Petersen: 'Time Is Coming To Do Something Else'

Let's see if I can hit all the points I want to discuss. This is a really interesting topic and I wish we had new episodes to discuss, just like Toots mentioned. :)

Liev is such a versitile actor and I really enjoyed his performance--and the best part is, it still felt like CSI to me. He brought something completely different to the table.

He was! I remember when he was first casted way before his episodes ran and I was grunting over a replacement. I had seen him in The Manchurian Candidate and enjoyed him in that, but was worried about him on CSI. His role on CSI was very much worth watching and I was hoping Billy had stayed longer. I really thought Liev brought a very different taste to the show.

The job may be hard, but his life is a lot cushier than a lot of folks. I have oodles of respect for him but I'm sorry--if he wants to leave, just friggin' leave. I'm sure those 200 people he's obligated to will understand that he can't be there forever.

Acting is hard in general, and when you are on a top show, it's even harder. But when you're making big buck$ for years, and you're finding the hard job and not worth it anymore, then just leave. Because then you're just bringing the atmosphere down on everyone IMHO.

If Billy Petersen leaves bye-bye CSI he's the best TV star

I doubt it would be the end, at least right after he left. And I don't think he's really the best TV star. There's lots of great stars out on the small screen, who do nuch harder jobs than Billy, and work much harder and do more scenes: Kiefer Sutherland for example, and he gets less paid I believe.

I think Marg would be great to rplace his CSI position, but I hear she might be splitting as well

Marg has proven that she can be a lead. She's got the star quality and brings in the audiences. She has that fanbase and she's very attractive, so that's also a plus. ;)

Three lines of dialogue a week for $500 grand

That's the problem I've been having with him lately. He has either one scene, or just a few words. And he's getting the big bucks, and he's complaining how hard his work is.

Dude, I totally agree with you. I really enjoyed the Keppler episodes. He was a very strong replacement and a breath of fresh air. To be honest, I preferred him. It's a shame we didn't see more of him.

I'm sorry, but I'm bored of this. For god sake, if your going to go, then go! I don't watch CSI because of Grissom. CSI will be fine without him.

Liev/Keppler was strong, and his storyline was much more interesting than the GSR one during Season 7 in my opinion. And on the bored front, I'm on the same boat as you. :rolleyes:

WP is the star of CSI

I thought the show was an ensemble cast? :confused:

That doesn't mean it's a good show. Heck, millions of people watch reality shows, but it just means a whole lot of people have questionable taste in television shows. For example, "Baywatch" used to be watched by millions of people worldwide. Did that make it a good show?

Miami hasn't been a good show since the end of Season 3. :lol: I still don't know why people are watching it. :p And on reality shows, I've been watching them because of the Writer's Strike, and they've become addicting. But you are right.

I really do enjoy these discussions. Don't you wish we had some new episodes to discuss?

Like I said above, I do enjoy this and I wish there was a new episode to discuss. :D

Once again a very long post, and some of it probably very pointless. :eek:

William Petersen is the heart and soul of CSI to me, and millions of other fans, and he's a brilliant, classy, elegant, handsome, charismatic smart man, & and un-matched actor and I totally admire and respect him. Here's the latest buzz on him! and his returning! maybe he will and maybe he won't, time will tell ;)

http://www.tvguide.com/Ask-Ausiello

in that case he should just work part time on the show haha!!

i really don't want him to leave-he's the legend of CSI

Hmmm, well I've read some of the replies to this thread.

To be honest, and it’s only my take on it… The character of Grissom and of Catherine, was based partly on two real CSI’s

I don’t know what will happen, nor for how long CSI Las Vegas can and will run for. I don’t work them long hours, or get that handsomely paid either!!, but isn’t it a bit of the grass is greener on the other side.

Personally if that was me, I wouldn’t care if the show had slipped- not that it has- or that I was acting the same stories five years ago lol… As long as I was still getting paid…

But then, I think, Billy is a serious actor. To be honest, I dunno.
As long as I can as an English fan, still see George Eads and Eric Szmanda,- ideally in their own show (wink wink,) I’m fickle…

Yes we all know how much each per episode he gets and all the stars get to act out our favourite characters. I personally can not phantom how much money that is either in English Pounds, or American Dollars.

I mean yes CSI is Massive all over the world. That is not a lie- that is a fact. I think that though, for how long can CSI as a brand continue?

I am a huge fan of the original CSI, but am liking the NY one, but in my honest opinion, the Miami one is just ridiculous. I have watched a few episodes of CSI Miami, but loose interest… Is the show just a glorified adult version of Beverly hills 90210- what I mean is that is it just ‘visually pleasing’ and not character based.

Not everyone on television is attractive- but I think Miami has used its fair share of beautiful women and men.

Back