Nick/Sara -- #19 Public Declaration of Love

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by mariel, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cofi_shot

cofi_shot Captain

Re: #1 Fave Ship -- Nick/Sara -- #19 Public Declaration of L

I agree. If they are together already, Nick would be so secure with his worth to Sara that he wouldn't get jealous that easily. He's also an easygoing type of person, so I guess he wouldn't mind much if Sara talks to other guys. He might even encourage that she interact with them, just to get her out of her shell a bit.

However, on the occasion that they are not together (like in Bully For You), I think Nick could get really jealous because he hasn't put his "claim" on Sara yet. Also, instead of brooding with his jealousy, I think he's the type that would flirt with her more just to get her attention back to him.

2. mariel

mariel CSI Level One

I agree. And I think Nick can be jealous too of course. For example in Rashomama. In my opinion he seemed a bit annoyed by Sara flirting with that guy (or him flirting with her).

3. Misery

Misery Pathologist

Good thinking, cofi . Let us just remember the episode "The finger". I just LOVE that scene, although I don't get it exactly.

We have Sara on a date with Hank, Catherine walk in, gives Sara the finger (not in a crude kind of way :D), and Sara returns in a lab. Next thing she's wondering how did Cath know where she will be. And Nick just says: "I knew." and walks away.

Nick is a jealous kind of guy, but I think he would show that jealousy when they are alone, no matter if they're together or not. But, he would throw occasional remarks that would make Sara think, like that one in The finger, or the "Should I put flirting in the case file?" from Rashomama.

4. cofi_shot

cofi_shot Captain

Yeah, he didn't just let go of the issue. He had to point out that there was flirting. He could have just ignored it like Greg has.

Sara's reaction to Nick flirting to the bridesmaids was so funny! She actually imagined them talking gibberish LOL. It was also nice how Nick was able to assess Sara from her reactions, like he readily concluded that she has a thing about weddings. I think there's an obvious interest and curiousity from Nick to understand Sara well because she tends to keep things to herself most of the time, unless someone outright asks her. I think that's the reason why Nick kept on pushing the wedding/marriage issue on throughout the episode.

5. sissi59100

sissi59100 CSI Level Three

LOL i love that scene too( the one from "the finger"), and evne more the look Sara gave to Warrick when Nick was gone, like she was telling him "Why did you tell him????" :lol:

Well Rashomama was the apotheosis of Nick/sara relationship lol all those winks to the previous seasons were awesome. And the "public declaration of love" is now a classic

6. mariel

mariel CSI Level One

The public declaration of love-scene is still mysterious to me. Nick only said that single line, which wasn't even funny or something, and Sara was giving him the widest smile ever! (Like: "My God, I totally want you now.)

Anyway, back on topic. Yeah, the scene from The Finger was weird. Just "I knew," and then he walked off. I don't get it lol.

7. Misery

Misery Pathologist

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who doesn't get the scene. :D It's really out of context. It really shows how Nick was worried about her going out with Hank. And I think that Sara was really surprised about that. And confused. And the way she smacked Warrick...it definitely shows that she didn't want everyone to know that she's on a date with Hank.

As to Rashomama, I agree, Nick was pushing the whole thing because he knows her really well. She keeps the tough routine, but she still craves affection.

An the Public declaration of love comment...someone would think they eloped or something.
    Or that Nick was trying to tell her how he wants to make that declaration to her. :D :D :D

BTW, I'm so proud how we're capable to have meaningful conversations :D :D :D Mods must be proud! :D

8. mariel

mariel CSI Level One

Hmmmmm, go us! :D

I don't get why she smacked Warrick either. Was it because he was laughing at her? It would be weird if it was because he told Nick about her date with Hank. That wouldn't make sense, since Nick was the one who was there when Sara and Hank met and when they were 'flirting'. I take it he knew about a date before Warrick did. Maybe Nick was moaning to everyone about what a dork Sara was dating. :D

9. Misery

Misery Pathologist

Or, Sara was having a conversation with Warrick and he told her jokingly how it's best that she doesn't mention the date to Nick, since he told him that he didn't like Hank that much. And Sara probably dismissed the idea, saying how Nick doesn't care where she is or with whom.
    So, when Nick showed that not only he knows that Sara was on a date, he knew where she was, she smacked Warrick so he wouldn't say a word.

Ah, it's nice here in my world...:D :D :D

10. cofi_shot

cofi_shot Captain

^^LOL that sounds about right in my world too :lol:

It's like Warrick was saying, "I told ya he cares!" and Sara smacks him.

Assuming Nick didn't like Hank that much, it's probably his way of thinking that Sara deserves so much better. I think he sincerely would like the best for Sara, whether or not he has realized that the best for her would be himself.

And yay for discussions! :D

11. Misery

Misery Pathologist

What a great sentence, cofi ! I really think that Nick knows he cares for Sara, he knows that he doesn't like it when she flirts with other men, but he just needs that one little step to the truth - he nees to realize why exactly he cares so much.

And same goes with Sara. There's nothing worse then getting to the point when you just can't change the friendship to something else.

12. chaostheory08

chaostheory08 CSI Level Three

I just watched the season6 finale and uhm... I have yet to process theories for the last scene.

Anyway -- I think Sara's the jealous type. Women tend to be more jealous than men. And with a man like that? Geez, I would have him on a leash if I were her. Then again, Nick will be on his guard too.

Btw, on the finale, Sara hugs Warrick.... hmmm, I'm not so sure but is Nick's arm around her waist, too?

13. mariel

mariel CSI Level One

It does look like it, but unfortunately it isn't.

Yep, you don't know what you're missing, until it's gone.

I think that, over the years, Nick and Sara have shown more care for eachother than all the other CSIs have. They seem to always look out for eachother and a huge part of their relationship seems to be based on care, which is great. Obviously TPTB want Nick and Sara to have a healthy relationship. They have angsty moments, friendly moments, flirty moments, funny moments, add some romance moments and we have a couple. :D Too bad TPTB don't see the chemistry we see... or doesn't act on it.

14. PintSizeGenius

PintSizeGenius Lab Technician

In the finale, i was so annoyed when she hugged Warrick not Nick, i didn't see that Nick might have had his arm round her waist? if that's the case then KOOL! I just remembered, i recorded it, i'll take a closer look later.

15. chaostheory08

chaostheory08 CSI Level Three

So Grissom ... *in the spoiler box* so -- Sara said she's not ready to say g'bye yet. Taking a break from each other already hmmmm.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.