NCIS: Los Angeles

Discussion in 'NCIS & NCIS: LA' started by E/C Lover, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Okay... I started to watch the show a year ago.. and then let go because.. I'm sorry but I feel both LL and CHrist are just so... bad (IMHO) but Linda Hunt. Man she kicks ass.

:lol:

So during the summer I watched rest of the episodes, actually liked 'em - I guess I wasn't ready for the show last autumn :p
    Even I still feel Chris and LL feel somehow.. clumsy or.. I don't know. And no, I am not comparing to original.
    BUT... I think they've found their own style and thank god not exact copy of original one.

As for season openers. I just keep wondering how long they'll keep us guessing where Nate went

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Source: EW (NOTE: This is a cruel answer)

Question: I am just wondering about NCIS: Los Angeles and the status of Peter Cambor and his character Nate; in the premiere episode he’s only listed as a special guest star. What’s going on?

Ausiello: You’ll get your answer in next week’s episode.

3. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

What kind of answer is that! :wtf:

Susan

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

WTF? First Dom and now Nate? Nooooo! Nate was my favorite after Callen and Eric. :sigh:

5. Ducky

Exactly. Perhaps they're just trying to upset fans :lol: :lol:

6. Destiny

Psst... Let me give you a hint.

Episode 203
    The NCIS team jumps into action when video surveillance footage shows an ambush on a humvee transporting Marines in the desert. Meanwhile, Nate returns from his mystery assignment.

NCIS Special Agent G. Callen... Chris O'Donnell
    NCIS Special Agent Sam Hanna... LL COOL J
    Henrietta "Hetty" Lange... Linda Hunt
    Operational Psychologist Kensi Blye ... Daniela Ruah
    LAPD Detective Marty Deeks... Eric Christian Olsen
    Tech Operator Eric Beal... Barrett Foa
    Operational Psychologist Nate Getz... Peter Cambor

;)

7. kaybee988

kaybee988 Witness

This show. I want to get into it and love it. I really do but they're making it so hard.
    For the first 5 minutes I thought the premiere was awesome and that we might finally get some answers but then the whole chase scene turns out to be a dream and really he just managed to get an iphone video? Talk about a letdown.
    I like CO and LL's chemistry and partnership but the cases just never seem that interesting to me. One or two in the first season but they mystery I most want to learn about is Callen and they seem to be dragging that out for the whole series.
    I like the addition of Eric Christian Olsen and Hattie seems to be better this season but it's going to have to step it up to get me to commit to a 3rd season.

8. Destiny

Then I hate to be the bad news person lol but you gonna be waiting on that. A page back in a spoiler tag named "preview" it stated (and I can post this cause its generic info that we all expected, knew, etc.

"If you want to know what's behind that moment, you're going to have to wait until the end of NCIS: Los Angeles in 10 years time," Brennan says with a laugh. "I've always said that Callen finding himself is the journey this audience will be taken on.

There is more to this whole quote & preview but that is where the spoiler tag comes in, if you don't mind them just go back one page and look for that post. ;)

9. kaybee988

kaybee988 Witness

Ugh great :rolleyes: :lol: Well they better find another way to keep me entertained :lol:

10. Destiny

Hey if the storylines don't keep you entertained just watching the guys err flex their muscles, can help. :lol: :D

11. kaybee988

kaybee988 Witness

Haha yeah I do love me some Chris O'Donnell. :drool:

12. Destiny

Nate oh nate, where have you gone? Well Peter Cambor who plays him gives little back story and hints of the future. But where does that leave Nate now? Well lets read.

Source: TvGuide

Exclusive: What's Next for NCIS: Los Angeles' Nate?

On Tuesday's NCIS: Los Angeles, team psychologist Nate returned from his top-secret assignment, only to leave again by episode's end. Is he gone for good?

"I don't think this is the last you'll see of Nate," Peter Cambor tells TVGuide.com of his character's arc. "It's kind of a big mystery. If there's not a bullet in my head, I'm not gone. It's left open-ended for some reason, and that adds to the mystery."

Cambor says he's been sworn to secrecy by executive producer Shane Brennan, who first pitched the storyline to Cambor last season. "I was like, 'Oh, that's different than what I thought it was going to be,' but I totally understand the reasons," Cambor says. "It's just part of the deal."

"It's a really exciting profession in the sense that you don't know what the next day's going to bring," he says. "It can be awesome, crazy, surprising and scary, but that's part of why I signed up to do this. In a strange way, being an NCIS agent is a microcosm for the entertainment business."

For those viewers dying for answers about what Nate is up to, Cambor suggests looking more closely at Nate's body language in the most recent episode. "In 'Borderline,' when you see Nate, he's been through something," he says. "He's got what the other agents have: he's got a little bit of the thousand yard stare. He's learning how to use a gun, and there's a reason for that.

Is Nate in training to become a full-fledged agent? That answer may lie with Hetty (Linda Hunt), Cambor says. "Hetty definitely has everything to do with it," he says. "She was watching Callen [Chris O'Donnell] for a long time before he became an agent. She pulls the strings when they need to be pulled, and she knows when people are ready."

Wherever Nate's headed — Callen's hint suggests Iraq or Afghanistan — look for him to be there a while.

Cambor's status on the show has been changed from series regular to special guest star, ensuring viewers won't see him every week. But Cambor promises even greater changes in his character when he next appears.

"Nate is going to continue to change and evolve, and it's going to be a long road between here and what happens to him," Cambor says. "I'm really excited about how this all played out."

13. Destiny

Source: EW

Question: Got any NCIS: LA scoop?

Ausiello:
    The show is on the lookout for a sixtysomething with a slight German accent to play the recurring role of a retiree who, though blind, still sees the fun in manipulating people. And since the character is named Burgess, I’m thinking the show is a fan of the Penguin.

14. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

I tried to watch NCIS: LA again Tuesday, but I just can't get into the show. It seems like they're trying too hard to recreate the dynamic of the NCIS characters without giving any attention to the plot. Everything seems cutesy and forced.

15. Ducky

^^ Agreed with your last sentence

About Nate. I was wondering, when people were guessing how come the actor has been listed as "guest star" and I just think (or hope) that it's the producers way to keep the mystery. I mean if actors is kept in starring list, people would know he's coming back.

Just like (was it season 3 or 4 where Gibbs had moustache (sp?) and for those few episodes, opening credits had pics of MH with moustache and when he shaved, opening credit pics changed as well ;)
    [which made at least me scream OH MY GOD IS HE GOING TO HAVE THOSE THE WHOLE SEASON!?]