"Peoples Choice: CSI LV" Discussion *Congradulations*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Destiny

Still Sanity Challenged!
Premium Member
I figure if there is a discussion thread about it, It would make it easier. "Airs Live on Tuesday January 10, 2006 @ 9 pm est." (to see other Nominees click the link).

Favorite TV Drama
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (Congradulations!)

William's Speech:

Thank you so much, I think this is why we won all these people voted, (gestering to the people coming on stage and the audiance).

Everybody at CBS, Alliance Atlantis, Jerry Bruckheimer, Jonathan Littman, our great show runner Carol Mendelsohn, Our shows Creater Anthony Zuiker, all of the Producers, Directors, Writers, Actors that are up here, our spectacularly talented production crew, who is still working at this very moment. We all send a collective thank you to all of you people who voted for this.

You know we travel around a little bit and in shopping malls, supermarkets, airports, and people want an autographs, or photograph but mostly they wanna tell us how much they love the show, and they say they carve out their Thursday nights to watch CSI, and their sons and daughters are interested in science again and stuff like that, and i have to tell you what a very special gift that is for us, to hear that all over the country.

So were gonna go back to work and try and make some more shows, so we can return the favor, Thank you, God Bless.

Re: 32nd Annual "Peoples Choice" Awards Discussion

Good idea ;)

I would've liked to have seen GE nominated for his performance in Grave Danger, I think he really deserved some recognition for that episode. But what would he be nominated under anyways, they don't really have a category for just one episode so...

It kinds sucks that CSI was only nominated for one award though, and it's kind of weird too because it's the #1 program on TV so you'd think it'd rack up the most nominations when the the winners are voted by the people...

Question: Who picks the nominees..?

CSI- WHOO-HOO-HOO- it won last year- so hopefully-again-I voted- wow will this place be buzzing if they win

allstar12 Wrote: Question: Who picks the nominees..?
According to the site:
Potential nominees for THE 32ND ANNUAL PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARDS were compiled with the help of Knowledge Networks, a leading market research company. Knowledge Networks used its panel, which is the only web-based market research panel that is representative of the entire US population, to identify a pop-culture-involved sample of men and women ages 18-54. For each category, the respondents were provided with a set of candidates determined by national ratings averages, box-office grosses, and album sales. The respondents then chose their favorites in Television, Movies and Music. They also had the option to write in their favorites where not included among the provided candidates. Their top three selections in each category became the final nominees. :)

I was voting every day there for a while. Desperate Housewives is in the same category and I really don't want them to win. I think they're going to be the ones to beat.

I hope csi wins....it would suck if desperate housewives won!!!
(I think csi deserved more nominations!!!)

I'm sure it'll win. I can't imagine that it wouldn't.

Desperate housewives has lost a lot of ground this year, and I think it's been losing veiwers. A lot of my friends have stopped watching it.

Well I stopped watching it after a while, I mean it kind of was allways the same thing and it lost it´s interest after a bit.
Most of my friends stopped watching it as well.

Oh I hope CSI definitely wins after being shafted from the damn Emmy's and Golden Globes.

I could never get into DH - it was too... showy. And I knew with all of the massive hype that it couldn't possibly keep going season after season. Yes, CSI was a huge hit - but not really until season 2. And the premise of CSI was always such that it could sustain itself year after year because each episode revolves around the case of the day. While there is certainly much, much more personal stuff than on Law and Order, it's the same feel. A show like DH suffers from one bad mistake. On CSI, it can be easily rectified the next week.

I think that the Emmys and the Globes do tend to reject series that do very, very well. It's that mentality of "if it caters to a huge audience, it must be catering to the lowest common denominator". Because why GE didn't get any noms for Grave Danger is beyond me - he was terrific. And if he doesn't get any recognition for Gum Drops, it'll be an extra screw-over. Not only was it a quick-fix to have him do it, but he was excellent. I cried, and it takes a lot to make me cry at a TV show.

But really - award shows like this may not be as important to the actors, but it proves who's really watching. I mean, Joan of Arcadia, Arrested Development and My So-Called Life all got heralded by critics and showered with awards... and where are they now?

Because why GE didn't get any noms for Grave Danger is beyond me - he was terrific. And if he doesn't get any recognition for Gum Drops, it'll be an extra screw-over. Not only was it a quick-fix to have him do it, but he was excellent. I cried, and it takes a lot to make me cry at a TV show.

But really - award shows like this may not be as important to the actors, but it proves who's really watching. I mean, Joan of Arcadia, Arrested Development and My So-Called Life all got heralded by critics and showered with awards... and where are they now?

Yeap, GE should have to be recognized for Gum Drops next year...he has been doing a great acting job.
And as for the shows you mention, you are right, it seems that this kind of awards arent necessarily done for the real good TV shows to win. At the end the only thing that matters fot the actors is to be recognized by the audience, and there´s not a better recognition than been watched for millions of people around the world because you are doing a terrific job.
Critics can say if a show is bad or not, but the opinion that matters is ours as an audience,cos if the show is seen by millions of people it can keep going and going even if the critics dont like it.

I don't mind if CSI doesn't win. We already know it's the number 1 show and we're the fans to prove it. And I don't care about DH either- they're really just a flashy show. I'm really bored watching it. My friends are only watching it because it was popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back