NASCAR

Right now they have me so thoroughly confused as to what they're doing from week to week.

Me too! I have to make a list of what time things start, lol...

Sunday's race is the last FOX televised race

wow...I did not even realize that.

Since NBC gets the second half, :devil:

What makes it even more sad is they switched the positions of Allan(sp) Bestwick & Bill Weber. I've always liked Bestwick, clear back to when he was on the radio broadcast. I have never cared for Weber at all.

At least we get Benny Parsons now.

ugh...I so don't wanna lose Allen from the booth, I'm with you, I don't much care for Webber either. I even emailed NBC about it too, not that I got a response. I like Wally a lot though, he cracks me up! And Benny is great as well....a true legend!

I have a question...do y'all watch just the Nextel Cup Series or Busch and Trucks as well?

I watch and love all 3 series! :D

I tend to watch Cup only. I usually forget when the Busch & Truck races usually are. This season I've tried to catch the few Busch races that Elliott's been in. I did watch part of last week's race at Kentucky when Hermie Sadler was in the broadcast booth.

I'm a huge Nascar fan! I have been all my life but didnt really get "into" it unill 1996. My all time favorite is and forever will be Jeff Gordon! But right now Jimmie Johnson, Kasey Kahne, and Brian Vickers are my favorite too along with Jeff.

:devil:

The race that I decided not to watch, and Tony Stewart wins.

Well, tonight Speed channel is replaying the Infineon Race so I'll get to watch it, even though I know the outcome.

:devil:

I'm a huge Nascar fan! I have been all my life but didnt really get "into" it unill 1996. My all time favorite is and forever will be Jeff Gordon! But right now Jimmie Johnson, Kasey Kahne, and Brian Vickers are my favorite too along with Jeff.

You did pick a good one Jeff is my #1 but after Jimmie I'd put Dale Jarrett and Rusty Wallace
I use to watch it more when Petty and Dale Earnhart were racing. It just seemed more intense. This was before Jeff ever started.

Baba - I've done the same thing the last few times Elliott Sadler won. When he won in Sept., I was at work and listened to the first half. It got boring, so I turned the station. I check the internet and if Elliott isn't in the lead. Then I turned the radio station back. That same night I was taped the Kentucky-Louisville football game instead (with Kentucky of course getting beat royally). Unfortunately, I don't have SPEED, so I didn't get to see it.

I got into racing shortly after Gordon started and Petty retired. And even then it seemed more intense than it does now. I always loved Rusty and Dale E. going at it on the track. My dad was an Earnhardt fan and me the Rusty fan, so it was always interesting.

That same night I was taped the Kentucky-Louisville football game instead (with Kentucky of course getting beat royally).
Beth, I'm from Kentucky and oh I hated that game!! I hate Louisville. Big Blue all the way!

ok but back to racing... I read some great news today! Rick Hendrick is a grandfather again! Emily, Ricky's finance, gave birth to a girl, Josephine Riddick "Ricki" Hendrick on June 29th! :) My prayers and blessings go out to Emily and the whole Hendrick and HMS family!

^ That is great news. While I was never a fan of any Hendrick cars, that was one of the most heart breaking things that has happened to NASCAR.

OT: While my loc. is Ohio, I graduated from UK a few years ago. I was a huge basketball fan for years and when I went to school there I had to learn to cheer for the football team. (I just noticed my grammar stunk in that quote. :lol:)

I was a huge basketball fan for years and when I went to school there I had to learn to cheer for the football team.
Yeah as bad as they are at times, well it seems most of the time, I still root for the football team. It's in my blood to root for anything UK lol.

Back