath of fresh air, basically im saying that at first (if he actually left) I would miss his character but eventually would get used to having a new face.

I think Marg would be great to rplace his CSI position, but I hear she might be splitting as well :(

The show without Grissom & Catherine....I don't think it would hold up.
I love Greg, Nick & Warrick as well, but w/out those other 2 it wouldn't leave much of the original cast & that's wierd.

Not to start flying rumors, but I read that Nick Stokes could be heading into Grissom's position.....could it possibly be a way for Peterson's exit?
Maybe this time, he's not just "talking".

If your so unhappy just go already. He says the same thing every time he interviews. Three lines of dialogue a week for $500 grand,,Yep I say its time to move on to something else.

I had noticed he doesn't give many interviews, but I didn't know that he had said this previously. Now that I know about it... :rolleyes:

Seriously, I find it a little bitter to talk bad about the spin-offs. I don't see nothing wrong with them. I understand that it gets harder for writers to come up with plot ideas, but that is because the show has been runing for 8 years. Miami and NY have different styles. And besides, it's the writers job to come up with new ideas, they won't ever ban the other crime shows either, although sometimes they make use of the same stories, so the spin-offs are not their biggest problem, are they?

As for his position, I realise it must be tiring for an actor to play the same character for so long. But I'm sure many wouldn't mind to have his role and to get paid like he does. Seriously, if you don't want to be there anymore, just go already! As someone said, he's making it sound like he doesn't even like CSI :confused: And as for keeping employed everyone envolved, although that seems a kind gesture to me, I think the show could survive without him. As an actor/character. But he's also a producer, or is him? I don't know how that would affect it, but I think that wouldn't be a problem either. I think in the first seasons, Grissom was CSI's image, but nowadays I believe the fan base is pretty expanded to every other character.

Either way, even if he does leave, I think the show can survive. To me, personally, Jorja's leaving was a bigger loss to the cast, and they seem to keep it going. I think Marg/Catherine could take Grissom's place, with no problem, and they could just bring a new young CSI, and give the show a breath of fresh air :cool:

Just my two cents.

vegaslights said:
I think these four episodes were very strong, and Liev brought a very great presence to Keppler. I felt that if William were to have left, Schreiber would have been a great replacement. And William had said on the Season 7 DVD set, that he wished that Liev and him could have switched off and on every couple eps. However Keppler was killed off on Liev's wishes.
Dude, I totally agree with you. I really enjoyed the Keppler episodes. He was a very strong replacement and a breath of fresh air. To be honest, I preferred him. It's a shame we didn't see more of him.

I'm sorry, but I'm bored of this. For god sake, if your going to go, then go! I don't watch CSI because of Grissom. CSI will be fine without him.

To each ones own, I fell totally the opposite, WP is the star of CSI, no matter how you slice, dice or disect it. The rest of the cast is amazing and their fantastic together, however if he goes, and I think he might, my opinion is the ratings will plumment. I ran in to some people I know yesterday before the Super Bowl, and the first thing they said, was how great Gary was in last week's ep. but the conversation got around to Grissom, and how he's the shinning star on CSI, A 1000 watt bulb in a 100 watt world and I find this, on the fans I talk to, most bring up his name, more than the others ;) and how phenomenal he is. The only time I was bored out of my mind on past episodes, was when that Keppler/Leiv guest star was on CSI, he mumbled and had a flat monotone voice and was beyond boring.. I was so glad when they snuffed him..and Grissom came back. ;)

The ratings were just as high when Billy was gone for those 4 eps. The CSI franchise is one of the highest rated televison shows, even after the other person left the ratings didn't drop much. So the show has staying power with or without him.

Seems your spontanious poll of people is a bit one sided. Besides there tend to be more that don't want to hear the same thing over and over, so I wish Billy would just make up his mind and stop sitting on the fence.

desertwind said:
when that Keppler/Leiv guest star was on CSI, he mumbled and had a flat monotone voice and was beyond boring..

and i find grissom has become beyond boring. but like you said, to each their own.

csi is heading in a downward spiral lately. the stories just arent as interesting anymore, its like they are running out of steam. i find it highly presumptious that billy thinks his leaving will be the end of the show. unless the quality of the show turns around, i think they only have a few seasons left anyway. with or without grissom.

he should have left the first time he said he was going to. then maye they could have freshened up the show that has become pretty stale.

I find Keppler real boring, he never smile and he is mumbled a lot so I can read closed caption what he said. Grissom is much better then Keppler. Like Desertwind said, each ot their own. If I want someone to replace Grissom, mmm, I can't think of who can replace Grissom. Like Carol M. said, (If I believe her.) It hard to find replacement for Grissom.

vegaslights said:

While CSI ranks #1 amongst the three most of the time in the USA, Miami is the most watched show in the world..

That doesn't mean it's a good show. Heck, millions of people watch reality shows, but it just means a whole lot of people have questionable taste in television shows. For example, "Baywatch" used to be watched by millions of people worldwide. Did that make it a good show? Hell no!

vegaslights said:

Just because his show was the first one created doesn't mean his show is the better child of the three.

I agree with that absolutely; however, in my opinion only, it IS the best of the three. I enjoy the actors on the Las Vegas show a lot more than I do the other two. I bonded with them, just like I bonded with the original cast of "ER". Again, just my opinion.

I see then actually as CSI could be ripping off Law & Order, as Law & Order was created WAY before CSI's creation and has been running way longer.

Sorry, but that makes no sense to me. I was only saying that there are too many versions of "Law and Order" on TV. Where's the diversity? Same with CSI...same theme; only the cities and actors are different.

I really do enjoy these discussions. Don't you wish we had some new episodes to discuss? :)

and i find grissom has become beyond boring. but like you said, to each their own.

Grissom hasn't been relevant in a long time...his character is pointless, ordinary and boring now. I used to love him, now i couldn't care less if he was there.

That doesn't mean it's a good show. Heck, millions of people watch reality shows, but it just means a whole lot of people have questionable taste in television shows. For example, "Baywatch" used to be watched by millions of people worldwide. Did that make it a good show? Hell no!

what is wrong with reality shows?? :lol: I love them. But just because you personally don't think they are good, doesn't mean that they are bad shows. About 15 million people in the US think Miami is a good show...me included.

Sorry, but that makes no sense to me. I was only saying that there are too many versions of "Law and Order" on TV. Where's the diversity? Same with CSI...same theme; only the cities and actors are different.

The ratings suggest otherwise. All three CSI's are in the top 10 this season, as well as NCIS and criminal minds. People love crime dramas.

I don't like the idea of Petersen leaving. First of all ,for me, Gill Grissom is a very original character. Well at least he doesn't act like a superhero, like the other main characters. He acts as a scientist, because he is a scientist :p I am NOT despising the other shows,just saying i find Grissom ''original'', i like to watch his egarness in the lab, his leading the team...whatever. And Petersen's acting is great.

On the other hand i think Petersen is talking sensible here. There are three CSIs, yeah they have different styles but it still means similar stories and similar stories kill the creativity. Why do the producers do similar shows? Because the vievers like it and it means rating+money... But like i said before too much CSI (like Toots said :) ) kill the creativity. As a viever to me, sometimes it is boring. As a an actor to Petersen it should be tiring... I repeat i don't despise the other CSIs , i don't think Petersen is jealous or despise, too. Just an opinion ;)

On the other hand if he leaves i will still be watching CSI but I don't wanna see another man in place of him.

Back