"Never Alone" - CSI: Miami- Rave, Cake & Eden

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by GregNickRyanFan, Jun 16, 2008.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

***Okay, I'm gonna try this. Hopefully I'll be able to type the whole chapter before the battery runs down on the laptop. thanks to everyone for their suggestions on the gifts. :D Please excuse any typos as I'm not too used to typing on this laptop. The keys are flatter. :lol: Just a note: When I first wrote this chapter, I intended it to be the last one and that's why it seems kind of rushed. I later got an idea for another chapter, so there should be at least one more chapter. I don't know when I'll get it written though.***

Chapter Seventeen

Ryan and Maxine threw Lia a party for her fifteenth birthday. They had saved their gift for last. From everyone else Lia had gotten clothes, cds, dvds, makeup, perfume and other things like that. In addition to the new cell phone they had gotten her, Ryan and Max had also gotten her something else.​

"The box is moving!" Lia exclaimed. Everyone laughed. Lia lifted the lid cautiously from the box. A white lab puppy stuck its head out. "A puppy!" She said, picking it up and cuddling it.​

"Aw, how cute!" Nat said.​

"Is it a boy or a girl?" Jake asked.​

Lia looked and said, "It's a girl." She looked at Ryan and Max. "Thank you!" She said, hugging them both.​

"You're welcome." They both said, smiling.​

"Happy birthday, sweet pea." Ryan said, kissing her forehead. "She's been wanting a White Lab ever since she watched the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet." Ryan told his guests.​

"Well, what are you going to name her?" Calleigh asked.​

"Cotton." Lia answered. "'Cause she's fluffy and white like a cotton ball."​

"I think that name suits her." Eric told the girl.​

"I agree." Horatio added.​

"Eric and I have a Sheltie." Nat said. "Eric named him Speed."​

"Jake and I recently got a White Gold." Calleigh said.​

"What's a White Gold?" Kyle asked.​

"It's a Golden Retriever, but it's white. They are hard to come by. Her name is Ritzy."​

~ ~ ~ ​

Natalia was at the hospital waiting for news on a surviving vic.​

"Hi, Natalia." Alexx said, walking toward her.​

"Hi, Alexx." Nat said, hugging her.​

"What brings you by?"​

"I'm waiting for a vic to get out of surgery. I need the bullet."​

"Oh."​

"Uh-oh."​

"What is it, honey?"​

"I think my water just broke."​

~ ~ ~ ​

Eric rushed into the hospital room, seeing Alexx. "Hi, Alexx."​

"Hey, honey."​

"'Talia, where's your doctor?"​

"There are a lot of babies who decided to be born today. Natalia's doctor is across down at another hospital delivering triplets. I'm afraid you're stuck with me since none of the other baby doctors are available right now. But, don't worry, I've done this before."​

"I'm glad it's you." Eric said.​

"Me too." Nat added.​

~ ~ ~ ​

After a couple of hours of labor, the couple finally heard their baby cry.​

"It's a beautiful baby girl." Alexx said, handing the baby to a nurse to clean up. Afterward, the baby was placed in Nat's arms.​

"Alexx, meet Eden Maria Delko." Eric said.​

"That's a beautiful name."​

It wasn't long before the rest of the team came to visit the new addition.​

~ ~ ~
    Several months later

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss your bride." A priest said. Horatio pulled Yelina closer and kissed her. "I present Mr. and Mrs. Horatio Caine."​

~ ~ ~ ​

Ryan and Lia were standing in the living room waiting for whatever it was that Max was about to tell them.​

"I'm pregnant!" She said.​

"That's awesome!" Lia said, hugging her.​

Ryan let out a "woo-hoo" before hugging and kissing his wife.​

~ ~ ~ ​

Calleigh was sitting at the dinner table with Jake and Duke.​

"So, what's this new you have to tell us, lambchop?" Duke asked.​

"Well... Daddy, it appears that you are finally going to be a grandfather." ​

"You're..." Jake paused, feeling speechless.​

"Yep!"​

"All right!" Jake said, getting up and pulling Calleigh gently from her chair and hugging her.​

"That's great news, honey." Duke said, hugging his daughter and shaking Jake's hand.​

~ ~ ~ ​

Max reached for the phone right before it rang. "Hello?"​

"Hey, Max."​

"Hi, Calleigh. I was just about to call you. I have something to tell you."​

"Me too."​

"I'm pregnant!" Both women said at the same time. "You're pregnant?" They both said and then laughed and congratulated each other. Both of them told their husbands that the other woman was pregnant. They decided to tell Horatio and Yelina later, as they were on their honeymoon. Eric and Natalia had gone with their baby to see Nat's family.​

~ ~ ~ ​

Max and Ryan had twins sons they named Matthew Ryan and Owen Seth. Calleigh's baby had been born on the same day, so Cal and Max shared a room. Calleigh and Jake had a little girl that they named Zoey Amber.​

(end of chapter)​

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  2. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

Awww, that was really sweet. And I didn't think it seemed too rushed; it was fine.

