Not A Day Goes By - CSI: Miami fanfic

New update!!! Another Kyle POV.

- - - - - - - -

October 2007

I watched Julie for awhile, unsure how to react. Three things were settling uncomfortably in my mind. One, this was my mother. Two, she looked exactly like me. Three, she had sex with Lt. Caine.

Gross.

Shuddering slightly from the mental images this gave me, I waited for her to continue her stoy. Who the hell told her I was dead? I was sitting right there! I wasn't dead! This had to be some sort of scam.

"It's a long story." she stammered, "But I found of that a friend of mine - well, she isn't a friend anymore - got confused and had to make a decision... well, she lied to me and told me you had died. There was a car accident..."

Julie stopped, sighing and staring into my eyes.

"Look, I don't expect that you'll call me your mom or anything, OK? I just... I needed to know you weren't... dead."

I looked over at Lt. Caine, who watched us while playing with his precious sunglasses. He couldn't have thought I would believe all this horse crap, would he? I smirked, thinking how the poor guy was probably forced to bring this chick with him.

"Mind being a little more descriptive?" I asked, looking back at Julie, "Because I'm not buying this."

She looked like she was ready to kill me, but obviously forced a smile and sighed.

"I was in a car accident," she began, looking down, "A really bad one. I had you early, and nobody thought either of us would live. I was in a coma for two weeks or something, and the doctors thought I would never wake up. So my friend... she decided to put you up for adoption. The foster people came and took you, she said. When I woke up, it was too late to get you back so Jo - my friend, told me you had died in the accident."

OK, now this was getting good.

I saw Lt. Caine in the back, and I could've sworn he was trying not to cry. He looked down at the ground, his face all scrunched up. Julie followed my gaze, but quickly turned back to face me.

"Hey," she asked, getting up, "Do you like brownies?"

I nodded. I had only had those once in my life, when a girl my age waiting at the Child Services' office shared hers with me. I was fourteen then, I think. I still remembered the taste, chuckling when I remembered how I hated the nuts in them. What were they anyways? Cashews? I wouldn't have known.

"I'll bring you some." she said, tapping the clear plastic that separated us.

I watched her walk towards the lieutenant, and I tried to imagine the two of them sixteen years later. I couldn't. He barely glanced at her, let alone touched her. How could he have loved her if he couldn't so much as look at her now?

I was about to compare their seemingly false romance to something else from my past, when officer Roland tapped my shoulder.

"Ready to head back?" he asked.

"Yeah," I replied. "Thanks."

Hey y'all!!!

The reason I haven't updated in awhile is a) FF is being finicky (or it's just me... not sure which, but I prefer to blame it on the computer :lol: :rolleyes:) and b) I'm missing a page so I'm trying to find it.

So just letting you know that I might not update for awhile. Sorry!!! :)

It's okay. Muses are a pain in the rear sometimes. (So is RL for that matter lol) And computers definately are at times.

After spending countless unsuccesful hours of yelling at the computer, I've decided that I can deal with FF.net later and just write the next Horatio Caine POV out for you guys. Basically what happened in the Julie POV chapter was she went home for Christmas and found out that John had left Pensecola after an "official-looking van" came up to his house.

So I'll just type up this next chapter - this one's my favourite so far, not just because it's nice and long but because it's nice and romantic... :)

Hey nattybatty55! Glad you like it! And always a big thanks to MacsGirlMel for her extreme patience and lovely reviews! :lol: Lemme go see if I have cookies for you guys...

HC_4_my_birthday!!!! *hugs* How could I have forgotten to thank you!?!?!

Good news - I'm almost finished typing up the next update. However, RL is trying to make me do homework and save my boyfriend from the evil Spicebag of Doom... don't ask :rolleyes:, so it might not be up for awhile.

Never mind! At long last, here it is... Oh and the boyfriend's fine now BTW :lol: :p

- - - - - - - -

October 2007

The clock in the Hummer dashboard read 5:36pm. Behind the wheel, I glanced momentarily at Julie before setting my eyes back on the road. She had her arm against the door, her head in her hand with her eyes deep in thought. Neither of us said anything until we got on the highway.

"Are you staying in a hotel?" I asked.

Julie nodded.

"If I can find one." she replied, a smile on her face.

