No "E"s allowed.

MiaCharlize

Coroner
This is a play I saw on a forum that I found month ago and I thought it thought-provoking, so I took it to this board.

It is simply as this: You may talk about all that is on your mind, but omit that particular glyph. Try to find words without it, do not just drop it from words or put a 3 in as a substitution, that has no fun in it.

Now, go and play. :D

PS: Is this okay with you, mods? (I did not ask for approval on this post :p)

Oh, I was a part of a handful of forums with this kind of thing, too. It's horribly difficult but stimulating for your brain (that is, it hurts).

A publication of a book (La Disparition/official translation: A Void) was wrought out and it did not contain this glyph that you and I must avoid.

(Damn, this is hard.)

Wow. A full book without it? That's admirably striking!

I find it hard to throw out just short word compositions, but a book? Damn. That author must win an award! Or has it? (sorry, I know an author is not an it, but for lack of knowing if it's a man or a woman I say "it" :p)

I don't think that author (a man) has won any awards for this book, sadly.

A book by a Mr. Wright ("Gadsby") was triumphant at this, too. It was 50000+ words! To his chagrin, his own passing was that day of his book's publication, so Mr. Wright saw not his book in full publication. :(

Luckily, my alias for this board has not a solitary sampling of this common non-consonant, unsimilar to originator of this topic.

Oh that is so sad about Mr Wright passing :( But Mr Wright's work is still thought of so that is good :)

This is hard without using that glyph

Argh! This is so difficult. My brain hurts. :lol:

MiaCharlize said:
PS: Is this okay with you, mods? (I did not ask for approval on this post :p)

Approval is not mandatory in this forum. As long as it is not spammy it is OK with us. ;) :p

Good amigos and I did this out loud. All found it difficult, as all our tags contain a taboo.

I had not known of this book. What a fascinating thing! Poor Mr. Wright :(

This is hard. I'm totally gonna fail at this and put it in my post without thinking.

I don't want to do my talk about hail tomorrow. I don't wanna talk infront of my class. >.> I got too much work right now. haha bad grammar right thaarr. And tharr isn't a word. And now I'm rambling. *shuts up*

ooh. What a cool topic. This is going to hurt my brain. I don't know what to say. Hmm. I am still on holiday which is cool. Oh man I am going to say too much soon. So I should stop right now.
:D :D :D

I'm from Holland and this is hard particulair thinking about that I normally talk Dutch.

I want to put lots of words in this post but my mind won't allow it! It's hard!

Haha, I know how it is. That thing always wants to slip in. Stupid thing, bad thing, grr. Go away, silly glyph! :lol:

My mind is funny today, I don't know why, I can't think straight. I'll go now, not that I post a faulty word...

This is actually hard! I don't think our covo is going anywhere! lol

I think I am going to gain brain skills by posting on this board :D

Wouldn't call it mind blowing but difficult it is, no doubt. Addicting, too, I must say. I find my brain talking in words missing that particular non-consonant*, it's fatiguing, this constantly scrutinizing all words I think.

(*Sorry for robbing that synonym, but I think it's brilliant)

NZgirly: Anywhat?? :p

Back