Not A Day Goes By - CSI: Miami fanfic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by SpeedsDaughter, Nov 3, 2007.

1. SpeedsDaughter

SpeedsDaughter CSI Level One

I love my cat, make no mistake, but when I'm trying to type up my updates, Kitty needs to go on the ground so Mommy doesn't make spelling mistakes :lol:

Anyways, here's another update!

I think we need to start some sort of candy toss or something so that whenever the word "hazel" (in reference to Julie's eyes) comes up, we eat some of that leftover halloween cand. :lol: Just a thought.

Sissi

- - - - - -

October 2007

"Hey handsome."

I chuckled, looking up to see a sighed my eyes yearned to see for far too long. A pair of hazel eyes, with scarcely a line of age to mark the time passed on her skin. Her lips were turned up in a smile, and the same russet hair was wound in soft curls to frame her pale young face.

"You haven't changed at all." I remarked, turning my sunglasses nervously between my fingers.

"Same to you." she replied, coming closer. "Well, maybe a little more plump. Too much officework, I presume?"

I laughed, watching as Julie chuckled along. She was right; I had gained a little weight as a result from my lack of excercise and a newfound fondness for chocolate. A moment of silence followed, with us just watching each other. Questions for the doctor whom I had fallen for formed in my head, including the one neither of us could avoid.

"Julie, what happened?"

She just looked at me, her face not betraying any emotion.

"Maybe..." she sighed, looking towards the crime lab behind me, "maybe we should talk inside."

I nodded, taking her hand and leading her upstairs. She glanced at me, her cheeks a little red. I was most likely blushing too; I had missed her and I loved her. When those two mixed, you got a somewhat bold Lieutenant Caine.

She stopped halfway, and I looked back to make sure she was okay.

"John?" she asked, "Is it... John? Or Horatio?"

I smiled.

"John." I replied. "That's the name you know best, beautiful."

Julie nodded, grinning.

"John." she said, her tone more reassured, "Allright."

2. SpeedsDaughter

I've just noticed how often I'm messing up the dates. Whenever this is written from Julie's POV, it's 1990 (or 1991/2, as we'll see later). Just wanted to clear that up. :)

- - - - -

August 1990

Dammit.

I leaned my head back, banging it against the cupboard doors. If John had come home right then, I wouldn't have been the least bit surprised if he thought I'd been drinking. I felt like I had. I felt like I had drunken so much that I couldn't think straight.

How the hell had this happened?

Why did it have to happen to me?

I glanced down at my feet, unshed tears stinging the back of my eyes. I had to get up, I told myself. John would be home soon, and I didn't want him to see me like this.

My knees shook uncontrollably, like they had done at the hospital. Amy had been worried about me all day, and when my boss is "worried", whoever she was concerned about ought to be better by tomorrow. Or they could just kiss they're job goodbye. The clinic was understaffed; and sick doctors made the day busier than usual.

I sat on the couch, alone with my thoughts. A boquet of my favourite white roses sat on a table, the card still attached. John's familiar writing made me smile again, as if he was with me right there. His letter told me how much I meant to him, and how he promised he would never try to hurt me. I knew he wouldn't. Every night, before I fell asleep, I heard him whisper those three magical words. I love you. I'd chuckle, and whisper those same words back. Now, I questioned if they were true. How would you know if you loved someone after only knowing them for a couple weeks?

God, how was I supposed to tell him about me... and the baby? His baby. I'd really messed up this time. I sighed heavily and looked up at the sky, like God could give me a miracle. I didn't think He cared. I was scared. I glanced over at the roses, shaking my head as the saltwater drops fell down my cheeks.

I had to get out of here.

Without a second thought for John or anything, I packed up all my stuff and left. My heart beat fast as I glanced one last time around the place I once called home. My hand shook as it clenched the doorknob, my knuckles turning white. I couldn't seem to turn away. This was all happening too fast. How could I raise a child? How could I live with myself if John found out? I'd ruin his life. He was a free spirit; even I couldn't hold him back. A child would do just that, and that would kill John inside.

They say you can't run away from your problems.

I did.

Without another word to kill me inside, I drove far away from my Florida hometown clutching the wheel and put foot on the gas pedal. The radio played, and all I could think about was what was past that city limit sign.

TBC...

3. RedHot

RedHot Witness

Great update. I don't know what will my reaction be if someone left me and after many years I met him again. I think it will be a storm of feelings in my heart and in my head.
    Continue please.

4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

ack more more...I do wonder if the ep said why she didn't find him and let him know he was a father.

5. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

ooohhh i love it!!!! can't wait to read the rest!!!!

