Movies you think no one has ever heard of

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by MakeTracksCowboy, Jan 24, 2008.

1. katelynn

katelynn Lab Technician

Another movie is
    NO RESERVATIONS.
    for some reason ppl i have asked they haven't heard of this movie,
    which it was in theatres (here anyways).... but im sure some people on this board have seen and/or heard of the movie!

2. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

Oh oh, I've heard of it and I so wanted to see it (Catherine :D ) but never got the chance to :( But I definitely will see it someday ;)

3. allmaple

allmaple Judge

ive heard of no reservations and wanted to see it, but i dont think it did very well. it was in theaters for like a week. maybe ill rent it soon :)

i think it would be interesting to see if anyone outside of canada has heard of these:

men with brooms - paul gross and lesley neilsen, about curling (of course :lol:)
    mambo italiano - italian family living in montreal and the son comes out
    bon cop bad cop - half in french half in english, a serial killer is murdering hockey players, and the first victim is found on the border of ontario and quebec (actually a comedy)

from reading reviews of these movies i think non-canadians just dont get the humor

4. katelynn

katelynn Lab Technician

No reservations wasn't a bad movie, but its not what the previews made it look like to be thats for sure!

"mambo Italiano" is a cute movie!

5. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

Omg! We had Mambo Italiano on TV last monday I think :lol: Before that I'd never heard of that movie...but now ;) I liked what I saw, which wasn't much because it was on around 7am and I had to leave for school :rolleyes: I really want to see the whole thing.

6. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

OMG! I've seen this one a looong time ago! Kinda Cinderella-esque. This was supposed to launch Ally Sheedy into super-stardom. Alas, it bombed in the box office. :lol:

So freaking hilarious this movie! :lol:

My cousin would sing Home every time we had to perform in front of the grandparents. I think she did to annoy me. :lol:

I actually saw this one at the theatre several months ago...Made me quite hungry with all the food featured. :lol:

Has anyone here seen Haunted? It stars Kate Beckinsale and Aidan Quinn. It's definitely one of the scariest films I've ever seen and I don't get scared easily. Here's a pic of the movie poster:

[​IMG]

7. katelynn

katelynn Lab Technician

Yes thats for sure eh, the movie makes you hungry!!

I have heard of that movie Haunted, but I have never actually seen it!
    That male actor in the middle of that poster, he was in Practical Magic right? It totally looks like him!

Another movie i dont think people have seen would be:
    SEASON OF THE HUNTED.

8. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Yup the guy in the middle of the poster is Aidan Quinn. He was in Practical Magic and Legends of the Fall where he played Tristan's older brother Alfred. :D

9. MacsLovlyAngl

MacsLovlyAngl Head of the Graveyard Shift

Practical Magic, Isn't that the one with the sister's that think they are cursed, and can't marry men, until Sandra falls for Aidan and he helps her prove that the curse can be broke

10. katelynn

katelynn Lab Technician

I'm just going to put all of this in a spolier about pratical magic just incase.

in pratical magic they do have a family curse because their mother was
    a "witch" and they were going to hang her. but she survived and she put
    a curse that anyone in the family (or something like that) truly loves someone, that their loved one will die when they hear a certain sound...

They do however end up breaking that curse and is able ot be with him, so thats
    a good thing!

11. MacsLovlyAngl

MacsLovlyAngl Head of the Graveyard Shift

Thanks Katelynn, I thought it was that one, much appriciated. I'm not sure if anyone remember's the movie "While you were sleeping", Sandra played in that too, it was a a nice sweet movie, kinda sad near the end.

12. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Oh I loved While You Were Sleeping too. It was such a beautiful romantic comedy.

Anyway, anybody here ever heard of the film That Night? It stars Juliette Lewis and C. Thomas Howell as the leads while the 10-year old Eliza Dushku is the narrator. Plus, an 11 or 12-year old Katherine Heigl played one of Eliza's friend.

13. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I remember seeing Gracie's Choice, I thought it was a really good movie :)

14. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Anybody here ever seen Aspen Extreme? It stars Paul Gross, Teri Polo, Peter Berg and Finola Hughes. It's about skiing and the Aspen life. Anyway...I thinks it's some kind of B-movie but I love it. :lol:

How about The Cutting Edge? It's about figure skating. It stars Moira Kelly and D.B. Sweeney. One of my favorite romantic films of all time. :D

Yeah, funny how these films are about winter sports...I'm thinking of winter since it's so freaking hot where I am. :lol:

15. katelynn

katelynn Lab Technician

Not a problem!!

I loved that movie "while you were sleeping".
    I also loved her in "wild forces" i believe it was called.

has anyone heard of Son in law ? if you're a polly shore fan you most likely have, its been on tv quite a few times. but no one i know has heard of that movie!!