Movies you think no one has ever heard of

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by MakeTracksCowboy, Jan 24, 2008.

1. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I just ordered a movie from Amazon (came out in the late 80's) that's phenomenal to watch- very cinematic. It's called The Big Blue. It has a French director (Luc Besson) but filmed in English. It was huge in France and did so-so in North America. It's a beautiful fim to watch though- about a guy who feels more at home in the ocean with dolphins than he does with people. Highly recommend it if you're into movies that aren't that mainstream.

2. Miss_Undercover

Miss_Undercover Judge

BabyOReilly

I love the movie * The Big Blue * very much. A breath-taking film is over the deep sea dipping to thus set up new world records.
    Because one dips without diving equipment. In the main role the France actor Jean Reno and Roseanna Arquette.
    And I have fast all DVD's of Luc Besson because he's a true genius. I saw the film already over 10 times.

3. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

^^^ Don't forget the main character played by Jean Marc Barr. He was fantastic in such an understated way, it's hard to describe. He seemed very real. And he's also probably the best looking man I've ever seen in my life. I mean, today he's still handsome, but 20 years ago... Man oh man. I've been in love with that character since I first saw the movie back then. I really do believe I have never felt more of a "Oh my gawd he's the most beautiful man alive" moment than when I watched this film. Ever. :lol: But it's also a compelling role- there's just something about the character that draws you in and holds you.

Incidentally, Jean Reno was amazing in the film. He had me laughing all the time. Fantastico! :)

4. HarleyQuinn

HarleyQuinn Witness

I LOVE the Court Jester and Robin Hood: Men In Tights, but nobody but my family seem to know about them D;

5. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

Has anyone seen the movie The Skulls starring Joshua Jackson (stars in Dawson's Creek as Pacey Witter), Paul Walker, Hill Harper (CSI NY as Sheldon Hawkes) and William Peterson (CSI: LV as Gil Grissom).

I was watching it the other day and I thought it was quiet good movie, but weird at the same time haha.

6. Marns

Marns CSI Level Two

Robin Hood: Men In Tights is awesome. :D It's so funny.

7. CarmineFan

CarmineFan Lab Technician

Anyone heard of The secret of Nimh?
    I loved this movie when I was a child

8. shazza_018

^Yes I've heard of the secret of nimh!!!

Its a pretty good movie eh!?!?! - I love watching it when I was younger too!

9. CarmineFan

CarmineFan Lab Technician

Yeah, it definitely is. It came to my mind again when I was lying in bed someday this week. And I like it even it is almost 18 year since I watched it the last time.

10. katelynn

katelynn Lab Technician

I haven't seen that movie in the longest time!!
    I don't even think that I've seen SKULLS II in the longest time.

I should probably start watching those movies again.
    they are pretty good, at least i think so haha.

11. shazza_018

PHHH! I actually didn't watch it all of it I just watched it for like the first hour and 1/2 and then it was getting late so I went to sleep but I am totally going to rent it so I can watch it all the way through!!

I've heard there's a sequel but I haven't seen SKULLS II!! but I will totally check it out!!

It's a pretty good movie but it still kinda creeped me out! hahaha

12. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

omag i love Hocus Pocus i used to watch this all the time. i just found out last year that Sean Murray from NCIS was the cat lol. he was soo young and it seems a bit skinner too lol. i love McGee. i can't believe this movie is 15 years old, i remember watching this all the time when i was little.

anyone ever heard of "Paper Moon"? it's an older movie with Ryan O'Neal (he plays Brennan's dad on Bones), his real life daughter Tatum and Madeline Kahn. it's pretty good, not the best but a movie worth getting if you're a Madeline Kahn fan or you just like older movies (it's 35 years old).

"Overnight Delievery"- Paul Rudd and Reese Witherspoon. both of them had to be in either their late teens or very early 20s in this movie. it's cute, RW is adorable and PR i just wanna grab and hug like i usually do lol.

13. DonFlackLuvr

DonFlackLuvr Dead on Arrival

I love this movie.. it's one of my favorites..

14. EmilyRocks

EmilyRocks Police Officer

anyone heard of...

Monster Squad?

Killer Klowns from Outer space?

15. Marns

Marns CSI Level Two

Yeah! I've seen this. Twice. :) I loved it. And Paul Rudd.. you're not the only one who'd do that. :p