3. mjszud

mjszud Captain

There's something in the water they're drinking, huh? :lol:
    I love that Alexx got to deliver Eden. :adore:
    H & Y getting hitched....I knew it. :thumbsup:
    Will be wait patiently for the next chapter! :p

4. GregNickRyanFan

Hehe. I just for some reason had that scene in my head of Max and Calleigh telling each other at the same time that they are pregnant. :lol: I had to use it.

5. mjszud

mjszud Captain

^^^ Well, just so you know, it isn't that far fetched because when I found out I was pregnant with my first daughter it was just a few weeks later my sister found out that she was pregnant also (a girl as well) - then 2 months after that my best friend was pregnant too (also with a girl)...so, odd as it seems, it sometimes just happens that way. You did a good job with it. :)

6. GregNickRyanFan

Yeah, my cousins (who are sibs) had their first kids on the same day. Both were boys. They got preg with their second kids around the same time too, though they were born several months apart and were opposite genders. :lol:

7. beautifuldisaster

beautifuldisaster Lab Technician

i loved that chapter!!!!

it was so good!!!! =)

keep up the good work!!!!!!

well nothing cool like all that happened in my family but half of my family names starts with k's

theres:

Kiley, Kelby, Kade, Kelden, Keaton, Kendall, & Kaelyn.

so thats pretty much our family lol

8. GregNickRyanFan

My family has a lot of C's. :lol:

I finally got my computer fixed. Yay! I have started on the next chapter, but haven't yet finished it. As soon as I finish it, I'll get it posted. Hopefully by the weekend. :)

9. beautifuldisaster

okkkk!!!! well kelbys my sister and im kiley but all the other ones are cousins! cant wait for the new chapterrrr!!!!!!!

10. GregNickRyanFan

I'm sorry I haven't gotten the chapter done yet. Having some work done on the house that required loud hammering and drilling and it's been kind of hard to think. :lol: Plus, I'm having trouble with this chapter. since it'll probably be the last chapter, I don't want to rush it. I will try to write on it some tonight. :)

---

Edited to add update: I have finally finished writing the chapter. I've decided though that it won't be the last chapter. I may write an epilogue after this chapter though. Anyway, I'll try to get the chapter up either later on tonight or sometime tomorrow.

Teaser: Two people lose a parent (each).

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  11. GregNickRyanFan

Update: Okay, I've written two more chapters in addition to the one I mentioned earlier. So there are only three more chapters to this story. I got bitten by an idea, started writing and couldn't stop until it was finished. I'll try to get the first of those chapters up today sometime. Right now though, I must go eat lunch. :)

12. beautifuldisaster

cant waitttttt!

hope to be readin soonnnnn!!!!

keep it uppppp!!!!

13. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Oh good, Im glad you thought of some more!!! Can't wait to read it. :p

14. GregNickRyanFan

***Please forgive any typos. My left hand has been feeling tingly (like it's asleep) for the past couple of days and it makes it a little difficult to type sometimes lol.***

Chapter Eighteen

Ryan, Horatio and Calleigh went to the Miami airport. There was an apparent murder that occured aboard an airplane.

"Hey," Jake greeted them.

"Detective Berkeley," Horatio said, taking off his sunglasses, "what do we have here?"

"Female vic, mid thirties to early forties. She was found dead in the bathroom on the plane. Witnesses say she was with a man. There's no ID."

The four of them went onto the plane, seeing Elaine already there examining the body.

"COD, Doctor Keeley?"

"I can tell you more when I get her back to the morgue, but as of right nwo, it looks like blunt force trauma to the head."

Calleigh looked closely at the dead woman, whose eyes were opened. Ryan could not see her because he was behind the others. "There's something about her," Calleigh said, "those eyes look so familiar." She shurgged, not being able to place the woman. "Ryan, could you hand me the UV light, please?"

"Sure," Ryan said as he got it out of his kit. He moved closer to hand it to her and that's when he saw the body. "Oh, God!"

"What is it, darlin'?" Elaine's Irish brogue was soft and caring.

