NFL - National Football League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woot go Seattle! They're the closet team to my province and plus there's a Greek guy on the team as well whos name is Niko Koutouvides and I think his number is 53.

WTG, Seattle!

Seattle and Pittsburgh in the Superbowl. It should be a really good game.

I know some people were looking for the champs from the past- i.e. Pats or Colts, but I think this is going to be a really good match-up. We've got two phenomenal teams with two amazing quarterbacks. I can't wait! :D

I'm not really a fan of either team, but I'm hoping the Seahawks win, only because I'm still bitter that Pittsburgh beat Indy, lol.

They've had so big commercials here about Super Bowl that I've been thinking of watching it since they actually show it live (which is middle of night my time) but then I started to think it may be really not my thing and probably won't understand the big fuss (I mean, I do understand the game) about it and then I'd be just tired and crancky in the morning :D

Super Bowl XL

Yeah, mainly the Super Bowl is just a big excuse to get extremely drunk and party. It is probably one of the biggest drinking holidays of the year here in the US. Although I will be watching the game as well.

The Super Bowl is also the day where you will see the best commercials. Advertising agencies figure that the Super Bowl is the most watched event of the year, so they save up their best commercials for that day. Spots go for nearly $3 million for a 30 second ad, so they have to come up with some memorable spots. Most companies do, though.

I can't believe that the Steelers were the 6 seed (the lowest possible seed) in the AFC, and the Seahawks were the 1 seed, yet the Steelers are the favorites in this game, according to the sports books in Vegas.

I started to think it may be really not my thing and probably won't understand the big fuss
:D :D :D :D
I think the fuss is over the event and the party, not really the game.

^sounds like every Finnish holiday. "The only point to have this that we can drink whole day and night". or More simple "it's just one good reason to get wasted"
(Easter, May Day, Midsummer, Venetsialaiset in my area, Independece Day, Christmas, New Year and a few others)

People in the States have been lobbying to get the day after legally changed to a holiday... especially since apparently well over a million people call in sick the next day, on average! :lol:

Re: Super Bowl XL

The Super Bowl is also the day where you will see the best commercials. Advertising agencies figure that the Super Bowl is the most watched event of the year, so they save up their best commercials for that day. Spots go for nearly $3 million for a 30 second ad, so they have to come up with some memorable spots. Most companies do, though.

I can't believe that the Steelers were the 6 seed (the lowest possible seed) in the AFC, and the Seahawks were the 1 seed, yet the Steelers are the favorites in this game, according to the sports books in Vegas.

I agree. One of the best things about the superbowl is the comercials. Especially if its a lopsided game.

I'm pleased for the Steelers its awesome. They appear to be the stronger of the two teams.

I'm rooting for the Seahawks, but I wouldn't be suprised if the Steelers win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back