6. SpeedsDaughter

Ack! I'm such an idiot... I knew there was something important in my binder!

Anyways, I've left the next update in my locker and won't be able to get to it until Tuesday :mad: . I promise, the moment I get my hands on it, it will be up here for y'all to read. :)

The plot penguins are gonna get me now... my friend just gave me some awesome ideas for this story and I WANNA WRITE THEM!!! </endrant> :lol:

7. MacsGirlMel

lol plot penguins...are they worse than plot bunnies?

8. SpeedsDaughter

Well, bunnies are usually fluffier (good when writing romance) and since penguins have beaks, you'd think they'd be a bit more violent. Pecking and slapping my muse with their flippers... it's hard to imagine a bunny attacking you. Well, that isn't really true either... oh great I'm ranting again. :lol:

I would have chosen Plot Puppies or something... but penguins seemed more appropriate.

9. CSI_Trainee

CSI_Trainee CSI Level One

This is really terrific I can't wait to read more. Its so sweet and gentle, yet passionate and steamy as well. Horatio almost reminds me of my boi *sigh* lol. Can't wait to read the next update!

10. SpeedsDaughter

At last! A new update! Thanks everyone for waiting so patiently. No, you didn't miss a chapter... I decided to skip H's part so I had two back-to-back Julie POVs.

So, with out further ado...

- - - - -

August 1991

"That kid must weigh a hundred punds!"

I laughed with Joanna, patting my pregnant belly with a smile. She watched as I tried to wipe down the countertop, then I sighed as she rolled her eyes and took the cloth from me.

"The patients can wait!" she scolded, forcing me to sit down. "The world isn't gonna end if you take a few minutes for you and the kid."

I chuckled, looking down at my stomach and grinning. Even though I was annoyed with my friend's attempt to help me, I was grateful for the break. My baby had been kicking all day it seemed, and I knew he would be a sporty kind of kid.

Joanna was my assistant at Hope Valley Clinic in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. She had helped me find an apartmen, and then a job. My car had run out of gas here during my tear-filled drive. Joanna had seen me crying and, ever since then, had been my confidante and best friend.

"Hooray for summer." I muttered, "Sunstroked tourists and nurses sprouting temper tantrums. It's like I never left home."

I heard Joanna snort, trying not to laugh, and she turned to look at me.

"Must be awful for you," she commented, "I hated being pregnant in the summertime. It was just horrible."

"No kidding," I replied, "I wish this kid would just hurry up and come out already."

As a joke, I rolled up my shirt to just below my chest and glared at my swollen abdomen.

"Don't get comfy," I told my unborn child, "Or I'll force you out."

Joanna snorted again, covering her mouth. She put down the rag and and grinned, pulling me out of my chair. I giggled amusedly, staring at my best friend with an eyebrow raise quizzically.

"You," Jo pointed to the door while staring at me, "Drive to McDonalds, pick up two hamburgers and some milk, drive back to the clinic, and EAT. I swear, I've never seen you take a lunch break since the end of your second trimester. That's not good."

"Fine," I replied, pulling on my coat, "But you have to cover for me."

"Don't I always? Now, just GO!"

- - - - - -

11. MacsGirlMel

more soon!

btw did the ep say why she didn't tell H?

12. SpeedsDaughter

0.0 Was Julie in last night's ep? *hurries to find it*

13. SpeedsDaughter

Here's an update everyone! I know they're short, but the one's I'm writing right now are much longer. :)

--------

October 2007

It felt wrong to talk to Julie in an interview room, so I led her down to my office. Eric poked his head out of the lab, and I waved him away. I opened my mouth to say something, but Julie interrupted.

“Is this your office?”

I turned and nodded to her, who was pointing to my office door. The bronze nameplate read “Lt. Horatio Caine”, and I realized she still wasn’t used to my name. I had long since forgotten about John Harmon.

Following her into my office, I sat down behind the desk and fiddled with one of the various picture framed. Julie smiled and looked at them.

“Is that your wife?” she asked, pointing to a photo of Yelina.

“No,” I said with a grin, “My sister-in-law.”

Julie nodded, fiddling with her hands. She never looked directly at me and an awkward silence filled the room. I wanted to ask her so many questions and find out what happened. I couldn’t get the words to form, until Julie turned to me with that smile that could always melt my heart.

“Where’s Kyle?” she asked.

14. MacsGirlMel

ooooh this should be good. Post soon!

15. CSI_Trainee

CSI_Trainee CSI Level One

Awsome post's can't wait for more! Its so sweet and passionate yet sad. I love it! Update soon