NFL - National Football League

Status
Not open for further replies.
People in the States have been lobbying to get the day after legally changed to a holiday... especially since apparently well over a million people call in sick the next day, on average! :lol:

That is because most of us are sick from either alcohol poisioning or maybe salmonella from the enormous amounts of wings that we eat. I remember one Super Bowl, I think it was XXXVI, I did about 4 bottles of beer, 2 shots of Jager and about 9 jello shots when the game ended. I weighed about 130 at the time. Oh, and I only arrived at halftime, as I was stuck at work during the first half. You can pretty much figure it out from there.

^^ wow! that's a lot of alchohol. :lol:

btw DaWacko you should try watching the SuperBowl. it can be entertaining, especially the commercials as stated above. :)

btw DaWacko you should try watching the SuperBowl. it can be entertaining, especially the commercials as stated above. :)

^I don't think I'd see the same commercials.... :D

Who's doing the half-time show this year?

I believe it is The Stones that are doing it this year. They still want to go conservative after what happened 2 years ago, and I think they want to now go with people who can actually perform, after the Orange Bowl fiasco last year.

^^^ What happened at the Orange Bowl? I never watch those others, so I don't know what happened.

^I don't think I'd see the same commercials.... :D
\

oh yeah! woops, i forgot about that!

last year if i remember correctly there was this one commerical with a "Momma's Boy Doll" and there was a string that zoomed right to her! it was hilarious.

^^^ What happened at the Orange Bowl? I never watch those others, so I don't know what happened.

Last year, at the Orange Bowl, the halftime performance was a collaboration that included Kelly Clarkson, and ended with Ashlee Simpson. Anyway, Asslee Simpson, still reeling from the SNL incident that happened a few weeks before the game, had a performance so horrific that it sounded like she was possessed by a demon. When she finished, the entire stadium lit her up in a chorus of boos and "You Suck"s. Fortunately, half of America was spared from watching that travesty because USC was blowing out Oklahoma so badly before halftime that they just turned off the TV set, knowing who was going to win, and were spared their ears from hearing such a horrible sound.

Wasn't it last year, the appearance of The Famous Boob?

That was two years ago, Super Bowl XXXVIII, where Justin Timberlake exposed Janet Jackson's boob. Last year, they went conservative, and got Paul McCartney, which was a real good choice, although I bet you that people under 16 had no idea who he was, or what to do during "Hey Jude". Although there was a prop bet in an online sports book that paid 250/1 if Paulie exposed his right nipple during halftime. (didn't take that bet, though)

Damn time goes by fast. I laughed so much at the boob. So what? It's a boob. every woman has one.
And now I saw "awww" at Paul MacCartney.

WOOHOO! It's SUPERBOWL SUNDAY! GO HAWKS!

I've got my beer and munchies... now I just need to figure out when the game starts! :lol: I think it's at 2pm on the westcoast... anyone?

^I've heard both 3:00 and 3:30 PM but your best bet is 3:00...maybe 3:30 is the kick-off. Anyhoo, I'm really excited. I'm cheering for the 'Hawks 'cause they're the closet team to where I live and 'cause there's a Greek guy on the team. Goooo 'Hawks!!!

Thanks! I wish I had a freaking TV guide. Yeesh.

Anyway, here's hoping Hasselbeck pulls 'em all together. He's the man, for sure! Roethlisberger is amazing too. It could potentially be a wicked, wicked game. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back