My CSI:NY encounter - the experience of a lifetime

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Orison, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

Wow, Orison I'm really jealous of your set visit! How'd you swing it? I'm heading out that way for a week on business at the end of the month - would be sweet if I could sneak in a side visit. No drinking to sleep through the engagement this time! :lol:

2. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

Orison, I'm so glad you had a wonderful experience with both Hill and Anna, and of course overall on the NY set! Didn't MrsG or someone tell Hill some time ago that you were coming from Italy, at one of his other signings? And he jumped onto his cell phone to see if he could still make it to the next signing? If that's the case as I recall it, then he is one very, very nice man. And kudos to you for those great pictures!

3. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

Orison you have probably done what most of us dream about so in short I'm jealous :lol:. I love the photos & detailed description you provided & I almost felt like I was there myself. Sounds like you had an awesome time.

4. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

Thanks for sharing! Always nice to hear people's stories of meeting celebrities. Glad you had a nice time. Nice to also hear that they are as nice as everyone says. ;)

5. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

Oh you're such a lucky girl. Sounds like you really had a great time over there. Thanks for sharing this experience witu us. And those are really funny pictures.

6. chaostheory08

chaostheory08 CSI Level Three

Wow! So glad to know you had the time of your life....

*turning green in envy lol*

So lucky to get to meet them! Me and my mom were talking about how we would react if we would see Gary -- and boy, both of us would be near unconsciousness hahahah! I swear, when I get to LA, the first thing I will do is snoop around and find the set hahahahah!

Great experience, Orison! :D Thanks for sharing it with us.

7. ka990

ka990 Police Officer

Hi Orison - I won't try and describe the shade of green I am right now!! :D Was Eddie there, or at least his car in his space? :lol: Does this mean we will soon be reading another interview Top has done with someone on the cast? :lol:

8. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

No, you don't suck, you're just busy. :) I thought I'd post this anyway because the picture you took was similar to the one I have.

Yes, they told him about me and true to his words he did his best to be at the book fair. He is such a nice man and has the sweetest smile, anyone who has the chance to go to one of his signings should definitely approach him. :)

And thanks everybody!

9. MelakaFray

MelakaFray Hit and Run

Sounds like you had a great time! I was over in L.A early to mid september also, and i got the chance to look around the CSI set, beacuse i had been in contact with the production designer on the show, and so got a chance to look around.
    Like the N.Y sets the Vegas ones are amazing, they're so clean looking and the technolgy and attention to detail in them is amazing, it is surreal to be in them, and then go back to watching it on t.v and to think ive been on there!

Where is the N.Y one filmed, i know Vegas is at universal, but not about the other two.

10. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

Glad to know someone understands how I feel... *lol* Surreal's definitely the word. :)

11. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

I'm jealous... very jealous... Anna is my favorite ever, and you met her.. lucky luck girl... :lol: I'm glad you had a good time though. I went to LA back in Jiuly nd went on a WB studio tour (I'm a hauge Gilmore Girl fan). I didn't get to meet (or see) any of the actors, but being on the set was an undescribable experience, so I know where you're coming from.

12. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

It's weird because I took the WB tour too and it was ALL about "Gilmore Girls"! We even met one of the actress but I don't watch that show so I wasn't impressed... :)

And yeah, Anna is a sweetheart. She was so nice it was like I was talking to a long-time friend rather than an actress I'd seen on TV.

13. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

Great story, Orison! I'm so glad you finally posted about that so everyone could read about how fantastic Hill was and what a sweetheart Anna was. That's a great experience.

14. Daisy

Daisy Pathologist

What a great story. How did you get there? I'm glad you all had fun, but you have to understand I'm really jealous now :lol: ;)

15. Nim

Nim Pathologist

YEAH, finally I see the morgue pics!!! You're a very happy corpse :D
    Next time, remember to leave a message under the wipers of Carmine's car... :devil:

Oh, Hill... so sweet :)