Most Deserving Actor/Actress for an Award [x3 CSI]

Since I only watch the original, that's all I can comment on here:
There's no other choice for me -
Marg Helgenberger deserves any accolade that would come her way. The way she's turned Catherine into such a multi-dimensional character is a great testament to her acting. Even those who hate all of the Cath!Drama have to admit that she does an excellent job with the scripts that she's given. Take for example the latest episode Law of Gravity, where she's crying over the death of Mike Keppler, or her wonderful performances in BTK 1&2, or how about the emotional wringer her character went through in Lady Heather's Box? Or maybe just something as simple as driving a car real fast in Revenge is..., where she gets out of the car and does her own cute ad lib of "thank you, good night". For those that don't care for Catherine because she gets all of the "highly dramatic" parts - ask yourself why TPTB keep giving those types of scripts to her character. It's because Marg can knock them out of the park with little effort.

Now, if there would be an award for "best supporting CSI character" - one who is a big part of the show, but small in terms of screen time, - It would be hard for me to choose between Louise Lombard, Eric Szmanda or Paul Guilfoyle.
Louise's character of Sofia being the newest, has gone through major changes - from a dayshift CSI demoted to grave, then brought back in the role of a detective (which I think the character has finally found her niche). But Louise would get a vote from me just for the fact that she has to do her entire character with a different accent from her own. That can't be easy to have to concentrate on not only the acting, but the accent as well.
Eric's character of Greg has taken emotional turns. With the work he's been given, Eric has done a great job - even though I think the character has taken a step backward. They've taken away his fun-loving attitude for a more quiet, studious CSI who now has personal drama.
Paul's character of Brass has probably been the one constant the show has had from the beginning. I wasn't pleased with his character's extremely gruff behavior in the first few episodes of the series, but grew to like the character since TPTB have come to rely on him for sarcasm, as well as Brass not knowing the full ins & outs of forensics so the CSIs have to explain to him (as well as the audience).

As a fan of Jorja Fox, I wish I could say that I'd put her in some category for an award, but I can't. Her character of Sara really hasn't given her the opportunity to show even a fraction of the acting she's capable of. There were a few small glimpses of it - such as in Nesting Dolls, Too tough to die, or committed- but those are few & far between.

The CSI:NY cast has so much going on for them. Such great actors in one show. I hope they do get an award as an ensemble cast or an acting award for one of their own.

I must say that Carmine Giovinazzo's acting on those Danny-centric episodes are so good. I deffo think that alone deserves recognition. Just because CSI shows are forensic science-driven, it doesn't mean that the actors do not do their share in carrying the shows.

LV: I have to agree, George Eads

Miami: Emily Proctor, she's been there for the team quite a bit this season.

NY: Gary Sinise

Melina Kanakaredes

She is just amazing. I am shocked she hasnt been nominated for an Emmy. "All Access" should have earned her some award. CSI NY is very overlooked. There is fantastic acting on that show.

I just watch LV, so my nominations come from there. And there are three, all boys too!

William Petersen - why has this man not been nominated or won as Gil Grissom? He brings remarkable light and shade to a character who could be too weird. But he plays it with control and panache and more than a little tongue in cheek humour - but he is capable of creating such far reaching emotion - Butterflied for example or Pirates of the Third Reich. That was an award worthy episode by any standards.

Paul Guilfoyle - the sarcasm he brings with a sense of right and wrong is beautifully crafted. An episode is lacking when he isn't in it. The Gerry Springer trailer trash head wobble in Fannysmacking was genius. He was a total ass in the opening few episodes, but then his character and performances grew on me quickly. He is the law and he should be recognised by an awards panel of some shape or form.

Finally, Wallace Langham. How he has not been nominated is a mystery bordering on criminal. He is so cringy with his comments, but they are timed with perfection. From the butterfly chicken which drives the women wild, to dancing as you process trace, down to Spanky! :lol:

So come on, awards bodies - nominate and reward these three excellent actors! It's a little bit rubbish that you haven't recognised them yet, to be brutally frank! ;)

detdonflackjr said:
Melina Kanakaredes

She is just amazing. I am shocked she hasnt been nominated for an Emmy. "All Access" should have earned her some award. CSI NY is very overlooked. There is fantastic acting on that show.

Yah, NY is very overlooked. Maybe because it's the baby of the three. But if you really take time to separate it from the two, NY also has seriously great acting.

HoratioCainesGirl said:
It's all about David Caruso. Yeah, I know there are 3 CSI shows, but he is the ultimate actor out of everyone. He is a brilliant, dynamic, wonderful actor who plays the single best character in TV history on the best show in TV history. Sorry but I am too partial to DC to really care about anyone else.
Ditto, and ditto.
I only watch Miami and have seen NY before, so sorry to LV fans- they're probably fantastic but I wouldn't know.
I do love Gary Sinse on NY. He's great. And everyone from Miami- especially DC, and Emily Procter. And Jon Togo. And Adam Rodriguez. :)

Back