Movies you think no one has ever heard of

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by MakeTracksCowboy, Jan 24, 2008.

1. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

^ :lol: Yeah I'm kinda good with names....hehe
    It's always the same with my parents. They say "I've seen this movie with this actor. You know, the one with the hair and two arms" :lol: And I know which actor they mean. (of course this was exaggerated but close)

2. katelynn

katelynn Lab Technician

hahaha thats funny "the one with the hair and two arms".

Usually my friends are famous for "you know, the guy with the face".... oh yes, i know EXACTLY who you're talking about now! LOL.

Has anyone heard of/seen the movie Category 7... its kind of a TV movie - but on DVD.

3. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Haha, believe it or not, I have seen these movies way before CSI started! :lol:

As for No Reservations, I have seen that one last year. Made me quite hungry in fact. I just love good food. :lol:

4. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

This thread is bad. Now I'm going to sit at home watching all these movies!

I'm not sure if this is well known, but my friends and family have never heard of it...

Swing Kids - Robert Sean Leonard (from House)

I only know it because I have a huge crush on RSL. Heheh.
    Theres a great clip from the movie on youtube of RSL dancing.

5. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Heh, we're actually watching that in history right now because of the Holocaust. When it started I was like, "OMG IT'S WILSON!" and my teacher was like, "erm... no it's not" :wtf: I love him too. :p

It's a pretty good movie but we haven't finished it yet. I just enjoy seeing Robert dance like a loser. :lol:

6. Amanda_Ruth

Amanda_Ruth Witness

Um... let's see. I've got a few more to add on to this list.

Big with Tom Hanks... it might be popular with older folks, but not many people my age have seen it, which is a downright shame.
    Much Ado About Nothing with Kenneth Branagh, Emma Thompson, Robert Sean Leonard (that's for you, MaddyAnn ;)), and Kate Beckinsale. Oh my... I shouldn't forget Keanu Reeves, Denzel Washington, or Michael Keaton, should I? It's a Shakespeare movie... that's why I believe not many people have seen it.

7. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

Georgy Girl movie from the 60's (in black & white) has a young Vanessa Redgrave

Zapped! (80's movie with scott baio)

Cherry 2000 (Mad Max like movie)

I have alot more but can't think of them right now. Will have to come back and post more. But since I'm a movie bluff it might be a long list.

8. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

I have a few:

Cutthroat Island (Geena Davis and Rex Linn of CSI Miami)
    The Long Kiss Goodnight (Geena Davis again)
    Educating Rita (Michael Caine and Julie Walters)
    Blame it on Rio (Michael Caine and Demi Moore)
    Love Potion #9 (Sandra Bullock)

9. cathwillows

^ :lol: I've seen all of these movies! Some of them were on TV not too long ago.

And of course I know Big with Tom Hanks! (I'm 21 btw) It's a nice movie and a very weird thing to happen. I love Tom Hanks :D

10. katelynn

katelynn Lab Technician

Wow i havent seen the movie big for a long time! I feel like renting it now! haha way to go!

has anyone seen the flock with Richard Gere, claire danes and Avril Lavigne. i dont know if its out yet but ive seen it... not a bad movie, kinda weird!!! im not a big richard gere fan but it was good

11. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

According to my friends, I have an obscure taste in movies, but anyway...

Flawless- Robert DeNiro, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Rory Cochrane (who kinda/sorta sings and plays guitar)
    Driven- Sylvester Stallone, Kip Pardue, Robert Sean Leonard
    Get Over It- Ben Foster, Kirsten Dunst, Mila Kunis, Shane West
    Imaginary Heroes- Sigourney Weaver, Jeff Daniels, Michelle Williams, Kip Pardue
    Liberty Heights- Ben Foster, Adrien Brody, Orlando Jones
    Out Cold- Jason London, Lee Majors, Zach Galifianakis
    We Are Marshall- Matthew McConaughey, Matthew Fox
    Right At Your Door- Mary McCormack, Rory Cochrane

12. Marns

Marns CSI Level Two

I've seen We Are Marshall. Sad movie, but a good one.

I've seen No Reservations too.. :D Was so cute. Abigail Breslin is quite a good actress!

13. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

WOW! I don't know how I missed this thread...Although I haven't had time to sit down and watch a movie in ages one I think no one's heard of are:

The Cable Guy (came on TV a while back) - Jim Carrey and Matthew Broderick.
    It's a really weird but a very funny movie..

Dogma - Matt Damon, Ben Affleck

Unbreakable - Bruce Willis
    Its not really the type of movie you'd expect Bruce to be in, and at times its boring but I have seen it...

and that's probably all I can think of right now but I'll add more later...

I know I've seen alot of Tom Hanks movies that I believe no one's heard of but right now I can't remember their names... :lol:

ETA: oh wait I have a more

Drop Dead Fred :lol: and Catergory 7 ehehehe that's it for now haha

Last edited: May 31, 2008
  14. cathwillows

I've seen these movies! The Cable Guy was a REALLY weird movie and Jim Carrey was simply a freak :lol: I'm still not quite sure what the movie wanted to tell us :p

Dogma was pretty funny! Why the heck was God played by Alanis Morissette?! :guffaw:I loved Silent Bob!

Unbreakable was strange...Samuel L. Jackson played a weirdo. Did they give an explanation of why Bruce Willis was like he was? Does that make sense? I don't want to give anything away for those who haven't seen it yet, but why was he different from all the others? I think I've never seen the movie as a whole, either just the beginning half or the end :lol:

15. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

haha I know eh? but that sorta role, in some weird, sick and twisted way suited Jim...I don't get what the movies wanted to tell us either :p It was a very weird movie :lol:

Ha, I have no idea but the movie itself was like you said, pretty funny! :guffaw:

ha, I get what you're trying to say...they don't give any clear explanation till the twist in the movie...I'm gonna put a spoiler code just incase others haven't seen it yet ;)
    In the final moments of the film, David (Bruce's character) attends an exhibition at Elijah's (Samuel's character) gallery. David shakes Elijah's hand and discovers to his horror that Elijah has committed several acts of sabotage, a plane crash, a hotel fire and the train accident that David was involved in, with the purpose of finding someone who could miraculously survive. Elijah insists that the deaths were justified by finally finding David. He then explains that he has come to realize his purpose in life: Elijah is the villain to David's hero.

I hope my spoiler made sense, it still sounds confusing when I read it again...If you've watched the movie the spoiler should really make sense. I think from reading the spoiler you'll understand why Samuel's character was soo creepy...I remember another movie similar to this that Bruce starred in, has anyone heard of/or seen The Sixth Sense - that was a very weird role for Bruce too...He doesn't suit the thriller type movies...unless it's an action thriller...

A few other I think no one will have heard of:

Splash (Tom Hank) - Its a fun but very perdictable movie...

Inside Man (Denzel Washington) - This came out a few years ago but everytime I ask my friends if they've seen it, they're like huh? :lol: :p It was a very cool movie, and the story is quiet interesting...

John Q (Denzel Washington) - omg. I love this movie so much has anyone else seen it?!

Last edited: May 31, 2008