Other Fandom FanArt #5-Showcase & Requests

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Urban Legend, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Joycie84

Joycie84 CSI Level One

2. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

Can some of you make me some icons, pretty please? It would be sooo appreciated! I have cookies :D

And one more thing, can you do me a signature (560x215 and then rezise it to 500x100) with the pics where Anastacia is skating? You can add any text, if you want :)
    Soo sorry for being such a pain in the ass, but I am not feeling creative at the moment :lol: Thanks in advance!

3. Wolverine_Eagle

Wolverine_Eagle Prime Suspect

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Great work, everyone! :)

I made the following items using this tutorial from LJ.

[​IMG] no text & 140x140 (no text)

I didn't have an elliptical marquee in my PS7 for some reason, so I had to use the rectangle one. I didn't use any of the textures or coloring from the tutorial cause they didn't work for this picture.

Other Supernatural icons:

[​IMG] V2 [​IMG] V2 [​IMG] V2

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  5. GregNickRyanFan

6. GregNickRyanFan

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  7. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

WOW! :eek: Great job on your icons, GNRF!!!!!

What program did you use?

8. GregNickRyanFan

Thank you. :) I used Photoshop 7. For the Supernatural icons though I followed some tutorials (or at least as closely as I could lol). I forgot to post the link to the
    Supernatural Tutorials List. I can't remember exactly which tutorials I used. I just played around with several of them. :lol:

I was worried about the coloring on the Alice ones cause they were from my own screencaps. And my screencaps always come out with bad coloring. I don't know if I need to adjust something within my version of VLC or if its just cause of XP or what. I didn't get a chance to make any icons on that laptop before it crashed and had to be returned, so I don't know if they'd look better color wise on Windows 7 or not. :lol:

More stuff from the Alice mini-series:

[​IMG] no texture [​IMG] only the light texture

[​IMG] <~~~That's the Jack of Hearts :)

On this icon of the Queen, behind her was this red chair and the way she's standing in front of it, makes it look like she has horns... which is pretty appropriate considering she's the evil Queen. :lol:

[​IMG] I couldn't quite get the coloring right on this one though.

Charlie (the Knight)
    The King Of Hearts

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
  9. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Great work in here like always!

Could someone please make me some 140x140 icons of Sayid from Lost? Some text ideas: I'd love to be lost with Sayid , the reason I watch Lost , Sayid: The Bad-Ass, stuff like that! If you watch the show you'll know, lol! Thanks!

10. GregNickRyanFan

More stuff from the "alice" mini-series.

[​IMG] pink texture and no textures

====

Can someone please take this icon: [​IMG]
    and make it to where only the blood on his head and neck show up? I tried, but then I got some of the skin color in there too:
    [​IMG]
    so I then took the regular brush and put red coloring on it, but it still doesn't
    look that great: [​IMG]
    and if possible, could you make the blood kind of pop a bit with some sparklie brushes? I tried that, but I couldn't get it light enough and it just looked white. :lol:

11. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I made an attempt: [​IMG]

I tried to add a sparkle to the blood, but I'm not sure if it's noticable at all. :lol: I also added some contrast and darkened the blood a little to make it look more natural against the grey. I wasn't exactly sure how 'bloody' it was at the forehead as opposed to just the bruised part so I played by ear. :p If it blows, feel free to throw tomatoes. :lol:

By the way, I really LOVE your first icon at the top.

12. GregNickRyanFan

Thanks, Geni. :) That looks much better than my attempt. :lol: I couldn't get the contrast to do what I wanted. :lol:

Thank you. I was surprised how that one turned out. That particular screencap had a little more color in it, so it didn't require as much adjusting. The texture (by evangelinevio of LJ ) that I used fortunately worked really well with the icon. Here's the link to that texture pack: afternoon. :)

More Alice icons:

[​IMG] 2 and 3 [​IMG] 2 [​IMG] 2 [​IMG]

13. Wolverine_Eagle

Wolverine_Eagle Prime Suspect

i only made these recently :p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

Wow, your icons keep getting better and better, GregNickRyanFan :D

So, i took the time to learn how to make animations again because, seriously, I forgot how to :lol: So here they are:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

yay
    Lana (loony+Anastacia xD) Phone
    One more

15. GregNickRyanFan

Thanks, csifann1. I've been looking at some tutorials and stuff and learning some new techniques. :) I still have a bit of trouble with the coloring of some though cause my screencaps just come out looking very dull sometimes. :lol: That makes them a bit harder to color. :lol:

Your animations are great! I love the purple texture/background on that last one. What program do you use to make them? All my animations (except for B&W) come out looking really grainy with Animation Shop 3. I don't really know how to fix it either. I've tried fixing the optimization thing, but it didn't help the first time I tried it and after that I haven't been able to get to where you change the optimization at. :lol:

---

Wolverine_Eagle, I really love your text banners. :)