NCIS thread #2: post here or get your head slapped

Discussion in 'NCIS & NCIS: LA' started by JediCSI72, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

I loved Ziva immediately as a character, so I thought I wouldn't like Kate at all (actually, I think I was almost determined NOT to like her) but after watching the entire 2nd season, I decided she's a great character - but I still like Ziva better. Ziva and Tony put themselves on equal footing, and although there's tons of teasing between them, I think there's also alot of equal respect there for eachother too, IMO. With Kate/Tony, I got the impression that Kate didn't have as much respect for him - until she almost lost him in "SWAK", then she realized how much she cared for him. Plus I really like the McGee character, and Kate always joined Tony in badgering him in S2, and definitely didn't show much respect for him (although I do realize the "probie" will get the butt of the teasing). Once again, just my opinion, but I think Ziva has a much greater underlying respect for McGee as both a person and as a fledgling agent, and it shows. Her teasing of him is more tempered and good natured, and less condescending.

2. grissoms_gurl

grissoms_gurl Coroner

I did not like Ziva when she was introduced to the show.. I was a hardcore Kate fan! I didn't think that she could replace Kate by any means. But Ziva has really grown into the show, and does an excellent job! She has great chemistry with the whole cast!!

3. Grissom_Mad

Grissom_Mad Rookie

Does anyone know where I can find Gibbs wallpaper with him smiling? My mum wants one for our laptop :p. Thanks in advance.

4. JediCSI72

JediCSI72 Witness

Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of either one. I don't dislike either one, but for me, they could lose Ziva and it wouldn't change anything for me. Losing Kate didn't really upset me. I found it interesting for the drama it brought in, but it wasn't really upsetting.

5. Palm

Palm Coroner

*cough* I love Ziva. So many things she does makes me giggle. Like licking Tony, classic. Or the way she misunderstands English. Like when she says "Out on a Boat!" and Tony says "The expression is Out and About."
    I think she's such a cute addition to the show.

But I did like Kate. I thought she was amusing the way she koined in whole-heartedly with Tony in freaking out McGee. Like in the episode with the Mafia, when they made him walk ahead and they stayed behind, making him get all edgy. Tee hee!

Both of them I think are excellent. Gah. Can't help it. I love everyone on NCIS. Except the FBI & the CIA. Jerks.

6. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

I TOTALLY agree with everything you said! I <3 everyone! I mean...even Palmer adds a great deal to the show. I must confess, DiNozzo is my favorite. And Ziva. And Gibbs. OH And McGee!!! AND ABBY! Hehe. Honestly though, on every show there is at least ONE person I dislike...not here! :p

I'm just rambling on. Over look me. :D

7. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

My friend FatCat does some NCIS wallpapers on her site.
    http://www.fatcatart.hk.ms/ If you use them, just give her credit.

And in the Kate/Ziva competition, while I'm not a big fan of Ziva, I don't dislike her the way I hated Kate.
    I always felt that Kate never respected Tony, even though he was a much more experienced agent.
    Kate was also a hypocrite. She got away with doing a lot of things that if Tony had done them to her, she would have been outraged by them. (stealing his hat and using it to feed her dog, having Abby mock up an embarassing photo of him, conspiring with Abby to cheat McGee out of a bet) and don't get me started on all the times Kate physically assaulted Tony.

I think Ziva has her bad points as well, I'm still a bit disgusted after her attitude in Jeopardy, when the prisoner died in her custody. (she was only cleared because she got the benefit of the doubt, they couldn't prove one way or another whether she was responsible, but to see her attitude it was like she'd been fully exonerated "there's a funny story behind that dead body driving the car, Director".)

8. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Well, I was never that crazy about Kate & I'm not that crazy about Ziva. As far as Kate getting away with stuff well.....sorry but, Tony has also. I've never liked the way Tony has disrespected McGee since he's been with the team. Tony has alot of growing up to do. Thinks he's hot stuff. I love it when Gibbs slaps him on the back of the head. I tell him to do it harder that he deserves it. LOL

9. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

Hey thanks for sharing that! I usually make my own stuff, but she has some HOT wallpapers! :D Niiice.

10. Grissom_Mad

Grissom_Mad Rookie

Hey thanks for the link they wallpapers on there are amazing. My mum will be so happy :-D.

On the Zive/Kate debate, I liked Kate. I was shocked when she left then when they brought Ziva in I didn't really like her, but now I think she is brill.

11. Palm

Palm Coroner

I really wish they'd release Season 3 on DVD already. I'd help to have something to watch during the break D:

And watching the first two over and over again makes you look sorta creeped out

12. WP_Rocks_MY_World

WP_Rocks_MY_World CSI Level Three

I love Ziva! :D
    When I first started watching NCIS, I only saw maybe 5 eps with Kate before she died. :( That shock me the way she died. :eek:

Then along came Ziva. :D I became a fan instantly. I know die-hard fans still prefer Kate. But, I came when Ziva's character came along so I had no problem at all accepting her.
    In some ways she reminds me of Sophia C. and how she came aboard CSI. Fans didn't care for her too and it was my first year of CSI so again I had no problem with her character coming aboard. :D

---------------
    [​IMG]

13. Danique

Danique Rookie

I watched NCIS from the beginning and I loved Kate, I hate that she dead and I want to hate Ziva, but I just can't. She funny and now I also love Ziva :p I don't really care if it's Ziva or Kate, as long as Tony stays :p

(sorry if the sentences aren't correct but I'm not English)

14. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Heads up everyone.

NCIS S3 check it out

15. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

Thanks for the link. I know what I'll be buying, in April! :D Nice artwork, too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.