"Tina."

"Tina?"

"Wait... as in Lia's mother? That's why the eyes looked familiar. They remind me of Lia," said Calleigh.

"Horatio, I think this may be a conflict of interest for me."

"Okay, Ryan. You may go on home. You need to tell Lia about her mother." Horatio's phone rang and he answered it. "Caine."

"H."

"Eric, what's wrong?"

"They found Julia. Horatio, it's not good; she's dead."

"Thanks for letting me know, Eric." He hung up the phone.

"Horatio, is something wrong?" Calleigh asked as Ryan, Jake and Elaine looked on.

"Julia... has been found dead." He put his sunglasses back on. "I need to go tell Kyle. Can you and Jake handle this scene?"

"Sure, no problem. Tell Kyle and Lia I'm sorry, guys."

"Okay." Both men said, leaving the crime scene.

~ ~ ~

Ryan walked into his house and put his keys on the counter. "Max?" He walked into the living room seeing the twins in their swings. "Hey, there are my little guys." He carefully lifted one twin and then the other into his arms. "Daddy missed you." He placed a kiss on the forehead of each boy. "Where's your Mommy?" Just then, Max walked out of the bathroom. "Oh, there she is. Hey, babe."

"Ryan! What are you doing home so early?"

"We have to talk."

"Did something happen?"

"Yes, something did."

"Is Lia okay?"

"She's fine, but..." They placed the twins back in their swings.

"Ryan, what's going on?"

"Horatio, Cal and I went to a scene today. I couldn't see the vic at first because I was standing behind the others. Cal said she had familiar looking eyes. She asked me to hand her something and when I came around to hand it to her, I saw the vic and realized I knew her."

"Who?"

"Lia's mother."

"Oh, God!"

"Yeah, we were at the airport. She was killed on the plane. I guess she finally realized after all this time that she left her daughter behind." They heard a bark at the back door and Ryan got up to let Cotton in. "Hey, girl." He reached down to pet the dog. She went immediately to her water bowl and started lapping up the liquid greedily.

"There's more isn't there?"

"Yes, Max. Julia was found dead today as well."

"Kyle's mom?"

"Yes."

"Where has she been all of this time?"

"I don't know."

The two adults didn't realize that Kyle and Lia had come in and had overheard their conversation (about Julia) until they heard Lia calling after Kyle. Max picked up the phone to call and let Horatio know that Kyle was at their house after having brought Lia home from school.

Lia finally got Kyle to come inside. She looked at Ryan. "What is it?"

"I need to talk to you, honey."

"Kyle, why don't you come into the kitchen with me for a minute."

"Okay, Maxine." Kyle followed her into the kitchen.

"Have a seat, sweetheart," Ryan told his niece.

"Uncle Ryan, what's going on?"

"Today at work, Calleigh and I went with Horatio to the airport."

"Someone was killed at the airport?"

"On a plane actually, in the bathroom."

"Oh."

"I'm so sorry, Lia. It was your mom."

"Oh. Did she suffer?"

"I don't know, honey. Elaine said it looked like blunt force trauma to the head, but she'll know more after the autopsy."

"Oh, okay."

"Are you okay, sweetie?"

"I'm fine. I really have very little feeling for her since she abandonded me in favor of the jerk who probably killed her."

"Why do you think that?"

"Because the husband is always the first suspect and a large percentage of women killed are killed by someone they know... and a lot are by their spouses."

"Yeah, I guess."

"I'm worried about Kyle though."

"I know, honey."

"I'm gonna go see if he's okay."

"Honey, are you sure you're okay?"

"I promise I'm okay, Uncle Ryan. I have no reason to be upset. I have you and Max. I don't need Tina. I never did. I feel like the luckiest girl in the whole world, as corny as that may sound. You and Max care way more than Tina ever did. And I have the sweetest little cousins in the world." She went over to the twins and gave each one a kiss. The boys smiled at her. She walked back over to Ryan. "Try not to worry too much about me, Uncle Ryan."

"Easier said than done, sweet pea."

"I love you, Uncle Ryan." She kissed his cheek.

"I love you too, angel." He smiled, framing her face with his hands and kissing her forehead. She got up and went into the kitchen.

(end chapter)​

Teaser for Chapter 19:

Tina's luggage had hidden a secret that no one else knew, no one except for Lia.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  15. beautifuldisaster

very interestin chapter!!!!

i loved it though!!!!

cant wait 2 c wat you have next!!!!!!!

and im with mj, im so glad u have more chapters!!!!!