New Girl + Boa Vista = End for Calleigh Duquesne? SPOILER

I don't know about you, but with the news that CSI Miami is getting yet another new female character, and the fact that Emily Procter's scenes have all ready been cut to almost nothing [especially when it comes to her scenes with David] I am becoming a bit concerned that someone on the writing staff is trying to push the character of Calleigh Duquesne off the credit listings. If this is so, I hate to say it but, CSI Miami will be much like Rome in the fact that in an episode, as Rome did in a day, it will fall to the point of its destruction in the ratings.

Emily Procter, and her character of Calleigh Duquesne is the right pillar to David's left in keeping CSI Miami the success in which it is today; and maybe it's just me, but with out the perky sweet blonde southern bell, the show is just not worth watching.

Any opinions on this?

I love Emily's character but Natalia is my favorite. I feel like she still has alot of scenes. I don't ever see them trying to weed her out, from everything i've ever read is that the whole cast is adored by producers & staff & so on. I look at this: Emily said once about her character,Calleigh, that she enjoyed her being strait-laced & she likes her to play by the rules. Eva on the other hand enjoys drama in Natalia's life. I honestly couldn't see it any other way either, but I think that why it seems like if theres something dramatic or major it doesn't likely concern Calleigh because it just doesn't fit within her character. But she is always in every epi doing the job, making sure the team is working as a team, being there for her co-workers & helping solve the crime. I think thats just Calleigh & who she is! As far as the new girl.. im not so sure if she is even staying, so I won't fret on her yet, but i wouldn't like to see her added as a full cast member. I like my 2 diva darlings...sugar & spice! Theres not room for another diva in my eyes..

They really don't need another diva on the show...they already have the two! Also, I would indeed love to see Calleigh and Erik begin a relationship. I watched the last episode of the season and it was really touching and kinda sad for him as it ended. So let it be the two divas and Erik and Calleigh taking up where they left off in the opener!

:devil: :devil: Natalia is my least favorite and would/could Never replace Calleigh. But she makes a perfect ditzy one. Since we know nothing about the newbie I won't comment, except to say I hope she's not replacing Cooper. He's doing a great job.

Losing Calleigh would be almost as bad as losing Horatio.
Beyond my comprehension. :( :(

:confused: :confused: Why do they keep adding characters? They don't make effective use of the excellent talent they already have.

I think introducing a new character is a good idea. they have done that before.....and it things turned to be ok. ;)

I think it makes CSI:Miami better, and it makes for interesting stories, rather than working on the same cases for years ( rehashing the past).

As for relationships, maybe in the new season, the relationships btw characters would be more successful. Unlike past times. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

"Boa" Vista- i dont think she's anyones fav character.
She's been lying since day 1. I can't believe the things that she did, especially with Eric ( feel sorry for the guy)It was shocking. She was the mole the whole time. They had every wright to hate her.

As for Calleigh,I like Calleigh Duquesne, she's smart, tough, definatly trustworthy. Shes a nice person. It would a shame if they killed her off.

lovinsofia said
Calleigh Duquesne is the right pillar to David's left in keeping CSI Miami the success in which it is today

I personally don't agree with this. ;) I think the success of the show had been based on the quality of episodes as well as character development. Right now, nothing is holding the show together in my opinion, aside from the producer's own dilluted vision of how 'popular' they think the show really is.

I don't feel that introducing a new character is going to push Emily back at all. I've never understood how one can 'take' screentime or push it back if the storyline involves a different character to begin with. I wouldn't want to write a show and slide every character in 100% of the time to make sure they all have face time. It's not realistic. Just my opinion though. :p

Personally, I don't think it would matter either way which gender is being added to the show. They all have their quirks, specialties and abilities - Both characters and actors. So, no, I don't think they're trying to weed out Emily's character.

On the second question: If they were to write off Calleigh Duquesne, yes I'd still watch. I'd probably still watch if the show were devoid of characters and only showed palm trees for 40 minutes. :lol:

I don't know if this new girl will push Calleigh away. I would think that the chick is added as just a little kick. Like she may not be one of the main cast memebers but she will be like Val or Coop. It would be really inconvenient if they started adding nothing but new main characters each season and I don't think they are going to let Calleigh disappear. So I think either this girl will be involved with Calleigh or a recurring character.

Re: New Girl + Boa Vista = End for Calleigh Duquesne? SPOI

I don't think so. Calleigh's such an institution and has such a huge fanbase, they'd be stupid to push her aside.

That said, if Emily goes, I go.

Stephanie, the new girl everyone is talking about that new AV tech Samantha.

I don't think the new character is going to push her out - a real lab would have lots of employees, not just 8, and to have someone be a known character who does the background work just seems to make it more realistic. As to Emily getting less time, it just seemed like the focus on episodes would change to feature different characters each week. I'd still watch the show without her, although I don't think I'd go as far as speed_cochrane and watch 40 minutes of palm trees. :p

I don't see them doing that. Natalia is my probably my favorite charator too. But, I'm not sure about that... I like 'em all. Anyway, no, I think they'd seeing that taking her off would bring the show down.

I probably would still watch it. I like the case files as much as I like the charaters.

Natalia is a great character and I think they should do more scenes with her and Calleigh working together they make a great team. I don't think I'd watch it as much if Calleigh left she's is more or less the glue that keeps the team together.

Back