I glanced at her, stupefied. Why hadn't she gotten a hotel room? Instead of questioning her like a suspect, I smiled as an idea formed in my head.

"Why don't you stay at my place?" I offered. "I have a guest bedroom. You can stay there tonight, and we'll pick up your car in the morning."

Julie turned her head to look at me, her hazel eyes sparkling.

"I'd like that." she murmured, her voice music to my ears.

I chuckled, turning the wheel in the direction of my house. I saw her smile out of the corner of my eye.

"Home sweet home!" I told her, parking the car in the driveway.

I led her up the stone walkway, opening up the old wooden gate to reveal the house, half-hidden by a white wall. Inside the sheltered garden, a wrap-around wooden porch led into my house through a pair of French doors. A couple birds had flown through the gate, flying around Julie's hair and startling her a little. Grinning, I opened the door and led her inside. She was laughing, and I couldn't help but laugh along with her.

"Aren't there any birds in Louisiana?" I teased, motioning for her to go sit on the couch.

"Yeah," she nodded, "But they aren't as friendly as the ones in Miami."

She sat down on a grey leather couch, crossing her legs and sighing comfortably. Her black skirt came up a little, revealing her still-lean thighs and her perfect legs. Noticing my gaze, she blushed and pulled the hem back to her knees. I looked away politely and went into the kitchen, wondering how she managed to look exactly like the same beautiful nurse I fell in love with.

"Would you, um, like something to drink?" I offered, my face burning up embarrasedly.

"Yeah," she called back, "Do you still have that chilean red wine?"

I paused for a moment, smiling. She remembered.

"Yup." I whispered, opening the pantry and pulling out a bottle.

It was covered in sixteen years of dust, the age marked on the label. 1990. I never opened it. I had brought it home that night, the night she left, to apologize for being late. I couldn't drink it myself, so I put it away and left it with a dream of finding her again.

I popped the cork, and swore I could hear the string music as it played all those years ago the first night we tried it. Our first date, we agreed. The real first one didn't turn out so well, and that night had been our make-up date. Nothing had changed in my mind. Julie had never left. It was all here, marked on a green bottle of wine.

As I poured the drinks, I heard Julie's heels clicking across the floor. I heard some music begin to play and I smiled. Old piano the music, the kind we used to danced to. We didn't like the songs of the late eighties and nineties; we had a taste for the classics.

I walked into the living room, holding the glasses and chuckling as I saw Julie fiddling with the sound system.

"Bored?" I teased, startling her.

"No," she stammered. "I just..."

Grinning, I moved closer until I was just a few inches away from her. She smiled back, taking her glass and looking up at me.

"You remember, right?" she asked me in a low whisper, "You remember... that night?"

I didn't know which one she was referrring to. I remembered all the nights we spent together. Hell, every minute I spent with her was engraved in my memory.

Nodding, I touched her cheek with the back of my free hand. She leaned her head into my touch, melting my heart and making me want more. I gently moved my hand to her chin, taking a quick breath before kissing her.

It was 1990 all over again, the sound of rain that poured down around us replaced by the crescendo of piano music. Her lips were still sugar-sweet, her skin as soft as ever. My fingers were tangled in her auburn curls, her own in my red hair. We were just a couple of young adults, falling in love for the first time. Sixteen years later, we were doing it all over again.

- - - - - - - -

I have more for this chapter, but I'm a little concerned about the content so whenever FF starts working again I'll post it there :devil: :lol: :)

Sissi

He was trying to make dinner and put a bag of cinnamon or something on the burner... he didn't want it to burn him so he left it on the burner. :rolleyes: Sometimes I wonder what goes through his mind. :lol:

Anyways, I have a lot of pre-holiday reports/projects to work on, so I probably won't update until next Monday at the latest. Sorry y'all!

Sissi

*boink*

Hope everyone had happy holidays!!! I managed to fix my FF account *does happy dance* and the next part of this story will be up soon. :)

no worries :) RL has been busy for me this month,became a grandmother on the 19th and my oldest daughter B-day was the 23rd

grert update Speedsdaughter can't wait for the rest of this chapter :)

Congratulations!!! :)

Allright, the rest of my previous update is on FF (my username is "tatianolishka"). The next update will be put up sometime soon.

Back