Petersen, Fox, Dourdan Leave, Larry Fishburne In *No Spoilers* Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Who Will Fill Grissoms Position???

I like the idea of Catherine being primary supervisor and Nick being her lieutenant in a manner of speaking. They could always bring in a new male CSI on a recurring basis. He could offer an extra hand if it is needed. I can't think of any particular actors right now to play him though.

there's a new character being brought onto the show this season to portray a CSI im pretty sure
they'll just move Cath up to supervisor and they'll all be on the same shift again. with sara warrick and grissom gone they'll have Cath,
Nick the new girl and Wendy is going to be in the field this season im pretty sure cause she was contemplating taking a field test.
(They will probably be pursuing the Wendy/Hodges romance thing that they semi-started in season 8 once Grissom and Sara are both gone, sometime around episode 10)
Keppler will not be back because his character was killed off in season 7,
the actor choose that fate for the character because it was a one-time stunt, he had no intentions of returning to the show. :)
This season will most definately be different.

Re: Who Should Replace Grissom???

Because this is George Ead's first time big gig, giving him top bill (as an actor in the show) is unrealistic as much as I think he has earned, it won't happen.

Unless he gets lucky and gets cast in an independant movie that earns him some kind of kudos...TPTB are not that risky

Catherine should be promoted to the top, she's earned it, but definately put Nick second in command because he was promoted to level 3 before Warrick and Sara.

My dream big name star to join CSI would be...Kevin Spacey!!!!

Not gonna happen, but one could dream!!!

Or Geoffrey Rush! Or Stephen Rea or Robert Carlylse-how about an actor with an accent!

Laurence Fishburne-yep!! I could go for that!!! He's a good actor.

Samuel L. Jackson! As long as he doesn't walk into Grissom's office and say, "Get these bleep bleep.....bugs out of the office!!!"

no offence to George Eads, but he simply isn't a strong enough candidate for that role, ie becoming the leading man in CSI.

They need a top name to come into the show, or I really don't think it'd survive by just moving actors up the pecking order. They are lucky that they have two very strong characters and actors in Marg Helgenberger and Paul Guilfoyle though, that'll make it easier for them to plan for a succesful future without Bill Petersen.

I've been thinking about this topic and all I want is that the new supervisor (hopefully Cath!) will be a scientist like Grissom not some superhero like Horatio or Mac. Because that's part of why I love Las Vegas. It's not so over the top as Miami and New York (although I really like New York, Mac can sometimes be so self-righteous)

Plus, wouldn't it be cool to have a female lead for once?

I totally agree with you George Eads does not have what it takes to carry the show as a leading man.

^I think what I was saying about George Eads is that his name isn't big enough-yet. I said nothing about his ability-it's about name recognition and because this is his first big gig (as opposed to WP being an established actor BEFORE CSI), that's what I meant. So I'm not sure what Gameface or leo99 meant, in their postings, but I hope they didn't take my message as an indication of talent. Which George Eads has plenty of, more so then most people who couldn't act their way out of a paper box.

I was talking about name recognition, but I think the two above posters have misinterpreted my previous message and are talking about his talent or ability.

To say 'he does not have what it takes' is a rather blanket statement and unfair because he hasn't been acting as long as William Petersen has.

Well now were talking myfurturecsi Kevin Spacey, phenomenal actor, probably the best on the planet:thumbsup:he can do, or play any role, however he lives in London, and is a hugh movie screen actor, I hardly think he'd do a TV show, no matter how popular, but he's got it, and Stephen Rea as well, I just saw him on the Tom Selleck series. And the I was riveted by this new guy's performance [new to me] on 'The Closer" this week. Jason O'Mara, many KS, moves I'd never seen him before and he was amazing~

JASON O'MARA he's fantastic!

Re: Petersen leaves CSI for good

I found another article about WP leaving. Something that's even more interesting........

Someone REALLY interesting from his past returning"]This article is saying that Lady Heather will be coming back, along with Natalie and Sara.....Can you say interesting, and perhaps making Griss choose?

Problem is, it was on MSN.com yesterday when I logged on to check email and stuff, and I cannot find it now. If anyone can find that, please let me know that I wasn't hallucinating. If I find it, I'll add it, but I've not had any luck so far....

Last edited by a moderator:

HARRISON. FORD. :thumbsup:

Edit: ^ joking.

Although Nick is one of my favorite characters, and I do think he has the ability to take on the main role, I don't think he should, I think the fact that he has the ability is shown through where he is now, if that makes sense to anyone. Like, if he was the supervisor, I think his importance would be less appreciated but some fans, crap, nevermind. Maybe what I'm trying to say, is that with him not being the very main character, his strength as a character on the show is shown more from being held back from supervisor?

Last edited:

I found another article about WP leaving. Something that's even more interesting........

Someone REALLY interesting from his past returning"]This article is saying that Lady Heather will be coming back, along with Natalie and Sara.....Can you say interesting, and perhaps making Griss choose?

GRISSOM has already chosen, in the ep. "CARP" he asked Sara to marry him, so he's waiting for her return, and on LH, whatever, she can't come between them, it's already a go, their engaged.

Last edited by a moderator:

Destiny, I like your thinking re Keppler. If L&O:SVU can do it with Alex, the ADA, why shouldn't CSI? They can say everything was faked to get the bad guys and protect K, but now it's safe for K to return. He was such an interesting character.

They should consider a Canadian actor named Nicholas Campbell.
He starred in the long-running CBC series "DaVinci's Inquest" - another crime procedural type show, so I'm sure he's up to the rigors of a weekly series.

If the rumors that Grissom's replacement will be a former criminology professor turned CSI, I think this guy would be perfect for the part. He combines the perfect amount of Gil's geekiness with a dead-pan seen-it-all burnout quality.

If he weren't already tied down with The Unit, another actor I'd like to see join CSI is Robert Patrick. I loved him as Doggett in the X-Files.

It doesn't necessarily have to be an a-list celebrity to fill the role. Chances are, a B-list actor would actually need the work and would be more likely to stick around for the long haul.

John Billingsley from Star Trek Enterprise would also fit the part of an academic-turned-CSI quite well.

Other possibilities:

- Richard Thomas (I'm NOT joking - I know he was John-Boy, but his acting resume is much bigger than that one famous role)
- Colm Feore (but he looks too much like Marc "Ecklie" Vann)
- Patrick McKenna (good at quirky, nervous, slightly awkward characters)

- Bryan Crantson (another actor known mostly for comedy - which does come in handy on CSI - but has done some fine dramatic work since Malcolm in the Middle went off the air, and has done guest spots on many SCi-Fi shows)
- Avery Brooks (Captain Sisko - haven't seen him in anything since DS9 went off the air, maybe needs the work?)
- Armin Shimmerman (might fit the bill if they're looking for somebody who looks like they might have a genetic deformity)
- Anthony Heald (Doctor Chilton from Silence of the Lambs)
- Kelsey Grammar (Another actor good at playing academic-types, not doing much at the moment)

Thanks for reading my ramblings on the subject.

Who knows. This might be a great opportunity to reinvigorate the show. I've thought for some time that the show needed some new blood to drive some new storylines.

I'm probably in a tiny minority here, but I actually got back into the X-Files when Robert Patrick was brought in the replace David Duchovny, and I especially loved the interaction between Scully and Doggett.

It might be fun to see some new CSIs show up for work and wonder "What the hell did I sign up for?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back